Ayn Rand Joke

“Anatole France is my hero.”

Since: Apr 14

St. Paul, MN

#1 Aug 11, 2014
Most of you won't get this, but for the few that do: Ayn and her husband, Frank had just finished makin love. She said to him, "It was good for you. Was it good for me?"
Kant

Lewis Center, OH

#2 Aug 12, 2014
Pud the Stud wrote:
Most of you won't get this, but for the few that do: Ayn and her husband, Frank had just finished makin love. She said to him, "It was good for you. Was it good for me?"
This is funny if you think outside her objectivism box, more toward her thoughts on romantic realism. Well done!
Best Philosopher Joke

Lewis Center, OH

#3 Aug 13, 2014
Hobbes walked into a bar and everyone stabbed him.
Locke walked into a bar and had his wallet stolen.
Socrates walked into a bar but wasn't sure.
Aristotle walked into a bar and ordered half a beer.
Rousseau walked into a bar and voted on whether he should drink.
Plato walked into a bar and made everyone exercise naked.

If you "get it", run, do not walk, away from Brown County as fast as possible.

“Anatole France is my hero.”

Since: Apr 14

St. Paul, MN

#4 Aug 13, 2014
I can't let some yokel from Bremen best me in the Philosophy Department, so in the immortal words of the master of the joke, Kant himself:
In Critique of Judgement (1790), he states that "Laughter is an effect that arises if a tense expectation is transformed into nothing."
Here is Kant's two-century old joke and his analysis:

"An Englishman at an Indian's table in Surat saw a bottle of ale being opened, and all the beer, turned to froth, rushed out. The Indian, by repeated exclamations, showed his great amazement.- Well, what's so amazing in that? asked the Englishman.- Oh, but I'm not amazed at its coming out, replied the Indian, but how you managed to get it all in.

This makes us laugh, and it gives us a hearty pleasure. This is not because, say, we think we are smarter than this ignorant man, nor are we laughing at anything else here that it is our liking and that we noticed through our understanding. It is rather that we had a tense expectation that suddenly vanished."

You gotta like Best Philosopher Joke's last statement. It is no joke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pam foley 2 hr miss u lots 1
Dennis Stamm pussyplayera 4 hr Batavia chick 2
zac corbin being laughed at by local attorneys 11 hr TheFirst48 6
Villa G-Town, I was impressed & thank you. 12 hr UglyPuggy 1
Danny - The Devil - Bubp In Deep DooDoo Now (Jul '15) 18 hr Hillbilly Jim 87
Denhamtown Apartments 208 W. South Street (Nov '15) 22 hr Iseeyou 11
News Police: 2 women found dead in Brown County Sunday (Mar '14) Wed Outsider 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethel Mortgages