Some parents outraged by more restrictive Morton uniform - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

Jun 25, 2008 | Posted by: Jayelem | Full story: www.mysuburbanlife.com

Morton High School District 201 approved its new uniform policy last week, making the code more restrictive than originally planned.

Comments
81 - 100 of 100 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
rico

Fairport, NY

#84 Aug 29, 2009
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying is, blame one group because obviously criminals are only one color. Sounds fair!*rolling eyes* I read your comments and updates so I can read behind the lines.
No, instead let's continue to do it your way and let more of them move in to improve Berwyn.
I wonder if you would be saying that if they were are living around you like a fort.
pug

La Grange, IL

#85 Aug 30, 2009
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you are saying is, blame one group because obviously criminals are only one color. Sounds fair!*rolling eyes* I read your comments and updates so I can read behind the lines.
Sorry, knuckle head, never said anything about COLOR. you did , racism baiter. Reading is a skill.
Criminals are a group that lives by a criminal lifestyle. NOT following laws, Not part of law abiding society. Criminals are in occupations like, robbing, mugging, murder, drug mfg and dealing, fraud etc.
Where in the above is color or race mentioned? Perhaps you are part of the criminal enterprise and were offended.
rico

Chicago, IL

#86 Aug 30, 2009
pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, knuckle head, never said anything about COLOR. you did , racism baiter. Reading is a skill.
Criminals are a group that lives by a criminal lifestyle. NOT following laws, Not part of law abiding society. Criminals are in occupations like, robbing, mugging, murder, drug mfg and dealing, fraud etc.
Where in the above is color or race mentioned? Perhaps you are part of the criminal enterprise and were offended.
You left off they use THE RACE CARD whenever in caught.
Mexican Mike

Bridgeview, IL

#87 Nov 8, 2009
Clearly Rico was ass raped by a mexican fella.
rico

Chicago, IL

#88 Nov 9, 2009
Mexican Mike wrote:
Clearly Rico was ass raped by a mexican fella.
No, Rico just doesn't like laws being broken or changed to benefit one race.
Mexican Mike

Bridgeview, IL

#89 Nov 9, 2009
Believe it or not, I agree with Rico on many things. I like the fact that he isn't afraid to say (or type) the bare truth that others will not because it isn't PC. The problem I do have with you Rico is that more times than not, you just seem like a racist prick instead of someone speaking the plain truth.
When you have a typical "White" neighborhood, and the demographic changes to Hispanic, or Black, does the neighborhood get worse? Yes it does! There I have said it. Am I a racist now? I hope not. I don't believe I am, but I do believe what I see, and what life experience has shown me. Please understand that I, unlike Rico don't let the actions of some dumbass morons change my opinion of a whole race. It just doesn't make any sense to go on and on about how Hispanics, and Blacks ruin neighborhoods and drive crime rates up. How about using some of that energy finding ways to make things better, instead of reiterating your negative opinions on Hispanics and Blacks. As I stated Rico, I agree with you, and it has been said. Now what?
Freedom

Cleveland, OH

#90 Nov 10, 2009
Mexican Mike wrote:
Believe it or not, I agree with Rico on many things. I like the fact that he isn't afraid to say (or type) the bare truth that others will not because it isn't PC. The problem I do have with you Rico is that more times than not, you just seem like a racist prick instead of someone speaking the plain truth.
When you have a typical "White" neighborhood, and the demographic changes to Hispanic, or Black, does the neighborhood get worse? Yes it does! There I have said it. Am I a racist now? I hope not. I don't believe I am, but I do believe what I see, and what life experience has shown me. Please understand that I, unlike Rico don't let the actions of some dumbass morons change my opinion of a whole race. It just doesn't make any sense to go on and on about how Hispanics, and Blacks ruin neighborhoods and drive crime rates up. How about using some of that energy finding ways to make things better, instead of reiterating your negative opinions on Hispanics and Blacks. As I stated Rico, I agree with you, and it has been said. Now what?
I agree with you too. Rico is a Puerto Rican queer that for some reason loves to blame everything on Mexicans. Not blacks, because you rarely hear him talk about them (maybe because Puerto Ricans are half black). Whatever the reason is, its always Mexican this and Mexican that. Even tho the blotter is showing you Blacks and Puerto Ricans are creating the serious violent crimes in Berwyn. And if you read the Tribune and Suntimes they are also creating them throughout Chicago.
rico

Chicago, IL

#91 Nov 10, 2009
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you too. Rico is a Puerto Rican queer that for some reason loves to blame everything on Mexicans. Not blacks, because you rarely hear him talk about them (maybe because Puerto Ricans are half black). Whatever the reason is, its always Mexican this and Mexican that. Even tho the blotter is showing you Blacks and Puerto Ricans are creating the serious violent crimes in Berwyn. And if you read the Tribune and Suntimes they are also creating them throughout Chicago.
That last shooting in Humbolt Park where the Depaul student got shot was done by a Mexican.
I know Humbolt Park is Puerto Ricans but here's a news flash.
Mexicans are moving everywhere!
The mugshot of the gangbanger shows he's Mexican.
And last I heard section 8 is BLACK!
So when I talk section 8.... you figure it out.
Is it safe to say that 90% of the hispanics in Berwyn are Mexican?
It's not every hispanic race all mixed equally living in Berwyn.
The ones crossing the boarder are 99% of them Mexican not from Spain.
pug

La Grange, IL

#93 Nov 11, 2009
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
You support criminal activity? Then you are a criminal and not a law abiding citizen.
Present-Berwynit e

Wilmington, IL

#94 Nov 11, 2009
Mexican Mike wrote:
Great points! That's how I feel too, which is why I rarely visit this board anymore. It really isn't that I'm offended by anything he's saying, it's just that it's so repetitive! He really only has 3 basic things he repeats over and over:

1. Hispanic and black communities tend to have a lot of problems. Yes they do. Crime rates are usually higher and school performance usually lower (often substantially lower) in these communities. These earth shattering facts are easily established by data on the Illinois State Police and Illinois State Board of Education websites.

2. Berwyn isn't the same as it was in 1993. No it isn't. The demographics changed since then from majority white to majority Hispanic, and a lot of the new residents were low income. There are also more black residents in Berwyn than there were back then (not hard since there were virtually none), particularly in the area on Oak Park Ave. between 16th and 22nd.

3. The Hispanic influx into Berwyn led to social problems that didn't exist before (graffiti, loud music, etc.). Wasn't here pre-1993 but I'm sure that's true.

There you have it. It's all true. Congrats. So now what? I'd be curious to know whether he has a solution. If not, why keep repeating this stuff? It isn't doing any good.
rico

Chicago, IL

#95 Nov 11, 2009
Your point 1) I agree
Your point 2) It's Mexican not hispanic.
Your point 3) I agree
My solution is inforce houseing codes and do away with section 8. Then any race that can afford to buy a home following housing codes is welcome.
That means no renting basements,addicts or closets.And no more than one family living in a one family bungalow.
See not racist.
But because this is judgeing and profiling liberals will say it is.
Mexican Mike

Bridgeview, IL

#96 Nov 11, 2009
That means no renting basements,addicts or closets.And no more than one family living in a one family bungalow.
See not racist.
But because this is judgeing and profiling liberals will say it is.

Hmm...Basements, and A-t-t-i-c-s can in fact be legally rented. Great ideas though! Why didn't anyone else think of that?!
rico

Chicago, IL

#97 Nov 11, 2009
Go to Berwyn city hall and and ask them if you can rent a attic or basement.
Mexican Mike

Bridgeview, IL

#98 Nov 12, 2009
Obviously you are thinking of a single family home, in which case of course they can't.
rico

Chicago, IL

#99 Nov 13, 2009
Mexican Mike wrote:
Obviously you are thinking of a single family home, in which case of course they can't.
Bungalows are what Beryn is famous for. Which means there are a lot in Berwyn. Which means there people who have been renting the attics and basements out. Which means over crowding and not enough parking spaces. Which means over flowing trash and that brings the rats. Which then has the neighbors to move and sell to people like the ones they are trying to get away from. Which before you know it's a ghetto.
yaya

