Some parents outraged by more restric...

Some parents outraged by more restrictive Morton uniform - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

There are 100 comments on the www.mysuburbanlife.com story from Jun 25, 2008, titled Some parents outraged by more restrictive Morton uniform - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life. In it, www.mysuburbanlife.com reports that:

Morton High School District 201 approved its new uniform policy last week, making the code more restrictive than originally planned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mysuburbanlife.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Since: Sep 07

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#1 Jun 25, 2008
Ok .... I agree with the parents that they should continue allowing Maroon and Green Polo's but even if they want White Polo's Exclusively , it isn't the end of the world.

I see too many parents complaining about the financial burden , just stop buying your kids cell phones , Expensive video games ,high priced Gym Shoes and all that other crap that doesn't help their education.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#2 Jun 25, 2008
"Two-thirds of students at Morton East and nearly half the students at Morton West receive free or reduced lunches figures the district said are indicative of the number of students who would require financial help in purchasing the uniforms"

Times really have changed .......... Hard to believe so many kids are getting free lunches, sounds like we have alot of people milking the system and this is being paid by Berwyn Tax Dollars.

I bet half of those getting a free lunch can afford it ........ and if you can't just brown bag it .... as in Tortilla w/ Huevos and Chorizo , which by the way tastes pretty damn good.
pug

Berwyn, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2008
If you dont like the new rules send your kids to private highschool
Aztek

Woodridge, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2008
Most definitely! I agree with this change! Parents say that they cannot afford anything but there kids have cell phones, bling bling, nicer cars, PSP's, MP-3's,$120 dollar shoes etc. That is probably the first thing they ask for before registering, for free lunch, fee waivers for everything. I just hope that these uniforms are not free.
rico

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2008
Aztek wrote:
Most definitely! I agree with this change! Parents say that they cannot afford anything but there kids have cell phones, bling bling, nicer cars, PSP's, MP-3's,$120 dollar shoes etc. That is probably the first thing they ask for before registering, for free lunch, fee waivers for everything. I just hope that these uniforms are not free.
Alright who's posing as Aztek?
I agree 100%.
Berwyn Resident City Hall

Franklin, IN

#6 Jun 26, 2008
Also, with so many cars being impounded at $500 a ticket, these kids will need to walk [great exercise] or take the bus.
Aztek

United States

#7 Jun 26, 2008
No one is posing anybody! I just don't like people asking for handouts! I work hard for my money and to go shopping at a grocery store and see people who lie to get free money to purchase food while they fill 4 carts full of junk, it's outrageous!!
rico

United States

#8 Jun 26, 2008
Aztek wrote:
No one is posing anybody! I just don't like people asking for handouts! I work hard for my money and to go shopping at a grocery store and see people who lie to get free money to purchase food while they fill 4 carts full of junk, it's outrageous!!
Wait till Obama gets elected and raises your taxes to give to these people asking for handouts!
Aztek

United States

#9 Jun 26, 2008
I know! I don't why those idiots want him to be President? All he is going to do is let Blacks get everything.
rico

United States

#10 Jun 27, 2008
And Mexicans too.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#11 Jun 27, 2008
rico wrote:
And Mexicans too.
Oh and lets not forget the Puerto Ricans .... they've been getting handouts since 1902 .

Rico ... to attack the largest immigrant group is just too easy.

I have nothing against Boriquas ... just sending Rico a reality check .... he should think before talkin crap about Mexicans , same goes to all other Hispanics who think they're better.
Aztek

United States

#12 Jun 27, 2008
I'm mexican and I don't get handouts. If you are Puerto Rican Rico, you are half black, read your history.
rico

Chicago, IL

#13 Jun 27, 2008
How many drive-bys by ricans this year?
I believe one or two.
freedom

Burbank, IL

#14 Jun 27, 2008
rico wrote:
How many drive-bys by ricans this year?
I believe one or two.
So now he's getting offended when they start talking about Puerto Ricans. You guys are far worse than Mexicans in getting government hand outs.
Aztek

United States

#15 Jun 27, 2008
On the North Side a 17 year old got killed by a fellow officer and he was a Pork Chop, Last name Colon, he probably deserved it since like freedom said they are worst than anyone else.
rico

United States

#16 Jun 28, 2008
But he didn't do a drive-by.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#17 Jun 28, 2008
Aztek wrote:
If you are Puerto Rican Rico, you are half black, read your history.
As true as Mexicans being half Indian , although I bet there are exceptions to that rule in most of Latin America.

Immigration continued to Cuba , Puerto Rico , and Mexico well into the 20th century so there are still many probabilities of having European ancestry also , in fact Cuba had 100,000 Chinese immigrants which made up roughly 1% of the population at one time.

Funny thing is that Luis Miguel was born in Puerto Rico and Considers himself Mexican ......

I Wonder Why ?
...... oh and before someone says thst his parents are Mex , let me inform you that his dad was born in Spain and his mother in Italy.
Aztek

United States

#18 Jun 28, 2008
Thank you for your input, hopefully Rico reads it and lets it sink in. I believe pointing a gun at an Officer is far more worst than a drive-by Rico.
rico

United States

#19 Jun 28, 2008
So pointing a gun at an officer is worse than a innocent kid getting killed cause the gang-banger missed his target. O.k., we are back to normal with Aztek I see.
Aztek

United States

#20 Jun 28, 2008
It's the parents fault that he was outside with no supervision. I see the little kids all of the time by themselves with no adult. If he/she gets shot it's the parents fault, where were they? In our society we can get killed by anything, a car, falling debris, a bullet, knife, etc. The only one to blame is the parents, I never allow my kids outside without my presence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Earl 1,601,328
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min It s Weather Not ... 63,974
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Nannabella 11,311
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 2 hr Leroy 26
He Fights. 2 hr Common Sense 7
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 12 hr They cannot kill ... 1,580
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 12 hr Long Street 23

Berwyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berwyn Mortgages