Gun control debate heating up in stat...

Gun control debate heating up in statehouses

There are 2688 comments on the NBC29 story from Dec 21, 2012, titled Gun control debate heating up in statehouses. In it, NBC29 reports that:

By The Associated Press Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday: President Barack Obama says his administration has received an outpouring of support for stricter gun laws following last week's elementary school massacre in Connecticut, telling respondents to an online... President Barack ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29.

First Prev
of 135
Next Last
Devils Advocate

Oakland, CA

#2950 Feb 22, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You assign so many things to the right wing. Shall I guess what you assign to them? Everything you don’t like. You’re like that Wall Street Government fool. Anyone that disagrees with him is a teabagger, with you they’re right wingers.
I take no issue with the drone attacks. I’m actually good with it. What I do take issue with is the left screaming about water boarding yet are fine with drone attacks.
I’m neither a right winger nor a Christian.
Waterboarding is torture and against international treaties, drone attacks are legitimate tools executing the "war on terror" implemented by the "terrible trio" Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld who killed maimed and displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2952 Feb 22, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You assign so many things to the right wing. Shall I guess what you assign to them? Everything you don’t like. You’re like that Wall Street Government fool. Anyone that disagrees with him is a teabagger, with you they’re right wingers.
I take no issue with the drone attacks. I’m actually good with it. What I do take issue with is the left screaming about water boarding yet are fine with drone attacks.
I’m neither a right winger nor a Christian.
Here is another on the rightwing obstructionist troglodytes – the price we pay for health care! For those without health insurance, the costs are totally out of control. Consider the Connecticut woman who went to the hospital last year for chest pains only to find out it was a bad case of heartburn. She didn't have insurance, and Time reports that she got a bill for $21,000 --$1,000 for the ambulance ride,$3,000 for doctors and $17,000 for a three-hour -- yes, three-hour -- hospital stay. Had the effing GOPers obstructionists taken a little time out from hating Obama we could have put together a well working, well functioning and streamlined health care system! But noooo they rather throw their sissy fits! National Healthcare is a republican idea to begin with but when it comes from that wrong-colored guy in the white house it unacceptable!!!!!!!!!

“Why call 911? 1911 is faster”

Since: Feb 08

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2953 Feb 23, 2013
Devils Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Waterboarding is torture and against international treaties, drone attacks are legitimate tools executing the "war on terror" implemented by the "terrible trio" Bush, Cheney & Rumsfeld who killed maimed and displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
Interesting comment, war on terror. Nearly 5,000 have been killed. How many of those were tied directly to our “war on terror”?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/18/u...
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/06/148000630/holde...
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22631140...

I’m perfectly fine with using drones to strike terrorist organizations. But, it’s gone beyond that. We’re now using drones as an assassination tool. Sometimes into sovereign nations such as Pakistan, a country our government refers to as ally. Pakistan objects to our invasion of their sovereign territory, we ignore their objections. What would the ramifications be if another nation sent a drone into our airspace?

The hypocrisy from the left has been objection to making a few terrorists uncomfortable and endorsing remote control assassination. A few outspoken people on the left have accused Obama of being a war criminal for the drone attacks.

Learn a bit about a subject before you attempt to justify it.

Try posting using one name. Better yet, become a registered user.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2954 Feb 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is another on the rightwing obstructionist troglodytes – the price we pay for health care! For those without health insurance, the costs are totally out of control. Consider the Connecticut woman who went to the hospital last year for chest pains only to find out it was a bad case of heartburn. She didn't have insurance, and Time reports that she got a bill for $21,000 --$1,000 for the ambulance ride,$3,000 for doctors and $17,000 for a three-hour -- yes, three-hour -- hospital stay. Had the effing GOPers obstructionists taken a little time out from hating Obama we could have put together a well working, well functioning and streamlined health care system! But noooo they rather throw their sissy fits! National Healthcare is a republican idea to begin with but when it comes from that wrong-colored guy in the white house it unacceptable!!!!!!!!!
You illustrate your lack of understanding very well. You blame the GOP for high healthcare costs? Do a bit of research on why our costs are so high.

Every administration over the past three decades has promised healthcare reform. Obamacare doesn’t address the high cost of healthcare.

I see you’re pulling out the race card again. I don’t care what color Obama is. Here’s a clue for you, he’s not really black. I do care about his destructive policies.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2955 Feb 23, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting comment, war on terror. Nearly 5,000 have been killed. How many of those were tied directly to our “war on terror”?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/18/u...
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/06/148000630/holde...
http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22631140...
I’m perfectly fine with using drones to strike terrorist organizations. But, it’s gone beyond that. We’re now using drones as an assassination tool. Sometimes into sovereign nations such as Pakistan, a country our government refers to as ally. Pakistan objects to our invasion of their sovereign territory, we ignore their objections. What would the ramifications be if another nation sent a drone into our airspace?
The hypocrisy from the left has been objection to making a few terrorists uncomfortable and endorsing remote control assassination. A few outspoken people on the left have accused Obama of being a war criminal for the drone attacks.
Learn a bit about a subject before you attempt to justify it.
Try posting using one name. Better yet, become a registered user.
How is life in your rightwingnuz fantasy land? where one endlessly repeats slogans and talking points like retarded parrots.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#2956 Feb 23, 2013
eternal cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
You illustrate your lack of understanding very well. You blame the GOP for high healthcare costs? Do a bit of research on why our costs are so high.
Every administration over the past three decades has promised healthcare reform. Obamacare doesn’t address the high cost of healthcare.
I see you’re pulling out the race card again. I don’t care what color Obama is. Here’s a clue for you, he’s not really black. I do care about his destructive policies.
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. Your inability to learn facts and skills to apply them is spectacular!

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2957 Feb 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
How is life in your rightwingnuz fantasy land? where one endlessly repeats slogans and talking points like retarded parrots.
Being a libtard you’re immune to reality.

Wesley Chapel, FL

#2958 Feb 23, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. Your inability to learn facts and skills to apply them is spectacular!
How exactly does Obamacare address the high cost of medical care in the US? The costs will remain high because the root cause is still in place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 135
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) Tue Last one 1,008
Debate: Occupy Wall St - Redding, CT (Nov '11) Jul 19 No 37
nude and naked 8 miilion woman fly to los angel... Jul 17 OCCUPY LOS ANGELES 1
nude and naked 18 year olds collage fresman tas... Jul 17 OCCUPY LOS ANGELES 1
15 year old take their clothes off for occupy l... Jul 17 OCCUPY LOS ANGELES 1
alex of yucaipa occuppy yucaipa ca Jul 17 OCCUPY CIA POLICE 1
News Campaign Season Begins for Probate Candidates (Aug '10) Jul 17 stupid white people 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethel Mortgages