???
Nobody

Elkview, WV

#2 Jul 25, 2012
Nobody we've never really had a real one yet
Now

Nerinx, KY

#3 Jul 25, 2012
At this time it is Miss Melanie Stevens or Gross. I don't know which last name she uses. She has a monumental task in front of her trying to get the system straightened out and back on the right track.
Nobody

Elkview, WV

#4 Jul 25, 2012
She a joke
Bowttyme

Rockholds, KY

#5 Jul 25, 2012
Is she temporary? Are they hiring one soon?
New blood

Ardsley, NY

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Hope they hire somebody outside the county so we won't have all this buddy thing that goes on in the school
joke

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jul 26, 2012
she recently had drivers licenses taken for the students that had missed or tardy too many days or made bad grades. When they went before the judge, supposedly to make it legal, the woman that was supposed to appear, I think Teresa Watts, did not appear so the judge gave them all back their license. I am hearing that Teresa is a pal of Melanies so I am assuming she told her not to appear. So I am losing faith in her that she has the grit in her to get the unpopular things done. If there is a rule that you lose your license to drive if you make bad grades or miss too much school then it should be upheld no matter what. So no we do not need a pu@@y in as super. We need someone hardcore that will uphold the rules. I am waiting now to see if the dress code is upheld. Yes I realize there is a committee that is supposed to uphold the dress code but I am also sure that their orders come from on the hill. It is no wonder a good part of our kids are turning to drugs because they have no structure at home & have none at school either. They do what they want.
Truth

Ardsley, NY

#8 Jul 26, 2012
She's going to take of her friends
resident

United States

#9 Jul 26, 2012
joke wrote:
she recently had drivers licenses taken for the students that had missed or tardy too many days or made bad grades. When they went before the judge, supposedly to make it legal, the woman that was supposed to appear, I think Teresa Watts, did not appear so the judge gave them all back their license. I am hearing that Teresa is a pal of Melanies so I am assuming she told her not to appear. So I am losing faith in her that she has the grit in her to get the unpopular things done. If there is a rule that you lose your license to drive if you make bad grades or miss too much school then it should be upheld no matter what. So no we do not need a pu@@y in as super. We need someone hardcore that will uphold the rules. I am waiting now to see if the dress code is upheld. Yes I realize there is a committee that is supposed to uphold the dress code but I am also sure that their orders come from on the hill. It is no wonder a good part of our kids are turning to drugs because they have no structure at home & have none at school either. They do what they want.

They aren't pals.
Wonder

United States

#10 Jul 26, 2012
what she is going to do about some of those high priced secretaries. There is one there that is making more than a teacher that has a Rank 1. The secretary barely finished high school.
change

Williston, SC

#11 Jul 27, 2012
She's not going to do nothing about it
no books

Georgetown, KY

#12 Jul 27, 2012
already I see horrible waste going on. Why the crap did new landscaping need to be done when what we had was just fine. And all students do not even have books. Where is justice in doing that? Had it been necessary I would not open my mouth but BHS looked just fine as it was. And if the school system had plenty money then do what you want. But do not waste our taxpayers dollars on crappy jobs that are not necessary when our students should come first by having a book for each class. Thats just ridiculous. This really really angers me. BOOKS SHOULD COME FIRST OVER A FRIGGIN FLOWER.
robber

Richmond, KY

#13 Jul 27, 2012
I like flowers but I do get highly peeoed when the students cant do homework because they have no books...there isn't even enough books at bhs to go around in class, let alone bring home....I could help mine a lot if he could bring the books home..but...no. it's in class and fail!!! I also am waiting to see if the tits and asses are hanging out so many more teachers can be ruined because of the hot tailed girls and their law suits!! such a mess and only in breathitt county!!!
no books wrote:
already I see horrible waste going on. Why the crap did new landscaping need to be done when what we had was just fine. And all students do not even have books. Where is justice in doing that? Had it been necessary I would not open my mouth but BHS looked just fine as it was. And if the school system had plenty money then do what you want. But do not waste our taxpayers dollars on crappy jobs that are not necessary when our students should come first by having a book for each class. Thats just ridiculous. This really really angers me. BOOKS SHOULD COME FIRST OVER A FRIGGIN FLOWER.
flowers

Williston, SC

#14 Jul 27, 2012
Super Mel making the school's pretty she's a joke
What

United States

#15 Aug 1, 2012
Lol people voted down the dress code, I'd rather come in with my #%^*hanging out that ware clothes that are forced upon me anyway xD
who

Louisa, KY

#16 Aug 7, 2012
Is she the superintendent for this year or will there be a vote later for a superintendent?
Who

Smiths Grove, KY

#17 Aug 7, 2012
is it
IN THE KNOW

Georgetown, KY

#18 Aug 7, 2012
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't pals.
do not kid yourself. They are pals and she is the supers snitch to keep her informed on all happenings is what I was told
HURRAY FOR MELANIE

Georgetown, KY

#19 Aug 9, 2012
I just want to take the time to say that this lady has my support to stay superintendent for as long as she wants it. From all I know that she is doing then she is what we have been needing all along. She is putting all workers to work. She is stern and firm with the students. She is watching all those that have been doing wrong for so long. She is going to drug test. She is making the students dress decent and caps gone and so are facial earrings(site base may have helped with this one but I bet it was at her coaching). It has been a long time coming but I can say with all my heart that this lady is going to be a great superintendent. She may not be popular with everyone but if you do your job & follow the rules you have no fears. And as long as the students follow the rules and come to school & study they have no fears. Hurray for Breathitt Co Schools and welcome Melanie Stevens!!! I am your biggest cheerleader. Keep up the good work.
Truth

Oak Lawn, IL

#20 Aug 9, 2012
Yeah place her friends in jobs hireing her family yep she's doing a great job and u kissing up to her what are u wanting or all ready got

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitely kats 24 min Must be a new web... 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Republican 787
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr CCR 165,568
Ricky clemons super rat 2 hr Silly 15
Nosey fb people 4 hr Budlight 1
Savannah Land 4 hr doodle 6
Dr. Merced (Aug '13) 5 hr getalife 16

Bethany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bethany Mortgages