Chicago, IL

#100 Sep 28, 2010
to you idiots who thinks they know history. mexicans well some mexicans really want to talk about puerto ricans being half-black act like something is wrong with puerto ricans being mixed? what are you? hmmm? you say native american and spainiard but spainards are actually mixed with black. oh you didnt know know that did you? before spaniards spoke spanish what were they speaking? i highly suggest you to do a lot of research before saying such things.Not all mexicans but some want to be white sooo bad. STOP IT! why don't you just be who you are? and please dont say they dont because I have alot of mexican friends and some of them do wish or think they are pure white? i will still love them and hang around them if they just be their themselves and stop trying to be something that they aren't!
rico

Chicago, IL

#101 Sep 28, 2010
yaya wrote:
to you idiots who thinks they know history. mexicans well some mexicans really want to talk about puerto ricans being half-black act like something is wrong with puerto ricans being mixed? what are you? hmmm? you say native american and spainiard but spainards are actually mixed with black. oh you didnt know know that did you? before spaniards spoke spanish what were they speaking? i highly suggest you to do a lot of research before saying such things.Not all mexicans but some want to be white sooo bad. STOP IT! why don't you just be who you are? and please dont say they dont because I have alot of mexican friends and some of them do wish or think they are pure white? i will still love them and hang around them if they just be their themselves and stop trying to be something that they aren't!
Why does being well mannered and polite have to mean "being white"?
rico

Channahon, IL

#102 Sep 10, 2011
parents!
Fun outdoors

Cicero, IL

#103 Nov 17, 2011
If the Morton Uniforms were restrictive, new laws passed by the city of Berwyn back in May of this year are even more restrictive!

All of Berwyn, from Lombard Avenue to Harlem Avenue, as well as from Roosevelt Road to Pershing Road, has been officially declared an endless Safe School Zone. There is even an adult curfew from like 1 pm to 5 pm every Monday through Friday. They tell all adults to remain indoors and away from windows all over Berwyn during that time span.

Home Avenue between Cermak and Riverside Drive, as well as the student and Plaza parking lots are militarized by armed SWAT teams every school day from 2 pm to 3 pm, and the SWAT teams have been authorized to use deadly force against anyone seen in the area who is not a current JSM student.

Parents are not even allowed to pick up kids from school anymore, because even they would face use of deadly force for trespassing.

Worse still, students are forbidden under Berwyn's new laws to have friends that are not part of one's graduating class.
in favor

United States

#104 Nov 18, 2011
I think all of the school's these days should have restrictive uniforms. From K-12. You see these kids going to school totally disrepecting and shaming themselves and their families by what they choose to wear to school. Some barely have their pants pulled up and others have their outfits hiked up to their backside or allowing it all to hang out. Its sick and it would eliminate a whole lot of issues if every school initiated this policy. As for the cell phones and other electronics they should be checked in at the office or left at home. No child needs all of those things when they are to be in a learning environment. To heck with a city policy, I say make it a statewide law, restrictive uniforms and no electronics permitted in any institution where children are to be learning and not horsing around. As for sports, the boosters should be supplying shoes etc for those things. That's how they did it when I was in school. This business of kids bullying kids in school I think is a result of these things uniforms, no electronics, etc not being enforced. And their networking sites such as Facebook and Myspace should be registered with the local police. That would put a stop to online bullying of these little undisciplined little brats that are no longer allowed to be disciplined anymore in the school setting.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Incognito4Ever 1,100,181
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dale 177,376
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 68,978
The Official Jonas Brother Chat Room!!!! (Oct '08) 21 min Madison Taylor Ho... 744
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 min TRD 68,369
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 47 min Preacher 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 56 min BoDidHe 49,477
•••
•••
•••

Berwyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berwyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Berwyn News, Events & Info