Tax evader from Bucks freed after 2 y...

Tax evader from Bucks freed after 2 years in prison

There are 32 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Tax evader from Bucks freed after 2 years in prison. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Arthur Farnsworth walked away from a federal prison on Wednesday, putting a 741-day prison stay behind him just in time for the federal tax return deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
juggalotus1264

Allentown, PA

#1 Apr 16, 2009
it truly is about time. this is the way to change things in america, not with some lame tea party demonstration.
Easily Amused

Northampton, PA

#2 Apr 16, 2009
This idiot serving 2 years in prison will change something? Income taxes gonna be repealed? Get serious. Tell this loser to pay his fair-share like everyone else
Easily Amused

Northampton, PA

#3 Apr 16, 2009
And by the way... Article 1, Section 8 of the constitution, along with the 16th amendment give congress the right to collect taxes. Not agreeing with a law is not the same as there not bing one.
Easily Amused

Northampton, PA

#4 Apr 16, 2009
being
juggalotus1264

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 16, 2009
if it was a law why is there documented cases where the irs has lost cases against others for this exact same thing? I never said they cant collect taxes, but taxing ppl for the money they earn by working is unconstitutional in and of itself.
CCR

Allentown, PA

#6 Apr 16, 2009
Easily Amused wrote:
And by the way... Article 1, Section 8 of the constitution, along with the 16th amendment give congress the right to collect taxes. Not agreeing with a law is not the same as there not bing one.
I think you better keep bending over with the attitude you have,
Sounds to me that you love it.
No_Sense

North Andover, MA

#7 Apr 16, 2009
juggalotus1264 wrote:
if it was a law why is there documented cases where the irs has lost cases against others for this exact same thing? I never said they cant collect taxes, but taxing ppl for the money they earn by working is unconstitutional in and of itself.
Well, the IRS didn't lose this one... How'd that happen?
Professor Chaos

United States

#8 Apr 16, 2009
He kept $80k and came out of prison in better shape than when he went in? Instead of working at a job he got to work out 5 days a week, while we as taxpayers footed his room and board?

Hmmmmmm.
juggalotus1264

Allentown, PA

#9 Apr 16, 2009
No_Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the IRS didn't lose this one... How'd that happen?
could be that maybe he didnt have a good enough lawyer.
Huh

Blairstown, NJ

#10 Apr 16, 2009
juggalotus1264 wrote:
Which cases did they lose where the court said they couldn't tax people for the money they earn by working?
I don't recall any. I know that some people have won their CRIMINAL cases regarding their failure to file but I still don't know of any that won their CIVIL cases against the IRS regarding not having to pay taxes.
Its all here

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Apr 16, 2009
Not tax advice but if you want to know the truth about the tax go read Cracking the Code by Peter Hendrickson. First read these. http://www.losthorizons.com/Newsletter/Nutshe...
http://www.losthorizons.com/Newsletter/altCtC...
The 16th amendment was only added to close a loophole in the case of Pollock vs Farmers loan & Trust. It allows the unapportioned taxing of income from whatever source...only problem is the definition of income which when boiled you can find here http://www.losthorizons.com/appendix.htm#Mean... . Wages, employer, and employee are all redefined within the IRC, no one thinks to check the 1400 plus pages of code or 17,000 pages of statutes backing it which is why we're in this mess. The guy who said something about paying your fair share...the tax is misapplied, I pay a fair share of what I owe... that just happens to be nothing until congress starts asking for $$ and apportioning it among the states as the founders intended. Look up the grace commission findings during the reagan administration to see where your money is going. I will summarize it for you. The Grace Commission confirmed the allegation that the income tax revenues go 100% to pay the interest on the national debt and not a single nickel of it goes to the government. Whatever government services we have, they are not being financed by the income tax. By the way, not filing is not the answer and only creates a liability.
Berks_Iraq_Vet

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#12 Apr 16, 2009
Good. I hear Obama is still hiring at Treasury.
USSA

Scranton, PA

#13 Apr 16, 2009
I'm sure NObama has a place for him on his staff along with the other tax evaders.
Its all here

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Apr 16, 2009
I post information that summarizes the constructive fruad that you've been subject to your entire life and the only comments I see in return are on the obama administration. People get what they deserve, mainly because they're too lazy to look into the facts. Keep on paying, congress is more than willing to take your money as long as you let them.
sadness

Slatington, PA

#15 Apr 16, 2009
Unless you are a politician you don't get away with no paying your taxes...............
Its all here

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Apr 16, 2009
sadness wrote:
Unless you are a politician you don't get away with no paying your taxes..........
And again you say this without looking at the facts or doing any research.
Huh

Easton, PA

#17 Apr 16, 2009
How is Hendrickson's case going btw?
Huh

Easton, PA

#18 Apr 16, 2009
If you want real information about these tax scams, go to www.quatloos.com
or search for Dan Evans Tax Protester FAQ
sadness

Slatington, PA

#19 Apr 16, 2009
Could you imagine the impact if all the middle class people wouldn't pay their taxes, and then show up in court ready to serve some time in a country club prison...maybe then the government would have to go to plan B. Treating everyone including their politicians, who have a "Do as I say and not as I do policy". This government and whole US need to start at the top and begin making examples of the crooks in politics, so we the people once again belive in and trust our leaders. This is not in one politicial party it runs rampant in all government. Our government system is not the best it can be, but it is the least of all evils in the world. To me this is sad, here we are the most civil, domesticated goverment in the world, and it looks like a bunch of theives, crooks, and low lives need to weeded out of governmeent positionns...let start there at the top..send a strong message to our president we will no longer tolerate this type of behavior of our government employees and well as all who have been voted into office. When I hear some one in politics dosent pay 34k for 2 years or another who owes 109,000 in back taxes, it makes me want to be sick. I worry how I can pay $800. with out incurring any interest, but somehow I can work it out making $11.00 an hour in a 35 h per week job. It is time for a change in our taxing programs, people in government are so fast to give themselves raises while the general average wage earner has been taking less and less home in their paychecks. And as in some cases have given back monies to try and help companies stay in business. My last raise was only half the cost of living and my medical benifits co pay went up as well as the amount of premiums I pay....so all in all I have taken a 10% decrease in wages, I am living at year 2000 wages in a 2009 economy.......there has been a steady decline over both parties in office.
sadness

Slatington, PA

#20 Apr 16, 2009
Its all here wrote:
<quoted text> And again you say this without looking at the facts or doing any research.
RESEARCH:The head of the IRS owes over 34K for 2 years and the presidents appointee owes over $109 K. do your own research don't expect others to do it for you. Aks your government officials call the irs if you have to,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Real estate investor Equus leaving Center City ... Feb 7 Linda Camac 1
Old Masters Public Golf Course Jan 24 LindaC1953 1
Review: Wagsworth Manor Pet Resort (May '09) Dec '16 ASF 71
News Reminder: Ben Carson Is An Anti-Muslim Conspira... Dec '16 Researcher 7
Review: J Schwartz LLC Constr Mgmt (Mar '09) Nov '16 Roger Furman 7
the old Devon Hotel (May '07) Nov '16 Devon 8
just wonder if she has a ear mike telling her ... Nov '16 vote hillary 1

Berwyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance