Burke has earned a second term

Full story: NewsTimes.com

Two years ago Robert Burke was elected first selectman because his opponent did not demonstrate she earned a second term.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Oct 6, 2011
newnornot

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 28, 2007
 
newtown, whoever you are you do a disservice by posting lenghty drivel to deny access and block comments. you muts be part of olson's team, runningscared and someone who thinks she is above the law other than harassing the 6 folks who might even look at comments on line, you do nothing but show you are a small minded little bully.
Morons

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 28, 2007
 
More Morons. You can block me all you want. It woudn't be the first time and I really don't care. My opinon on this forums means about as much as the useless posts from Newtown which is nothing. I just do it for kicks.
getalife

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 28, 2007
 
Wow, you people really need to find something constructive to do with yourselves. What a sad bunch.
Whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 28, 2007
 
Sir Bobnick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! You tell them, getalife. I'm with you. Send me a list of the people you hate and I'll add it to mine. No trouble at all.
Have you tried counseling?

No apparently you need more how about zanex? you got issues, you need help.
SinkingShip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 29, 2007
 
Phil Gallagher's time has passed. The people have already spoken and his views were not accepted. He needs to accept this and go away.

Phil has a clear bias against school spending and uses comments by a small representation of school supporters to justify his bias. Go to any BOF meeting where there is a school discussion to see for yourself. Don't support Phil or any of his biased cohorts as they are desperately holding on to a sinking ship. Upon falling off, the Bethel Republican party will once again be a respected viable organization. Please help rid the ship of these rats!
time to go

Charlestown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 29, 2007
 
Phil Who?
clearlenz

Stratford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 29, 2007
 
It must be true, then, that those who disagree with Phil are also biased against residents who support schools but not necessarily the respective budget?
SinkingShip wrote:
Phil Gallagher's time has passed. The people have already spoken and his views were not accepted. He needs to accept this and go away.
Phil has a clear bias against school spending and uses comments by a small representation of school supporters to justify his bias. Go to any BOF meeting where there is a school discussion to see for yourself. Don't support Phil or any of his biased cohorts as they are desperately holding on to a sinking ship. Upon falling off, the Bethel Republican party will once again be a respected viable organization. Please help rid the ship of these rats!
Buzzworthy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 29, 2007
 
SinkingShip wrote:
Phil Gallagher's time has passed. The people have already spoken and his views were not accepted. He needs to accept this and go away.
Phil has a clear bias against school spending and uses comments by a small representation of school supporters to justify his bias. Go to any BOF meeting where there is a school discussion to see for yourself. Don't support Phil or any of his biased cohorts as they are desperately holding on to a sinking ship. Upon falling off, the Bethel Republican party will once again be a respected viable organization. Please help rid the ship of these rats!
Ship - I thought you were safely out of town? Go back to Vermont!
SinkingShip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 29, 2007
 
clearlenz wrote:
It must be true, then, that those who disagree with Phil are also biased against residents who support schools but not necessarily the respective budget?
<quoted text>
Not true at all, unless of course you are one of the lunatic fringe members of either party. Gallagher fits that bill. He is against school funding, period! See for yourself, show up at a meeting where these issues are discussed and view the lack of reasoning behind his motions and votes.

None of us want to write a blank check and feel it later in our tax bills, but alternatively we don't want to skimp on the schools and feel it in our futures, whether it be in the education of our children or the value of our homes.

This is a personal war against the schools waged by Burke, Gallagher and the rest of that gang, stemming from a dispute with a few lunatic fringe school supporters. This is not the leadership we need. We need leaders who can stand above the fray.
They need to be put out to sea before the ship sinks!
SinkingShip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 29, 2007
 
Buzzworthy wrote:
<quoted text>Ship - I thought you were safely out of town? Go back to Vermont!
Speaking of bias, how about the buzzman who thinks if you have kids you can't make reasonable decisions on the BOE. Hopefully he sinks with the ship.
SinkingShip

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 29, 2007
 
Bloviator wrote:
<quoted text>Burke beat your boys by 700 voters last ime around and he's on course to flush Olson by the same margin of victory like the little turd he is. Hopefully he'll drag that rodent DeNigris, water boy Knickerbocker, and Colonel Klink Pedone in his wake and sink that ship in the process.
As a "good" Republican I voted for Burke last time. My mistake, it won't happen again.
Buzzworthy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 29, 2007
 
