Bethel police again tries to jail all...

Bethel police again tries to jail alleged gym coach molester

There are 57 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Nov 21, 2008, titled Bethel police again tries to jail alleged gym coach molester. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

Jury selection begins next month for Russell Brandon Wallace, a former gymnastics coach described by police as a classic child molester who zeroed in on certain pre-teen students, showering them with attention ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
holy crap

Glastonbury, CT

#1 Nov 22, 2008
There's a boob fairy? I will now hope and pray for the boob fairy to come visit me.
out of ct

United States

#3 Nov 22, 2008
Mandatory life sentence without parole. Have at 'em, b ig bub ba!
No Common Sense

Manchester, NH

#4 Nov 22, 2008
While we shouldn't indict all single men who are over 35 (much less over 40) who are coaching girls in gymnastics, where there's smoke there is usually fire.

Why are single men interested in coaching young girls in a sport where it is necessary to "spot" (another word for put your hands on the girl? Does it take an effing rocket scientist to figure out why?

And how could a guy like this work for so long in Bethel and the area without being fired or arrested sooner? I blame the owners of these gyms.

Those 2 j e r k o f f s from Brookfield were finally nailed AGAIN in Massachusetts and will have their day in court like this creep.

Parents beware - the system is failing you. It's time to raise your antennas regarding all of this gymnastics places, including the cheerleading facilities.

If one of these guys did something to my daughter and the system failed us, they would be wise to leave the country.

Now, time to wait and see how the courts will handle this. Maybe the ACLU or some Yale Law students will stop by and get these kind of guys off the hook - anything is possible.
yeah

Exeter, NH

#5 Nov 22, 2008
No Common Sense wrote:
While we shouldn't indict all single men who are over 35 (much less over 40) who are coaching girls in gymnastics, where there's smoke there is usually fire.
Why are single men interested in coaching young girls in a sport where it is necessary to "spot" (another word for put your hands on the girl? Does it take an effing rocket scientist to figure out why?
And how could a guy like this work for so long in Bethel and the area without being fired or arrested sooner? I blame the owners of these gyms.
Those 2 j e r k o f f s from Brookfield were finally nailed AGAIN in Massachusetts and will have their day in court like this creep.
Parents beware - the system is failing you. It's time to raise your antennas regarding all of this gymnastics places, including the cheerleading facilities.
If one of these guys did something to my daughter and the system failed us, they would be wise to leave the country.
Now, time to wait and see how the courts will handle this. Maybe the ACLU or some Yale Law students will stop by and get these kind of guys off the hook - anything is possible.
What if the guy is gay and could care less about touching girls THAT way... or what about a le$bian coach?

you assume a lot
West Side Mom

Danbury, CT

#6 Nov 22, 2008
We think we are protecting our children by putting up "no sex offender" signs in the playgrounds and then we don't believe them when they tell us the gymnastics teacher is abusing them. What is wrong with us??
Mona

Brookfield, CT

#7 Nov 22, 2008
Cut his hands off.....amung other things
censorfree

Ridgefield, CT

#8 Nov 22, 2008
Just some more fine family values out of those 'red-blooded Americans' we keep hearing about. DEPORT!
NYWalker

AOL

#11 Nov 22, 2008
Fred my boy, crawl back up your hole..what a stupid thing to say...OMGosh i'm just as stupid to respond...just had too
Phil

Trumbull, CT

#12 Nov 22, 2008
Fred, your incredibly disgusting for even suggesting that. These girls did not ask for this. They will have to live with this for the rest of their lives. This isn't something that happens to them that they can just brush off. Wallace is a very sick person. I hope he gets his lesson in jail. Convicts love sex offenders. He will get whats coming to him. My prayers and sympathy to all these girls....Russ will get his.
somethingstinks

United States

#13 Nov 22, 2008
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the guy is gay and could care less about touching girls THAT way... or what about a le$bian coach?
you assume a lot
Did you read what he is charged with? Go back and read slower.
obobo

Brookfield, CT

#14 Nov 22, 2008
why isnt there any pictures of this guy anywhere?

