Burke affidavit alleges numerous call...

Burke affidavit alleges numerous calls to victim after affair e...

There are 199 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Burke affidavit alleges numerous calls to victim after affair e.... In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

State police said that Bethel First Selectman Robert Burke made more than 40 phone calls to a his former lover and her new boyfriend in Massachusetts using a telephone that Burke cancelled five days after the woman filed a harassment complaint with Bethel police, according to a police affidavit filed Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Must of been

New Haven, CT

#213 Sep 3, 2009
Must of been some fine strang for him to throw it all away. What are you 16 years old.
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#215 Sep 3, 2009
OLD62 wrote:
He needs to play the beatles song
"I'm a Loser"
What a nitwit how dumb can you be
Is he a Democrate, remember people voted for this clown, and i mean CLOWN all he needs is the nose.
He doesn't want to use the song your known for and unlike yours he would have to use a fake red nose.
Impeach

Gloucester, MA

#216 Sep 3, 2009
Nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
These comments are total nonsense. The RTC is clueless. Everything that was accomplished was totally sourced from Burke. Everything! The RTC goons couldn't lead a gradeschooler across the street without getting them all killed. For Chrissakes, Crnic ran both campaigns too..Those idiots will go down nin flames without him.
Crnic is swirling. He has gone through hyper-spin to swirl, and both he and Burken are on their way down the proverbial drain.

Burke has had two things on his mind these past two years. 1. The woman he tossed him over. 2. How to carry out political vendettas against people who crossed him in some way.

The man is a lunatic, and his handlers are even more nutts.

Bye, Bye!
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#217 Sep 3, 2009
Impeach wrote:
<quoted text>I know both people, and the story. What is said in the affidavit is exactly true - Burke did all of those things.
I know the woman, and Burke took advantage of her in a fragile state, having just gotten divorced from a long marriage. She did nothing to Burke except to come to her senses and move on.
Burke didn't like that she told him know, and somehow thought his abusive stalking was somehow going to endear her to come back to him because he was in love.
I know this woman and fragile is one word that doesn't come to mind when her name is mentioned.
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#218 Sep 3, 2009
JFK wrote:
Yeehaaaa! First the police commission, now this guy. Don't drink the water in Bethel. Can you hear the banjo music?
You have the right initials to talk about affairs.
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#219 Sep 3, 2009
truth teller wrote:
Note to "You Dummy":
You have it all wrong. Carrying on with your wife and girl friend a the same time is no problem. That's what the Rebublicans call "family values."
What did the Kennedy's call it or Hart or Clinton?
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#220 Sep 3, 2009
Jack wrote:
What kind of hard up woman would crawl into bed with this creep.
Jack speaking about crawling ,was it cold when you crawed out from under your rock this morning?
FOIman

Boston, MA

#221 Sep 3, 2009
laughing out loud wrote:
Burke is an arrogant, lying bully who finally went too far. Have you people not witnessed his nasty temper in meetings, interviews, TV shows? Are you really surprised he was harassing this woman when he didn't get his way. Are you shocked that he lied about the stalking, the cell phone, etc. Can somebody please confirm with proof that he never went to Vietnam? He likes to tell people he was shot twice there, but people who have known him his whole life say he never left the country. I'd like to see how the veterans of Bethel react when this BIG lie is finally revealed. He gets what he deserves. If he believes in God the way he says he does he will rot in hell for what he's put his wife through.
http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-per...
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#222 Sep 3, 2009
so what wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody's Listening, so he'll get 3 votes (Crnic, Gaita and himself)... "Poor Slifkin", having to follow that crew to the sewer.
Make that four, he has my vote.
TOM PETERS SR

AOL

#224 Sep 3, 2009
Impeach wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, and he was impeached and disbarred for perjury. And, he wasn't stalking Monica Lewinski.
Your right he stopped stalking her after she submitted and Monica wasn't the only one.He was not taken out of office.
yep

United States

#226 Sep 4, 2009
TOM PETERS SR wrote:
<quoted text>
What did the Kennedy's call it or Hart or Clinton?
You are CORRECT Mr Peters. He is as honest and trustworthy as Clinton or Hart.
2badcrew

Seymour, CT

#227 Sep 4, 2009
Nancy wrote:
this smells more and more like a politcal stunt...no crime exists in the afidavit. This will get thrown out and the RTC will have destroyed the best First Selectman in Bethel...why Nick? I hope you all enjoy your loss in Nov if burke loses the primary becuase of this...Thanks for nothing.
You guys are pigs for putting this man through this. You ought to be ashamed.
All this over an affair. Nick I am very disapointed in you.
What grade are you in 1st? If no crime existed Bob never would hav ehad his mug shot taken.

