coroner sued by little’s automaton in...

coroner sued by little’s automaton in federal court

Posted in the Bethel Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Gus

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Feb 25, 2014
Jessica Little dupes Donna Elfers into suing Dr. Varnau and her husband in Federal District Court. Filed yesterday. This gives Mr. Varnau standing as a party defendant to file his own claims against Prosecutor Little and Sheriff Wenninger for dereliction of duty. CORSA is going to be in a giant tailspin over this litigation since they have to pay for representation of county officials, and most of all because CORSA knows, or should know by now, Wenninger is illegally holding office. That implicates CORSA as part of the corrupt activities enterprise here in Brown County. Even though Mr. Varnau played all of the cards in his hand when the U.S. Supreme Court did not issue a writ of certiorari in his quo warranto case, Little and Wenninger keep giving him more cards to play with again, and again. How stupid can these idiots be? They keep claiming the Coroner acts only from a political perspective in her office, when it is actually Little and Wenninger (aka Schadle) who keep playing their political games.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2 Feb 25, 2014
How is the sheriff illegal?
OMG What a Joke BrCo is

Delaware, OH

#4 Feb 26, 2014
Lawsuit: Ohio feud has led to botched death probes

AMANDA LEE MYERS Associated PressPublished: February 25, 2014 4:11PM

CINCINNATI (AP)-- A southern Ohio coroner is accused in a lawsuit of using deaths as a political pawn in a feud with the local sheriff, disrespecting bodies and abandoning important evidence, and as a result, keeping one Ohio family from ever knowing whether a loved one was killed or committed suicide.

The federal civil rights lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati on Monday, names Brown County Coroner Judith Varnau and her husband, Dennis Varnau, who accompanies his wife to scenes and does office work.

Dennis Varnau lost a bid for sheriff in 2008 to longtime Sheriff Dwayne Wenninger and later lost a lawsuit seeking to have Wenninger thrown out of office and take his place.

Since Judith Varnau was elected in 2012, the lawsuit alleges, the Varnaus have refused to work cooperatively with the sheriff's office, and engaged in "shocking and outrageous conduct" that has compromised death investigations in the rural county east of Cincinnati on the Ohio River.

The Varnaus declined to comment on the lawsuit Tuesday, but Dennis Varnau defended his wife.

"There's no bad blood on our part," Varnau said. "My wife just tries to do her job. They're the ones who are derelict in their duty and nobody's holding their feet to the fire."

The lawsuit against the Varnaus was filed by the family of Hanson Jones Jr., 67, of Ripley. He was found dead with a gunshot wound to the head in his home on Aug. 7.

The lawsuit alleges that Judith Varnau declared the death a suicide without doing any meaningful investigation and sent away two sheriff's investigators at the scene.

After she was done, the lawsuit alleges, the Varnaus left behind a shotgun and chunks of Jones' skull, and never ordered an autopsy or tests to see whether there was gun residue on Jones' hands.

When Hanson's sister, Donna Elfers of Georgetown, went to her brother's house after Varnau's investigation, she found the shotgun on the floor, a large knife stuck in the kitchen table, larges pieces of her brother's skull scattered about, and latex gloves and body bag wrappers on the floor, the lawsuit says.

When Elfers called the Varnaus the next day, "Mr. Varnau became agitated and began complaining to Ms. Elfers about a local political feud between himself, his wife and the sheriff's office," the lawsuit says. "When Ms. Elfers pleaded with him to stop talking about politics because she had just lost her brother, he shouted in reply:'Everybody loses someone every day!'"

When Elfers later talked to Judith Varnau about how to handle her brother's skull fragments, she was told, "You can always dig a hole and plant a tree," the lawsuit said.

Hanson's family has serious doubts he would have killed himself but now that he's been cremated, they'll never know, said Al Gerhardstein, the Cincinnati civil rights attorney who is representing Elfers.

