Plea in fatal Naugatuck beating over T-shirt

A 44-year-old Naugatuck man has accepted a plea deal in the beating death of another man who was wearing a T-shirt of a rival motorcycle gang. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
GetYourMindRight

Berlin, CT

#1 Dec 3, 2008
This sort of thing gives ALL motorcycle enthusiasts a bad name. Hope the judge and prison guards ride.
CT Lifer

United States

#2 Dec 3, 2008
Six years for a killing? Excuse me, but is the justice system on crack these days? I understand plea deals can allow us to escape the costs of a full trial, but the article says this guy admitted to killing this guy over a T shirt. And it then leads the reader to believe the body was dumped in a river, which shows a cover up and no remorse. Re-neg on the plea deal. Hell, the rest of the world re-negs on contracts and stuff all the time, why doesn't the court re-neg on this deal and give this scumbag 50 yrs behind bars? Who's going to care? What do you think, the other members of the biker gangs will get wise to the fact you broke a deal and then never fess up to a crime? Doubt it, I don't think they read the newspapers.

But if Mr. Sjaastad is reading this, let me say you are one brainless idiot. You killed another guy over a T-shirt? What an a-hole you must be. And all because of it having a rivals name? Where the heck do you think you live on the 5th grade playground? Do you kill people wearing Yankee or Mets attire? Man, I hope the prison rats skin you alive you sorry sack of waste.
The Al Sharpton Show

Marlborough, CT

#3 Dec 3, 2008
GetYourMindRight wrote:
This sort of thing gives ALL motorcycle enthusiasts a bad name. Hope the judge and prison guards ride.
6 years for a senseless murder. The "Judge" must not only ride, he must be a member of the Outlaws.

Since: Mar 08

Old Lyme, CT

#4 Dec 3, 2008
It doesn't matter if it's a club or a gang, if you're in one they all have their rules, regulations & bylaws that must be followed.

Not condoning what Michael Sjaastad did but if Eric Anderson took the T-shirt off or just left the bar he'd be probably alive today.
Eddie

Newington, CT

#5 Dec 3, 2008
6 Years for Murder !
Why don't we just get Bush to pardon him.
Old car guy... after he took off the T shirt, maybe they could have validated his parking...
Get real.
Being soft on these types is not the way to go.
He beat someone to death !
They are laughing at this slap on the wrist.
Hopefully justice will be served in another way.
Cam

United States

#6 Dec 3, 2008
Old car guy.....are you kidding me?!? You're an idiot

6 years is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully he gets whats coming inside the pen.
Not right

Thompson, CT

#7 Dec 3, 2008
At first I thought by the title of the story that one guy killed the other fighting over a t-shirt. They really should head their stories better!!

This is gang warfare! Still does not make the crime any less worse!! I dont know why judges are being so lenient!!
WTF

Bridgeport, CT

#8 Dec 3, 2008
The judge should set aside the plea and impose his own sentence of at least 25 years! 6 years is ridiculous. Pleading to manslaughter for out right murder? The DA must be afraid of the Outlaws or something. Fry this guy!!!
JrJr

Rocky Hill, CT

#9 Dec 3, 2008
Neither the murderer, nor the victim were a member of either club. So the fact that this happened at all makes them both morons.

Wannabes are so sad!
Old Timer

Wilton, CT

#10 Dec 3, 2008
Good for him! At least he was a MAN and didn't need to use a weapon. Too bad more kids aren't beat to death instead of shot to death.
FRMRVALLEYITE

United States

#11 Dec 3, 2008
Either way all these so called men who wear colors and play war riding motorcycles need to GROW UP. That's a good bar and great owners...sad they had to suffer because of little loser boys in leather.

“YAR!!”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 3, 2008
Cam wrote:
Old car guy.....are you kidding me?!? You're an idiot
6 years is absolutely ridiculous. Hopefully he gets whats coming inside the pen.
I think the point of his post was if the victim had simply diffused the situation by removing himself from it he'd still be alive. I'm willing to bet that the victim didn't just stand there and take it - he instigated and fought back as well, ya know?

“YAR!!”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 3, 2008
Old Timer wrote:
Good for him! At least he was a MAN and didn't need to use a weapon. Too bad more kids aren't beat to death instead of shot to death.
I don't get this. Whether you're beat to death or shot to death you're still DEAD. Does it matter how? Is a murder any better or worse?
JrJr

Rocky Hill, CT

#14 Dec 3, 2008
FRMRVALLEYITE wrote:
Either way all these so called men who wear colors and play war riding motorcycles need to GROW UP. That's a good bar and great owners...sad they had to suffer because of little loser boys in leather.
Yeah it's a nice bar, if you're an Outlaw or an Outlaw wannabe.
Jesus Christ

Carver, MA

#15 Dec 3, 2008
Anon56 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point of his post was if the victim had simply diffused the situation by removing himself from it he'd still be alive. I'm willing to bet that the victim didn't just stand there and take it - he instigated and fought back as well, ya know?
My Father is supposed to be everywhere, not you! Must you stick your worthless opinion onto every post?

“YAR!!”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 3, 2008
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
My Father is supposed to be everywhere, not you! Must you stick your worthless opinion onto every post?
Yes.

“Welcome Spring!”

Since: Apr 08

Waterford, CT

#17 Dec 3, 2008
In a case like this, there should be no plea deals. The scum should be charged with murder, and given death if found guilty.

The bleeding hearts have really f*cked this state up.

“Welcome Spring!”

Since: Apr 08

Waterford, CT

#18 Dec 3, 2008
The Al Sharpton Show wrote:
<quoted text>
6 years for a senseless murder. The "Judge" must not only ride, he must be a member of the Outlaws.
Nah, the judge was probably just a bleeding heart liberal who's afraid to serve justice when it's due. That's why I think it's time to fire them, and hire some judges who are not afraid to serve it!
leemeriden

United States

#19 Dec 3, 2008
This guy is going away for 6 years i just don`t get it when you kill someone it`s murder plain and simple.there should be no plea bargain. he should be punished not pampered.
it is me and i am he

Wendell, MA

#20 Dec 4, 2008
well, aren't you the pot calling the kettle black? this guy made an intelligent statement. unlike yours. you should honor it but then again, any idiot that goes around calling himself jesus christ can not be much as far as intelligent or even honorable for that matter. go back into your stupid dark little cave and play with bugs. leave decent people alone because you are obviously one of those has-beens that never was liked very much so you have to pick apart everyone elses faults. your comments mean very little as does your bodily presence so even a witty reply to this post would be futile!!!!
Jesus Christ wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) 21 hr Ric lick 16
What is Prospect like? Apr 7 Rae 1
News MySpace In Sex Assault Probe (Feb '06) Apr 1 spen 424
News Obituary: John M. Moffat Sr. Mar 26 Barbara Holycross 1
News State Police Searching For Suspect In Bethany B... Mar 25 Anonymous 1
Letter: Proposed plant would hurt people with a... Mar '15 SueJK 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Joseph Crisco as State Senator? (Jun '12) Jul '14 Vincent Bosco 2
More from around the web

Bethany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]