I would like to see pictures of all sex offenders at all playgrounds and parks.

Perhaps this make too much sense, bad idea.

Come on America Lets get back to work. Complacentcy donsnt get the job done, we individually do.
No Common Sense

Manchester, NH

#15 Nov 22, 2008
yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the guy is gay and could care less about touching girls THAT way... or what about a le$bian coach?
you assume a lot
Great idea. Get more Gays and Lesbians coaching. You think that solves the problem? Did you read the article? He's neither.

There's a million jobs people can do in this world - a million careers. God forbid that a coach with a deviant profile can't coach gymnastics. I think he/she could choose another career and lead a happy life. A businessman with a brain wouldn't hire either over a straight woman for this field. That's called common sense, which generally defies the laws of this ACLU-driven leftist land in which we live.

You can let the people decide whether or not they want their young boy or girl coached by a Gay or Lesbian. My guess is (right or wrong)that it wouldn't be good for business which is why you don't see as many.

My point is, if you see a many is your daughter's gymnastic coach, don't go there. You would be erring on the side of caution. When it comews to my daughter or my other kids, erring on the side of caution is called "COMMON SENSE". There is no debate for this.

If you go to a carwash or gas station, or dry cleaner or restaurant, or retail clothing store or office supply store, hire a landscaper, whatever - who cares what sexual preference or gender the person is. It doesn't matter. But when you put your kids in a plce where they will be handled physically by a questionable person utilizing one-on-one instruction - that's the time to err on the side of caution.

USE YOUR BRAIN - PROTECT YOUR KID.
Pat Man

Warrenville, IL

#16 Nov 22, 2008
Hey!
You guys leave Fred alone.
He was one of my best weight lifting recruits back in the day...
Hmm

Boston, MA

#17 Nov 22, 2008
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?
Retired Gymnast

Haverhill, MA

#18 Nov 22, 2008
Coming from a former Gymnast who spent 5 days in the gym a week with a male coach in his early 40's, this is truly a discrace and quite disturbing to hear. Maybe the parent of these gymast should start attending more of their practices!
out of ct

Grand Blanc, MI

#19 Nov 22, 2008
Fred wrote:
And maybe the girls asked for it.
You're out of your mind!
out of ct

Grand Blanc, MI

#20 Nov 22, 2008
obobo wrote:
why isnt there any pictures of this guy anywhere?
I would like to see pictures of all **** offenders at all playgrounds and parks.
Perhaps this make too much sense, bad idea.
Come on America Lets get back to work. Complacentcy donsnt get the job done, we individually do.
Weren't the officials working on something like this already?? Isn't there a state known $ e x offenders website displaying photos online, that any town could tap into to make posters or something? I still say these bums should get a brand mark on their forehead or wrist, that way they can't slither from town to town under the radar. At least cyberspace seems to be narrowing their playing field, even though they think it's working in their favor. Catch em all!!
bobo

Shelton, CT

#21 Nov 23, 2008
The state has a listing of convicted sex offenders and you can also go to familywatchdog.us for a listing with a map. This guy isn't convicted yet so he's not on anything.
HEY NOW

Chadbourn, NC

#24 Nov 23, 2008
someone should burn his house down with him in it!
out of ct

United States

#25 Nov 23, 2008
Looks as though he will be a worhty addition very soon, then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watch: Bethel Fire Department Launches Video Ca... Jun 21 Mee 2
News Danbury Hospital Launches Outpatient Palliative... Jun 20 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Bill Would Raise Penalties For Careless Drivers... Jun 16 ffctguitar 3
News Barack Obama to go to Orlando to pay respects t... Jun 15 RalphB 10
News Public safety minister rejects call to change c... Jun 14 lotsa Reg Flag news 1
News Danbury man faces assault charges after ex-wife... (Feb '08) May 31 In the know 415
Review: Bethel Academy of Martial Arts May 30 jaidapasion 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethel Mortgages