Gerhardstein said he's found other cases in which the Varnaus disrespected bodies and abandoned important evidence, including guns, without arranging for testing.

Brown County Chief Deputy John Schadle described his department's relationship with the coroner as nonexistent and said that has compromised investigations.

He said that two weeks before Varnau took office, he and the county prosecutor met with her, but "we were soundly slapped against the face with the olive branch we extended."

Under Ohio law, coroners have control over death scenes unless they turn them over to law enforcement, and in many cases, Varnau refuses to, Schadle said.

"It's a terrible disservice to the families of victims out here and a terrible disservice to the people who have to get involved in these investigations," Schadle said. "And it's not the way we'd like it handled."

___

Follow Amanda Lee Myers on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AmandaLeeAP
LMFAO

Xenia, OH

#5 Feb 26, 2014
And once again the tinfoil hat brigade is out to defend they very own leaders the Varnaus against the Conspiracy that protects Wenninger from their righteous Crusade .....LOL ....... How deranged has someone to be to seriously believe that the Ohio BCI, AG, Governor and the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT cover for a Sheriff from an insignificant Ohio county ??????
Gus

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Feb 26, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
You can start with this:

He can not and did not pass the ORC 311.01 Election and qualifications of sheriff four terms in a row.

The Insider

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Feb 26, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
Gus you are right what you posted, but I will go a little further in the explanation.

Wenninger did not have the educational qualifications to be elected or appointed January 1, 2001.

He appointed himself anyway with OPOTA as sheriff of Brown County.
That was not a valid appointee under ORC 311.01(B).

He went over a year with an invalid appointment, and under the Ohio Administrative Code he could not carry a gun or do the duties of a peace office until he got a valid appointment.

He went four years to January 1, 2005, with an invalid appointment, and completely lost his peace officer certificate under the same OAC provision sections during his first term in office.
He did not assume his second term seat until January 3, 2005, and did so without a valid peace officer certificate.

He would have to go back to the police academy to get a new peace officer certificate all over again to be legal.

He has not, and has been elected, where each time he has not satisfied, first section 311.01(B)(9)(a) or (b) in the first election, and every election after that he failed to satisfy section 311.01(B)(8).

He is illegally holding office. The Attorney General and Governor are aware of this. Jessica Little is too stupid to understand this simple legal logic. Judge Gusweiler is aware of this and recently lied to keep Wenninger’s case file sealed from public access. Everyone who is intellectually honest in this county knows that Wenninger is illegally holding office, but everyone in Brown County is just supposed to PRETEND that he is legal. Wenninger is a criminal and a complete sham.
No one cares

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Feb 26, 2014
Take this "sheriff is not qualified" crap to a new forum! Let's talk about how much money the varnaus are gonna fork out! Oh and how many more lawsuits will get dropped on them?!?!
Gus

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Feb 26, 2014
No one cares wrote:
Take this "sheriff is not qualified" crap to a new forum! Let's talk about how much money the varnaus are gonna fork out! Oh and how many more lawsuits will get dropped on them?!?!
Apparently you care. You care about the wrong things, and have an ulterior motive, what might that be? LET'S NOT take this to a new forum as everyone knows the sheriff is illegal including the deputies, prosecutor and the judge.

How about you dropping a law suit on them. No guts no glory?
OMG What a Joke BrCo is

Delaware, OH

#10 Feb 28, 2014
Updated: Thursday, February 27 2014, 06:15 PM EST
BROWN COUNTY, Ohio (Rich Jaffe)-- Officials in Brown County say they hear about concerns from residents every day on the way the county coroner, Doctor Judith Varnau is doing her job.

We've been telling you about the battle between the coroner and the sheriff's office for months. Earlier this week a family filed a lawsuit against Varnau due to the way she handled the death of a loved one.

Brown County Commissioners say complaints about Coroner Dr. Judith Varnau are an almost daily occurrence.

