Milford woman charged with sexually a...

Milford woman charged with sexually assaulting 17-year-old

There are 29 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Aug 5, 2009, titled Milford woman charged with sexually assaulting 17-year-old. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

A 40-year-old city woman has been charged with sexually assaulting a 17-year-old. Jennifer Dunn of 82 Crestwood Road faces a charge of second-degree sexual assault in the incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bpt PD

Peekskill, NY

#1 Aug 5, 2009
this is an outrage! What do you mean the person that sexually assaults someone is the criminal, everyone knows its the victim to blame!oh, wait, this stoy is out of Milford.... those cops are honest....sorry, my mistake!
BPT

United States

#2 Aug 5, 2009
$10,000 bond the double standard continues. if this was a man the bond would be higher and the bashing of society will be worse. watch some posters will say the boy got lucky. but assault is assault no matter what the gender is.
AVA

Lyman, SC

#3 Aug 5, 2009
BPT wrote:
$10,000 bond the double standard continues. if this was a man the bond would be higher and the bashing of society will be worse. watch some posters will say the boy got lucky. but assault is assault no matter what the gender is.
I was thinking the same thing.There should not be a difference for a women.If you commit a crime the bonds and sentences should be the same. Women fought hard for equal rights so the female offenders should be treated equal. Yes men are going to say that should have been me when I was 17 but in reality we have no idea of the circumstances.

“Registered & Dangerous”

Since: Jan 09

Milford, CT

#4 Aug 5, 2009
BPT wrote:
I saw your comment on the other post about the man assaulting a twelve year old.

I think the difference in bond is as a result of the difference in age of the victim. A twelve year old is much more naive about sex than a seventeen year old guy. This seems to be more of a statutory case than a taking advantage of case like the twelve year old case(if that makes sense).

It may be a double standard but in these two specific situations I feel the twelve year old was significantly more victimized than the seventeen year old.

I mean honestly, what seventeen year old doesn't know what he's doing? Sounds like mom & dad found out to me ...
who knows

Brooklyn, CT

#6 Aug 5, 2009
I wonder if it was even a guy???
wun hung low

Poughkeepsie, NY

#8 Aug 5, 2009
You have equal rights so you should have equal punishment. I'm sick of this double standard. You want equal pay so do equal work. The service is another joke in this area (get pregnant to avoid duties and it is accepted however if the opposite sex shoots himself to avoid duties he gets court martial.
nana62440

Old Saybrook, CT

#9 Aug 5, 2009
BPT wrote:
The story did not give the gender of the victim.
BPT

United States

#10 Aug 5, 2009
YESSS wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw your comment on the other post about the man assaulting a twelve year old.
I think the difference in bond is as a result of the difference in age of the victim. A twelve year old is much more naive about sex than a seventeen year old guy. This seems to be more of a statutory case than a taking advantage of case like the twelve year old case(if that makes sense).
It may be a double standard but in these two specific situations I feel the twelve year old was significantly more victimized than the seventeen year old.
I mean honestly, what seventeen year old doesn't know what he's doing? Sounds like mom & dad found out to me ...
she is chared with second degree, he with forth degree, i agree with your comments however the differance is out of proportion.
nana62440

Old Saybrook, CT

#11 Aug 5, 2009
who knows wrote:
I wonder if it was even a guy???
Exactly! I read the story twice and it does NOT give the gender of the victim. Why do people automatically assume that all who are sexually assaulted by a female have to be male?
AVA

Lyman, SC

#12 Aug 5, 2009
nana62440 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! I read the story twice and it does NOT give the gender of the victim. Why do people automatically assume that all who are sexually assaulted by a female have to be male?
True does anyone have any other info?
deb

Norwalk, CT

#13 Aug 5, 2009
sick what is wrong with people.......
i dont know

Bronx, NY

#14 Aug 5, 2009
"Sexually assaulting" could mean having sex with. Because it was a minor it's considered sexually assualting
AVA

Lyman, SC

#15 Aug 5, 2009
No morals or fear of long incarcerations,
BPT

United States

#16 Aug 5, 2009
nana62440 wrote:
<quoted text>
The story did not give the gender of the victim.
does it really matter. she has been charged with second degree sexual assault. and i know innocent until proven guilty.....blah blah blah
BPT

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2009
the point i was trying to make is when a woman is charged with a sexual crime it is viewed differantly by the courts because of the lower bonds and punishments after the trial. WHY? it is a crime.
Harry Wang

Newington, CT

#18 Aug 5, 2009
I am getting a chubber thinking of this
Joe Ganim

Cheshire, CT

#19 Aug 5, 2009
I'm available
Joe Ganim

Cheshire, CT

#20 Aug 5, 2009
Tush wrote:
She like young co ck !!
Me Too!!!!!!since I am in jail
Mike

Trumbull, CT

#21 Aug 5, 2009
i dont know wrote:
"Sexually assaulting" could mean having sex with. Because it was a minor it's considered sexually assualting
16 is the age of consent.

“Registered & Dangerous”

Since: Jan 09

Milford, CT

#22 Aug 5, 2009
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>she is chared with second degree, he with forth degree, i agree with your comments however the differance is out of proportion.
It may also be based on circumstance.

Although she was charged with a greater degree, we do not know what went on between the individual and her.

It seems to me that the twelve year old was forced upon. That detail (at least to me) makes a difference. The twelve year old's attacker is more dangerous therefore, higher bond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bethany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheshire's 90th District Race Aug 27 raypalermo 1
Review: Video Temptations (Apr '14) Aug 20 37male 55
News Cheshire Official In Scuffle After DUI Arrest (Mar '10) Aug 11 Motley77 52
Sign for Weedfest Aug 5 Lulu 3
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 5 Lulu 2
News Clearview Withdraws Application Jul '16 Lulu 1
clearview development Jul '16 Lulu 2

Bethany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance