Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Carolina in 2010?

Posted in the Bethania Forum

Comments (Page 1,629)

Showing posts 32,561 - 32,580 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

TSF wrote:
Obama, Sept 12
" No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done."
Sept. 12: After his Rose Garden speech, Obama tapes an interview for “60 Minutes.” Obama says he didn’t use the word “terrorism” in his Rose Garden speech because “it’s too early to know exactly how this came about.” Steve Kroft, the show’s host, wonders how the attack could be described as a “mob action” since the attackers were “very heavily armed.” Obama says “we’re still investigating,” but he suspects “folks involved in this ... were looking to target Americans from the start.”

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

The coming change of Texas to a blue state was predicted...by me! In a post before the election.However, that won't happen by 2016! The party in power traditionally loses seats in the off year elections, however.Ironically, this could work in the democrats favor in 2016, as the democrat candidate will then blame"gridlock", causing a backlash against the party that controls both houses.Ain't politics fun?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

McCain is beginning to look better than Bush ever did.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

TSF wrote:
So why did Obama credit this deed to terrorist the very next morning? The entire brahooha to blame Americans (and side with the terrorist against America) was fabicated by republikans to cover their asses for the funds cuts.
<quoted text>
I looked up what is considered an act of terrorism and he could have called just about anything event an act of terrorism technically:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/act+of+terro...

http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa1...

TSF, the Republicans didn't meander into the Rose Garden and give the speech, Obama did. He didn't have the facts straight, nor did Hillary and they ended up with egg on their face. He and Hillary were still apologizing for a stupid you tube video by an American two weeks after the fact. You're still dodging the fact that Ms. Lamb clearly stated funding was there for the consulate in Benghazi, although funding across the board had been cut. It doesn't matter if the Republicans cut funding, that was a non-issue in this case, she didn't give them the money they needed and it was there. Who cut funding would have been an issue if Ms. Lamb didn't have funds, but she did, but chose to withhold them. Republicans didn't make up her words at the senate hearing, she owned it, they didn't make up Susan Rice's lies, Hillary's or Obama's. For God's sake, their words can even be found on videos on mainstream media, which is not exactly a Republican bastion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

If you would like a "religious" opinion for maturity this might be one to look at:
"15. And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months.[He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims." 16. Those are the ones from whom We will accept the best of what they did and overlook their misdeeds,[their being] among the companions of Paradise.[That is] the promise of truth which they had been promised." (Quran, 46: 15-16)

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2010-12-brain-fully-matu...

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you have proved me right and you wrong. He didn't blame it on terrorist as you claimed, he blamed it on an act of terror as I claimed.
You must listen in order to hear, grasshopper.
Is it unreasonable to blame an act of terror on a.....terrorist?
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Is it unreasonable to blame an act of terror on a.....terrorist?
Buz-zing-ga! Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Arnold based off the definitions of act of terrorism I posted, all of us that talked about having the fear of God put upon us by spanking would make our parents terrorists. I don't think any of us were raised by terrorists. One of the meanings was "causing fear." I can tell you one thing, when my mom got out the old double dogwooder, she must have been on the FBI and Interpols's list of known or wanted terrorists cause there was serious fear placed on me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

waco1909 wrote:
Woops, I meant Waco. Arnold's ears might be burning right now!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Buz-zing-ga! Thank you.
Look at the list I provided. "Instilling fear", as I just posted to Waco, our parents must have been terrorists because by all our accounts, indeed they did such.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Allen wrote:
<quoted text>And yes this is a dumb answer. I have to pull out the "bull shit flag". You are such a hypocrite. Just because a child is under your roof, under your care, under your thumb, does not mean their right to express thoughts and opinions on any subject should be revolked. Our childrens opinion should be valued. It is they who are to inherit this country. It is they who will be our future leaders.

In a home where both parents work or in a single parent home, home schooling is not an option. Not all can afford private schools.
When they are no longer in your household, sure.

Your kids are not your friends or peers. They not equals. They are your kids. Till they are out of your home, fending for themselves i.e. paying their own bills etc etc etc, they are not entitled to any sort of freedom of expression or liberties.

He who has the money makes the rules. Why do you think your teammates are stealing it(through taxation) from those who can manage their wealth and giving it away to those who can't?

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Bacon,IMHO, lawyers have ruined this country.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Woops, I meant Waco. Arnold's ears might be burning right now!!
Bacon.You're getting me and Arnold confused? He's far more liberal than I am!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Remember folks.Wal-mart now sells a good amount of"made in America"goods.Buy American, you will rediscover quality.just last week,I was attacked in my backyard by a 900 pound wild boar.It was as big as Chris Christie! Fortunately, I was able to defend myself with my"made in America"mop, which I was able to dispatch the foul-tempered creature with! Afterward,I was still able to do a great job of mopping my floor! Buy American!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

My mom beat me with a belt for thirty minutes one time.Finally, I was able to break free and run screaming down the street.I never should have told her that I voted for Reagan.....

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Can't stay on topic ALL the time.So, who do y'all support for senator in North Carolina in 2010?
TSF

Dunn, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Ok , lets see if we can figure this mystery out. Who commits acts of terrorism? Duh!! That would be terrorist. OK pro , here is test question #1.. So if it was an act of terrorism, into what group would the perps be classified ? I guess Obama did make the mistake of assumig that he was speakng to intelligent persons rather than idiots.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>So you have proved me right and you wrong. He didn't blame it on terrorist as you claimed, he blamed it on an act of terror as I claimed.
You must listen in order to hear, grasshopper.
Allen

Penrose, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold based off the definitions of act of terrorism I posted, all of us that talked about having the fear of God put upon us by spanking would make our parents terrorists. I don't think any of us were raised by terrorists. One of the meanings was "causing fear." I can tell you one thing, when my mom got out the old double dogwooder, she must have been on the FBI and Interpols's list of known or wanted terrorists cause there was serious fear placed on me.
Bacon that's funny. I got my ass busted when I got out of line but at the same time I knew what I had coming. Is an act of terror not one where there involves some element of suprise? The terror of it all is that you have no warning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
When they are no longer in your household, sure.
Your kids are not your friends or peers. They not equals. They are your kids. Till they are out of your home, fending for themselves i.e. paying their own bills etc etc etc, they are not entitled to any sort of freedom of expression or liberties.
He who has the money makes the rules. Why do you think your teammates are stealing it(through taxation) from those who can manage their wealth and giving it away to those who can't?
So, in your view, Your own children are denied freedom of speech and cannot express an opinion that is different than yours? Their indiviuality is never encouraged? If they do express a different view, do you send them to the tundra region of your house, demand slave labor and food deprivation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your view, Your own children are denied freedom of speech and cannot express an opinion that is different than yours? Their indiviuality is never encouraged? If they do express a different view, do you send them to the tundra region of your house, demand slave labor and food deprivation?
Reminds me the "Cinderella" tale.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,561 - 32,580 of54,810
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bethania Discussions

Search the Bethania Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Racism (May '09) Jun '14 Jimmy 7
Review: Dance Unveiled (May '13) Apr '14 cainlee brewer 3
Loyal White Knights KKK Fliers found in MY Driv... (Jun '13) Apr '14 Bobby 10
charlie lawson (Aug '07) Mar '14 Christine Colucci 82
Debate: Gay Marriage - King, NC (Feb '12) Mar '14 pat j 16
does anyone know Robert L. Pickett, JR. (Aug '08) Feb '14 curious 10
Review: Muddy Creek Cafe The (Dec '12) Apr '13 Alex 4
•••
•••