Milford woman charged with sexually a...

Milford woman charged with sexually assaulting 17-year-old

There are 29 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Aug 5, 2009, titled Milford woman charged with sexually assaulting 17-year-old. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

A 40-year-old city woman has been charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old. Jennifer Dunn of 82 Crestwood Road faces a charge of second-degree sexual assault in the incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Common Sense

United States

#23 Aug 5, 2009
Yes- it DID NOT list the gender of the victim. Whether it was with a boy or a girl, the double standard is so evident. If a 40 year old man was the perp, there would be vivid details.... where it happened, play by play descriptions, all to castigate the bad, bad man. It seems that for some reason the police wish to soft peddle this crime. Let's have some equal treatment here!
Bad reporting job

United States

#24 Aug 5, 2009
Wow bad job about of the Post. They didn't even mention that she is a teacher, or her husband (or soon to be ex) is a cop in the town investigating this crime, or any other revelent information.
different crimes

Middletown, CT

#25 Aug 5, 2009
The different here is the charges. This woman is being charged with some type of sexual assault, but the victim is not a minor.
The man who assaulted the 12 yr old was assaulting someone under the age of 16 - an additional level of sexual assault.
It doesn't appear to be a double standard in this instance. They are two totally separate degrees of criminal activity.

United States

#26 Aug 5, 2009
I do believe 16 is the age of consent in CT. She must be a teacher or person of authority (his/her counselor or in a leadership role with the child).

Shelton, CT

#27 Aug 6, 2009
nana62440 wrote:
<quoted text>
The story did not give the gender of the victim.
The article states "Second-degree sexual assault under state law involves intercourse between a person less than 18 years old and another in a position of authority or guardianship, including school employees."

Under that definition, the victim would have to be a male.

Regardless, it is a very sad story. If the Dulin case is any guide, this woman is going to jail. I feel very bad for her husband and kids.

Guilford, CT

#28 Aug 6, 2009
SINNERS ALL ! It's too late to repent ! I'LL BE BACK !
Ben Dover

Guilford, CT

#29 Aug 10, 2009
What a Shame!

Guilford, CT

#30 Aug 10, 2009
I can't believe this
Ben Franklin

Bayonne, NJ

#31 Sep 17, 2009
I wonder why the original article has been stripped from the record and archive too? I can't read it to comment more fully - somethings up with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Future of Oxford post office unclear (Nov '15) Mar 12 FHAYNES 4
Seymour Police --need to be investigated (Dec '06) Mar 12 Angel Baby 47
News Obama's Appeasement Fails With Russia, Iran (Dec '11) Mar 9 Spirit of King Ge... 86
News Anna Andrettta and David Papcin of Ansonia and ... Feb 26 America Gentleman... 1
Aloysius Royal and Life Church (Mar '17) Mar '17 Anon 1
old pool club on rt 63 (Mar '11) Apr '16 mastroro1 8
Local Politics Do you approve of Rosa Rebimbas as State Repres... (Jun '12) May '15 Naugatuck 4

Bethany Jobs

Personal Finance

Bethany Mortgages