Bethel's Burke says he will keep fighting

First Selectman Robert Burke, facing a primary battle in his bid for re-election and a court appearance after his arrest on a criminal charge, said Thursday he would keep fighting on both fronts. Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
123wwr

Fairhaven, MA

#1 Sep 3, 2009
Will the NewsTimes put Burke on Page one everyday? Why do they hate hime so much?
Impeach

Gloucester, MA

#2 Sep 3, 2009
123wwr wrote:
Will the NewsTimes put Burke on Page one everyday? Why do they hate hime so much?
Because he is a festering turd, and a pox on the houses of all the good people of Bethel.
Yellow Journalism

Middletown, CT

#3 Sep 3, 2009
123wwr wrote:
Because he's Republican... why do ya think?
Bullwinkle

AOL

#5 Sep 4, 2009
123wwr wrote:
--said he's been buoyed by the continued encouragement of those THREE PEOPLE who support him.--

Hey Bob, getting any lately ???

I saw Catherine the other day at the Bethel Food Market, and she doesn't look none too happy !!! Is she buying your "politically motivated boolshit" ??!!

David must be proud of Pop too !!
Stick with Burke

Ridgefield, CT

#6 Sep 4, 2009
Burke has my vote. The people who are attacking him are sick in the head. His personal life is none of anyone's business. He has a lot of support and we want him to know that.
Bethel Mom

Monroe, CT

#7 Sep 4, 2009
This whole mess may not be anyone's business but his morals (or lack thereof) certainly is the business of the town he claims he cares so much about! What you do in your personal life follows you.
Town TIme

East Berlin, CT

#11 Sep 4, 2009
He is on the front page and gets to have his say and defend himself. That's fair. Should he not have this venue for his own defense?

I want to know how much of this was done on the town's dime. Was he meeting up with this women when he was supposed to be working for the taxpayers?

How will he deal with the distraction of dealing with this issue while trying to do his job? What about mending relationships with his family? Does he not want to pay attention to that?

Also his defense, above, by himself and by Mr Crnic, does not address any of the criticism of his job performance by Mr Szatkowski.

HIs "personal life" is not the only issue here. But if he wants to run and keep up the fight, that's his right.
Billy Budd

Danbury, CT

#12 Sep 4, 2009
So why is it OK to cheat on your wife but a problem if you call the tart you cheated with?
wethepeople

Danbury, CT

#14 Sep 4, 2009
123wwr wrote:
Because he is the first selelctman of a town and was arrested and hauled off to the police station as a criminal! duh!

because his sworn affidavit shows he lied to police.

because mr. "open and honest government" lied to his wife.lied to police, lied to his supporters.

the best thing he can do is resign now and spend the remainder of his life drunk and the vfw post--he is good at that at least.
Louise

Brunswick, ME

#15 Sep 4, 2009
I agree with the people who say what you do home should stay home. But the stalking that's a end game for me. How can we have a selectman who doesn't have good judgement. Even after the police spoke to him not once but several times he continued to call. Poor choices, poor judgement Bethel needs better then that.
Impeach

Gloucester, MA

#16 Sep 4, 2009
Yellow Journalism wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he's Republican... why do ya think?
Burke's way or the highway = Democrat. I don't care where he's registered, he's a Pro-Bethel loony who is registered Republican.
laughing out loud

Danbury, CT

#17 Sep 4, 2009
Probethel, party of 3? Your table is ready - hopefully far away from Bethel!
lol

Boston, MA

#18 Sep 4, 2009
laughing out loud wrote:
Probethel, party of 3? Your table is ready - hopefully far away from Bethel!
actually there's 5 members, and cynic is not one of them, he'd never be a member of a party that would accept him
Real

South Windsor, CT

#19 Sep 4, 2009
This all shows what kind of guy Burke is. Even with the endorsement of the Pro-bethel party giving him a spot in the november election. He still will go through a primary he can't win and cost the town of Bethel Thousands of dollars.
MXEditor

London, UK

#21 Sep 4, 2009
Time to step down!
townhall

Enfield, CT

#22 Sep 4, 2009
please bow out MR. Burke and don~t split the vote and allow Knickerbocker to get in. We don~t want him here. Do the right thing
ironyman

Danbury, CT

#23 Sep 4, 2009
burke doesn't give a d@m about anybody in the world but burke.

if a cop asked a skateboarder not to skate in the cvs parking lot and the kid did it anyway burke would want him tossed in jail, but a state cop advises him to stop harassing a woman and her family and burke ignores him and says its no worse than jaywalking! then he lies to police about it. what an f'ing scumbag!

this guy has no respect for the law, no respect for the people of bethel, no respect for his f'ing wife for god's sake! pretty scummy behavior for someone who describes himself as a christian and a conservative! and he isn't even apologetic about any of it.

he thinks the world revolves around him. he intentionally hangs out with losers like crnic and gaeta so he can feel like the biggest turd in the toilet.

its only a matter of time before all of the dirt comes out. i would bet big money that the phone harassment charges are only the easiest thing to bring to trial--the sure thing. there is plenty more dirt hiding under the rocks.

hopefully he'll end up in prison and be the small turd, forced to "pick up the soap" every shower time. then he'll finally get what he's been giving to bethel for 4 years.

anyone want to start a "impeach burke" campaign? make signs? march around the municipal center? i'm game.
ironyman

Danbury, CT

#24 Sep 4, 2009
throw burke out. stop the primary. save bethel a few thousand bucks.
Good job

United States

#25 Sep 4, 2009
Run Forest Run!
taxwatchdogs

Plainville, CT

#26 Sep 4, 2009
Where oh where are the infamous tax watchdogs of Bethel? Are they at all concerened that Burke may have been stalking on town time?

If a school official had been accused of a similar crime, the watchdogs would have been squealing and howling for accountability and resignations.

I'm waiting for your outrage...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cyclists riding to D.C. in memory of Sandy Hook... 3 hr Riverbank resident 1
News Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) Mar 25 CTM 12,176
sandy hook = hoax Mar 25 CTM 10
How many newtown shooting families still reside... Mar 25 CTM 4
does anyone know shelbey roy Mar 24 gggh 1
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Mar '07) Mar 23 Jacksonville 15
News Site gets it for you wholesale (May '09) Jan '15 Connecticut Tippy 3
Bethel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bethel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]