Commissioner Daryll Gray tells us, "Basically any time you go out you run into people in the community asking what's going on? What we're gonna do about it, commissioners can't do anything about it. She's an elected official. The people put her in there so the people gonna have to get her out."

Since sheriff's officials have been unable to reach agreement with the coroner on proper policy and procedure the Brown County prosecutor feels compelled to call in state BCI investigators whenever the coroner requests an investigation.

Prosecutor Jessica Little says, "There are some unique circumstances that we have in Brown County at this time and that leaves me in the interest of justice to have state level involvement at this time. It's not due to any lack of confidence in the sheriff's office."

Dr. Varnau didn't want to talk with us on camera but she told me she is concerned about the situation. And there's more.

The night of February 14th in all the ice and snow, after deputies checked out the dead body of Samuel Wise, Dr. Varnau responded to the possible suicide scene near Hamersville. The coroner had to wait 7 hours for BCI investigators to get there. And when she removed the body, Brown County officials say she did it in the back of a pick up truck.

When I asked Dr. Varnau on the phone about using a pickup truck to transport a dead body , she initially didn't want to talk about it. However, she went on to tell me it was a situation where the roads were treacherous and you could only go about 25 miles an hour.

County officials worry that there may come a time when state officials say they've had enough of Brown County's problems.

Commissioner Gray said, "There may come a time when BCI won't come back down here because we're using them pretty heavy."

Prosecutor Jessica Little tells us that in the interest of justice she very much appreciates the fact that Attorney General Mike DeWine and the investigators at BIC are willing to help the citizens of Brown County.

Follow Rich Jaffe on Twitter @rajaffe and LIKE him on Facebook

REALLY IN A PICK UP TRUCK, I DONT CARE HOW THE ROADS ARE, VERY DISRESPECTFUL !!!!!!!!!!
Mike DeVine

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Feb 28, 2014
OMG What a Joke BrCo is wrote:
Updated: Thursday, February 27 2014, 06:15 PM EST
BROWN COUNTY, Ohio (Rich Jaffe)-- Officials in Brown County say they hear about concerns from residents every day on the way the county coroner, Doctor Judith Varnau is doing her job..........
Is that what Brown County Residents call the perfect lie to say it happens every day? Is that supposed to give what they say more credit?

This is what is disrespectful and a joke, for the sheriff to lie and fool the people of Brown County.

Wenninger did not have the educational qualifications to be elected or appointed January 1, 2001.

He appointed himself anyway with OPOTA as sheriff of Brown County.
That was not a valid appointee under ORC 311.01(B).

He went over a year with an invalid appointment, and under the Ohio Administrative Code he could not carry a gun or do the duties of a peace office until he got a valid appointment.

He went four years to January 1, 2005, with an invalid appointment, and completely lost his peace officer certificate under the same OAC provision sections during his first term in office.
He did not assume his second term seat until January 3, 2005, and did so without a valid peace officer certificate.

He would have to go back to the police academy to get a new peace officer certificate all over again to be legal.

He has not, and has been elected, where each time he has not satisfied, first section 311.01(B)(9)(a) or (b) in the first election, and every election after that he failed to satisfy section 311.01(B)(8).

He is illegally holding office. The Attorney General and Governor are aware of this. Jessica Little is too stupid to understand this simple legal logic. Judge Gusweiler is aware of this and recently lied to keep Wenninger’s case file sealed from public access. Everyone who is intellectually honest in this county knows that Wenninger is illegally holding office, but everyone in Brown County is just supposed to PRETEND that he is legal. Wenninger is a criminal and a complete sham.
Yes We Can

Delaware, OH

#12 Feb 28, 2014
PETITION TO REMOVE BROWN COUNTY CORONER
Saturday at 8:00am
107 E. Grant Street, Georgetown OH 45121
Please Share......
Yes We Can

Delaware, OH

#13 Feb 28, 2014
Yes We Can wrote:
PETITION TO REMOVE BROWN COUNTY CORONER
Saturday at 8:00am
107 E. Grant Street, Georgetown OH 45121
Please Share......
Saturday March 1st 8am to 8pm
Call me

