Resisting arrest charges dropped in nearly half of cases

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Tens of thousands of people are charged each year with resisting arrest in North Carolina, though the misdemeanor is dismissed in almost half of the cases, according to state records.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6

Since: Mar 07

Boiling Springs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

This is just another bs law that officers use to try and make their case look stronger in court,and just another one of the many that doesen`t get admistered fairly.Its who you know and who you blow.The justice system in N.C. is a Joke.

Since: Apr 07

Nebo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2007

Doesn't sound like the District Attorney's are very good at representing the Officers. Do they not care that a suspect is giving the Officer's a hard time?
Sarah R

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

All a person has to do is when a cop grabs them by the arm or something is to move and that is resisting arrest. Nothing but a smokescreen. For those who really resist, usually assault on officer is filed also. These are not dropped as easily.
SIG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2007

Just poof that civilians do not have a clue.
Johnny

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2012

OldeManHarris wrote:
Doesn't sound like the District Attorney's are very good at representing the Officers. Do they not care that a suspect is giving the Officer's a hard time?
I have one of these charges against me righy now because I had a concussion after I hit a tree with my motorcycle and was basically rambling incoherrently.

This particalar charge is keeping me from employment. Im the sole bread winner in my family and normally make around 100k a year. Im now on the esge of becoming homeless because of such a baseless charge.

This is the reason why these charges are dropped. Because the vast majority of them are B.S.
DA Moe Ronnie Moore-On

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

We love the cyberstawking charge annyone can be arested for it because everone go on the innernets our convicton rates hear in Bunckum is 16 % but that far better than the state wide rate of 14 % and for ever arest made we seeze there DNA and store it in hunnerds of litle numbered viles in the frigalater with our cocaine stash, Miller Lite, and reeding materal from Blew Line becuz we no that a skin who wud cyberstawk woud aslo be a ceral rappist and parbably a ceral killer to.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bethania Discussions

Search the Bethania Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 8 hr State of Florida 54,893
Racism (May '09) Jun '14 Jimmy 7
Review: Dance Unveiled (May '13) Apr '14 cainlee brewer 3
Loyal White Knights KKK Fliers found in MY Driv... (Jun '13) Apr '14 Bobby 10
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Mar '14 Christine Colucci 82
Debate: Gay Marriage - King, NC (Feb '12) Mar '14 pat j 16
does anyone know Robert L. Pickett, JR. (Aug '08) Feb '14 curious 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bethania Jobs

•••