SinkingShip wrote:
<quoted text>
As a "good" Republican I voted for Burke last time. My mistake, it won't happen again.
Your mind is clouded by your bias, and Chesley is able to exploit that. He serves his Jonestown Koolaid, and the mesmerized mommas on the school board have only one response... "yes, Dr. Chesley". After all, they worry that there kid won't get the commendations, a slot on the Rennaisance weekend, a chance at quarterback and a Bethel Sports Boosters Wildcat sign to wear as a badge at the end of their driveway, and a list of "accomplishments" to put on their college entrance application - exploitation of their positions - just connect the dots. Mommy and Daddy cannot make an unbiased decision, there is no way. They are there for what they can get.
Oracle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 29, 2007
 
SinkingShip wrote:
<quoted text>
As a "good" Republican I voted for Burke last time. My mistake, it won't happen again.
Enjoy the Koolaid!

And, the former lifelong history teacher is really a self-loathing person. He has a masters degree in education but he is anti-school. It is this thinking that clouds the vision of the schoolies like "Sinking Ship" and is reason for any reasonable person to agree it is a conflict of interest for a parent with children in school to serve on the school board.
SinkingShip

Pelham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 29, 2007
 
Oracle wrote:
<quoted text>Enjoy the Koolaid!
And, the former lifelong history teacher is really a self-loathing person. He has a masters degree in education but he is anti-school. It is this thinking that clouds the vision of the schoolies like "Sinking Ship" and is reason for any reasonable person to agree it is a conflict of interest for a parent with children in school to serve on the school board.
I was waiting for his past to come up.

What does being a former teacher have to do with how he votes? Talk about a clouded mind. Are you so full of hate and bias that you don't see your failed logic. Let me lay it out for you.
In your words "it is a conflict of interest for a parent with children in school to serve on the school board." Your inference that Gallagher has a masters in education and is a lifelong history teacher implies that he would always vote in favor of the school budgets, which flies directly in the face of your logic, because he doesnít and if he did you would be writing nasty notes about him.

Again I say to all, donít take my word for it, go to a meeting and see how he acts, then you'll understand. I do, and I speak from experience. Itís no secret how he votes, my experience has seen that itís always no to the schools. Thatís got to make one wonder of his motives. His turn is in '08 so now is the time to start attending meetings to see what actually goes on.
noracle

Danbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 29, 2007
 
Phil is a decent guy who supports reasonable budgets, wants to see the money spent wisely and does his research. Bethel really does have among the highest per pupil spending, and our test scores are so so.

So you don't like the message and you compensate not having real arguments by marginalizing the messenger.

clever but it won't fool anybody.
boobloviator

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 29, 2007
 
Bloviator wrote:
<quoted text>Burke beat your boys by 700 voters last ime around and he's on course to flush Olson by the same margin of victory like the little turd he is. Hopefully he'll drag that rodent DeNigris, water boy Knickerbocker, and Colonel Klink Pedone in his wake and sink that ship in the process.
And once again, you speak like a nasty little 4th grader. Is this the way you teach your children to debate? If so, they won't have an easy time getting anyone's respect out there in the real world (as opposed to the tiny little world that you occupy).
Can you really not see the difference between the way you debate issues and the way other people do? Maybe your wife or your mother could help by explaining this to you...except they're probably afraid you'll start calling them nasty names, too.

Grow up.
Cherly Boston

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Oct 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Everyni gger is an ape.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bethel Discussions

Search the Bethel Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 41 min Yep2 9,299
Fast Adderall,xanny ,MMJ- ADHD 23 hr Newton 1
Put more children on psychiatric drugs to preve... (Dec '12) Tue anonymousnetruthteller 8
Putin wins Time magazine's 'Person of the Year' (Dec '07) Jul 20 Cordwainer Trout 10
Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) Jul 20 Huh uh 190
Black people smell (Jun '08) Jul 13 nyc bx 121
Newtown school board greets Sandy Hook skeptics... Jul 12 Not from round here 16
•••
•••

Bethel News Video

•••
•••

Bethel Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bethel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Bethel News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bethel
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••