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Feb 28, 2014
Let me know when there's a petition to get rid if Wenninger.
OMG Really

Delaware, OH

#15 Feb 28, 2014
Why is it that every post on topix goes right back to Wenninger, SUCK IT UP BUTTER CUP, MR.D.V you sir are gonna have a Heart Attack over this crap with WENNINGER, Then he really wins cause you will be in the ground or in the back of a pick up truck, and the only thing ppl will remember is what a pest you are, Live by K.I.S.S. = Keep it simple STUPID Let it go already, Even if your wife was doing the right thing you sir have made her name as bad as yours, Hope you are proud of yourself, You get no RESPECT and neither do she
Because

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Feb 28, 2014
OMG Really wrote:
Why is it that every post on topix goes right back to Wenninger,
Maybe because many people don't believe he is doing his job and he has caused a lot of this trouble. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
No one cares

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Feb 28, 2014
Dennis quit changing your name on here, I can't keep up!
Bass Fisher

Mason, OH

#18 Feb 28, 2014
I do not know why people seem to attack the Varnau's all the time. I have talked to both of them over the past few years since I retired. They have always been pleasant and both seem very intelligent. I saw them before at the Chinese place by Shoppco. I have read up things about his case he told me about. Everything he said is true about the sheriff. Many attack him over the court action. He did everything to the letter of the law and never got his day in court. I have personally read his case and it is obvious he got swept under by political corruption. If anyone should be bitter it should be the Varnau's. They were told by the courts each step taken just to spend thousands of dollars and never have their case heard.

I do not think they have anything to hide. If the opposition is right with clean hands why is there a case file sealed to this day? All of you uninformed people should ask the sheriff what he has to hide. I think many of you know the truth but simply like the sheriff. People like you with that attitude would say well Michael Jackson molested young boys and paid off parents but he is such a good singer and we like him.
Pud

Lewis Center, OH

#19 Feb 28, 2014
Legally Dennis Varnau is on semi-firm ground. If played right, he may win his argument but it would have to argued on a level playing field, i.e. a non-biased judicial process. That is not easy to do, especially in Brown County (or Ohio in general). The reason people dump on him is because he looks like an older version of a character in the Austin Powers movies......Fat [email protected] And the reason they dump on his wife is probably two-fold: she is not the world's most attractive woman and she farms her autopsies out to the overburdened and notoriously sloppy Montgomery County Coroner's Office. I guess Dennis could lose some weight and exercise a little. Dunno about the wife.
Shocked

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Mar 1, 2014
First off Pud, why are you saying anything negative about either of the Varnau's appearances? Judi is an amazing person who cares about people. She is a great doctor and I can only imagine a great coroner as well. She would never disrespect a living or deceased person. She's making the best of a horrible situation. Shame on you for going there. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and bully people. Dennis is doing his best to clean up a corrupt county. I've worked at the SO and I know how sickening it is first hand. I've also worked with Dennis and know how much he cares about the right thing. Do you think for one minute, even if Judi didn't know the law, Dennis would stand by while she broke it? Common sense people. The coroner is there to determine the manner and cause of death. She has tried to work things out with the SO and they refused. They go to crime scenes and leave when she gets there at the direction of the Schadle. I've heard the 911 calls and it's disturbing how little Schadle cares about the people of this county. He could care less. Wenninger is there for a paycheck. He was a dishonest deputy, and he's a dishonest sheriff. There are some good guys working at the SO and they are being forced to break the law because Wenninger and Schadle don't want to work with Judi. This whole rumor mill is like a nasty virus. One person makes some erroneous comments and people take it as gospel. How about we read the law on what the coroner is legally supposed to do at a crime scene. SHE DOING IT! There are other SO's in this state who are appalled at the death scene policy of BCSO. The Varnau's are easy targets. How about we saddle up and go after the real bad guys in this county? John Wayne said it right, "Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."
Mike DeVine

Cincinnati, OH

#21 Mar 1, 2014
Wake up people of Brown County. You are being hood winked by the people tat are supposed to protect you, "your sheriffs office". See if any of these fit your sheriffs office or even the prosecutors office.