Now it’s up to a judge or jury to decide if Bob is guilty. As of right now the laws of this country say he is not. Remember innocent until proven guilty.
Impeach

Gloucester, MA

#229 Sep 4, 2009
2badcrew wrote:
<quoted text>
What grade are you in 1st? If no crime existed Bob never would hav ehad his mug shot taken.
Now it’s up to a judge or jury to decide if Bob is guilty. As of right now the laws of this country say he is not. Remember innocent until proven guilty.
He's guilty. I know, I saw it as it was unfolding.

He's a first class piece of $hit
cheater

Boston, MA

#230 Sep 4, 2009
2badcrew wrote:
<quoted text>
He admits to cheating on his wife for a year.
He failed to tell the whole truth when listing his phone numbers on May 5th, omitting at least one other home phone number.

The intimate relations with a woman who was not his wife should be held by the public as a worse moral failure than many of the other allegations.

Then he claims on public TV that the press "harassed" his wife simply because they knocked on his home door while exercising their 1st amendment rights to be journalists.

Convicted or not, criminal or not, do not call the man "innocent". That's a Crnician stretch at best.

Check Urban Dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
Fed Up

Gales Ferry, CT

#231 Sep 4, 2009
What about Catherine wrote:
<quoted text>What about Catherine. No news reports about her view of a cheating husband. She is also a "victim". If a man cheats on his wife, how can you trust him for anything else.
YEAH...What about Catherine??
She is a great,warm & generous person!!!
She & her children are all victims.
Catherine, keep your spirits up, you will get past all this bologna.
You are in my heart & prayers!!!!!!!!!!
2badcrew

Seymour, CT

#233 Sep 4, 2009
cheater wrote:
<quoted text>He admits to cheating on his wife for a year.
He failed to tell the whole truth when listing his phone numbers on May 5th, omitting at least one other home phone number.
The intimate relations with a woman who was not his wife should be held by the public as a worse moral failure than many of the other allegations.
Then he claims on public TV that the press "harassed" his wife simply because they knocked on his home door while exercising their 1st amendment rights to be journalists.
Convicted or not, criminal or not, do not call the man "innocent". That's a Crnician stretch at best.
Check Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
I have to say he is innocent, if I were to say he is guilty, I could never get picked as a juror.

My main response was to the delusional poster that said no crime was committed. This poster must also think it's okay to run red traffic signals, drive drunk, and so on.
But in light of the overwhelming evidence, in this country this scum bag is innocent until he sits at the defense table with his tail between his legs and listens to witness after witness dispute his claims and I get to go back in the jury room and convince 11 other people that this man is a cheater, a liar, and accord to the state statue that he is charged with is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt.
Anyone that thinks Bob is innocent must have celebrated with OJ Simpson trial one.
Speaking of which, the civil case from this will be an easy victory for the plaintiff.
More Native Trash

Bethel, CT

#234 Sep 4, 2009
Keep pumping, Bobby. You're innocent because you are trash, and trash don't know no better.
Car54

New Britain, CT

#242 Sep 5, 2009
TOM PETERS SR wrote:
<quoted text>I say one more time it's a pacifier warrant. Makes it look like everyone is doing their job on a bull**** complaint.
For some reason I get the feeling you were an expert on looking like you were doing your job.
Santa Claus

United States

#243 Oct 11, 2011
Bethel Democrats wrote:
Thank you, Santa Claus.
Thank you, Bethel Democrats. And to all, a good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sandy Hook Father Lenny Pozner/Leonard Pozner H... Wed Bill Hicks 1
News Maker of AR-15 used at Sandy Hook wants marketi... Tue Israel Did 911 1
News Parking passes on sale for Ridgefield Fourth of... Tue Will 1
News Watch: Bethel Fire Department Launches Video Ca... Jun 21 Mee 2
News Danbury Hospital Launches Outpatient Palliative... Jun 20 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Bill Would Raise Penalties For Careless Drivers... Jun 16 ffctguitar 3
News Barack Obama to go to Orlando to pay respects t... Jun 15 RalphB 10

Bethel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethel Mortgages