ORC 2923.41 Criminal gang definitions.
As used in sections 2923.41 to 2923.44 of the Revised Code:
(A) "Criminal gang" means an ongoing formal or informal organization, association, or group of three or more persons to which all of the following apply:
(1) It has as one of its primary activities the commission of one or more of the offenses listed in division (B) of this section.
(2) It has a common name or one or more common, identifying signs, symbols, or colors.
(3) The persons in the organization, association, or group individually or collectively engage in or have engaged in a pattern of criminal gang activity.
(B)
(1) "Pattern of criminal gang activity" means, subject to division (B)(2) of this section, that persons in the criminal gang have committed, attempted to commit, conspired to commit, been complicitors in the commission of, or solicited, coerced, or intimidated another to commit, attempt to commit, conspire to commit, or be in complicity in the commission of two or more of any of the following offenses:
(a) A felony or an act committed by a juvenile that would be a felony if committed by an adult;
(b) An offense of violence or an act committed by a juvenile that would be an offense of violence if committed by an adult;
(c) A violation of section 2907.04 , 2909.06 , 2911.211 , 2917.04 , 2919.23 , or 2919.24 of the Revised Code, section 2921.04 or 2923.16 of the Revised Code, section 2925.03 of the Revised Code if the offense is trafficking in marihuana, or section 2927.12 of the Revised Code.
(2) There is a "pattern of criminal gang activity" if all of the following apply with respect to the offenses that are listed in division (B)(1)(a),(b), or (c) of this section and that persons in the criminal gang committed, attempted to commit, conspired to commit, were in complicity in committing, or solicited, coerced, or intimidated another to commit, attempt to commit, conspire to commit, or be in complicity in committing:
(a) At least one of the two or more offenses is a felony.
(b) At least one of those two or more offenses occurs on or after January 1, 1999.
(c) The last of those two or more offenses occurs within five years after at least one of those offenses.
(d) The two or more offenses are committed on separate occasions or by two or more persons.
(C) "Criminal conduct" means the commission of, an attempt to commit, a conspiracy to commit, complicity in the commission of, or solicitation, coercion, or intimidation of another to commit, attempt to commit, conspire to commit, or be in complicity in the commission of an offense listed in division (B)(1)(a),(b), or (c) of this section or an act that is committed by a juvenile and that would be an offense, an attempt to commit an offense, a conspiracy to commit an offense, complicity in the commission of, or solicitation, coercion, or intimidation of another to commit, attempt to commit, conspire to commit, or be in complicity in the commission of an offense listed in division (B)(1)(a),(b), or (c) of this section if committed by an adult.
(D) "Juvenile" means a person who is under eighteen years of age.
(E) "Law enforcement agency" includes, but is not limited to, the state board of pharmacy and the office of a prosecutor.
(F) "Prosecutor" has the same meaning as in section 2935.01 of the Revised Code.
Effective Date: 01-01-1999; 07-01-2007

Don't forget the sheriffs taking the prisoner from the hospital to jail where he died after all the threats he had before they took him to the jail.

If we did not have the coroner then sheriffs office could do what ever they wanted including killing anyone and make it look like a suicide.
They do not conform to the usual crime scene operation from any other law enforcement methods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Feed mill (May '16) 5 hr Jake 7
Johnny Kools (Mar '16) Wed Nacho trash 26
Did you buy a German Shepherd from Kelli? Wed millert4 1
Murder of 1981 (Nov '13) Wed Jenna Jameson 40
dorothy fussnecker Dec 6 Platz 7
Sarah Vermillion Dec 3 Nick 1
Eric Lang Dec 3 Black Josh 2

Bethel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance