Comments
261 - 280 of 339 Comments Last updated Aug 31, 2013
Freedom

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#265
Apr 29, 2010
 
rico wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know that area very well since back in the 70's and saw that it was P.R. and in the 80's young whites moved in. I moved outta there in the late 80's, because I was able to afford to. Around that time blacks and Mexicans were moving too. So my mistake. I stand corrected. But the first news reports were that it was a black man.
Because one of the 2 girls said the person that attacked them was a dark man. Those damn Puerto Ricans from the N.Side I tell you. When have you read recently of Mexicans doing that around here? Yeah didn't think so.
rico

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#266
Apr 29, 2010
 
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Because one of the 2 girls said the person that attacked them was a dark man. Those damn Puerto Ricans from the N.Side I tell you. When have you read recently of Mexicans doing that around here? Yeah didn't think so.
Never, ever!! Or Ricans. Just blacks.
But how can a 30 year old street gang memeber do that?
Don't street gangs make their money dealing drugs?
Why beat two women for money that would last at best two nights?
Freedom

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#267
Apr 30, 2010
 
rico wrote:
<quoted text> Never, ever!! Or Ricans. Just blacks.
But how can a 30 year old street gang memeber do that?
Don't street gangs make their money dealing drugs?
Why beat two women for money that would last at best two nights?
Why even beat them?, I bet if he asked for them with the bat, they would have dropped their purses and walked away.
rico

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#268
May 1, 2010
 
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Why even beat them?, I bet if he asked for them with the bat, they would have dropped their purses and walked away.
I believe you are right since they were white girls. Now had it been latinas or blacks they would have beat his ass.
Freedom

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#269
May 10, 2010
 
Armed robbery April 29, 2010, 12:01 AM A man told police he was jumped by two men in the gangway of his apartment building in the 1900 block of Grove. The two assailants ordered him to lie down on the ground and pointed what he believed was a plastic BB gun at his head. The gunman said,“don’t give me any s%^&” and asked,“what’s in the backpack?” The victim said his backpack contained nothing but medication and clothes, but he later told police it also had two Nikon cameras worth $600.
ray64

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#270
Jun 20, 2010
 
It’s just a flesh wound!

June 17, 2010, 3:49 PM
Police were summoned to MacNeal Hospital’s emergency room to talk to a man who received gunshot wounds while walking on 19th between Euclid and Wesley.

The 41-year-old man, a resident of the 1800 block of Euclid, told police “I got it under control. I don’t need you. I can deal with this on my own.” Well, maybe, except for the medical-treatment part: doctors told police the bullet entered the victim through the right testicle, passed into the left leg and exited the leg.

All the victim would say was that he was walking to a friend’s house when three men approached and one pulled out a gun. The victim described the gun as a black .38 revolver, and said he grabbed the gun to take it away but it went off, striking him in the testicle and leg. The offenders ran away, he said, and would say no more.
Freedom

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#271
Jun 21, 2010
 
ray64 wrote:
It’s just a flesh wound!
June 17, 2010, 3:49 PM
Police were summoned to MacNeal Hospital’s emergency room to talk to a man who received gunshot wounds while walking on 19th between Euclid and Wesley.
The 41-year-old man, a resident of the 1800 block of Euclid, told police “I got it under control. I don’t need you. I can deal with this on my own.” Well, maybe, except for the medical-treatment part: doctors told police the bullet entered the victim through the right testicle, passed into the left leg and exited the leg.
All the victim would say was that he was walking to a friend’s house when three men approached and one pulled out a gun. The victim described the gun as a black .38 revolver, and said he grabbed the gun to take it away but it went off, striking him in the testicle and leg. The offenders ran away, he said, and would say no more.
Yeah I read this, this is horrible. 3 guys jumping a loner with a gun, sounds like some of the same guys in earlier posts in this forum. You cant walk alone south of Cermak. Berwyn police, forget racial profiling and just do it, we'll be safer.
rico

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#272
Jun 21, 2010
 

Judged:

1

I don't know what you people in Berwyn expect when you rent to section 8.
Bartman

Brookfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#273
Jun 21, 2010
 
Sounds like someone may have learned a lesson about messing with the girlfriend! Ouch.
ray64

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#274
Jul 14, 2010
 
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Armed man robs, pistol-whips Brookfield resident

July 11, 2010, 11:54 PM
Another gun-related incident, this time in the alley behind the 1400 block of Lombard. A 41-year-old Brookfield man told police he was in the driver’s seat of his Ford pickup truck, parked there with a friend in the passenger seat, when a man appeared “out of nowhere”, opened the driver’s door and stuck a small chrome gun to his left cheek. The robber demanded the victims’ keys, cell phones and wallets. When the driver told the robber,“Hold on a minute,” the offender struck him upside the head with the butt of the gun. Both victims gave up the requested items. The robber then fled on foot southbound through the alley.

The victims said the robber was a male black in his 30s, 5’9”, 235 lbs, dressed in a bright orange shirt, striped shorts and a dark baseball cap.
ray64

La Grange, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#275
Jul 14, 2010
 
Leg shot, mouth shut

July 11, 2010, 9:49 PM
Police responded to a call of shots fired outside Lucky Dog, Harlem and 16th. They found a man lying on the ground bleeding from his wounded left leg. According to the report, the victim refused to answer officers’ questions. Puddles of blood were found in a line from the north alley to where the victim lay on the north side of the restaurant.

Witnesses said a white two-door vehicle with a rear spoiler was involved, and described the two suspects as an Hispanic man and woman. The man, they said, had a semi-automatic handgun. Police recovered a 9MM Luger shell casing.
rico

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#276
Jul 15, 2010
 
ray64 wrote:
Leg shot, mouth shut
July 11, 2010, 9:49 PM
Police responded to a call of shots fired outside Lucky Dog, Harlem and 16th. They found a man lying on the ground bleeding from his wounded left leg. According to the report, the victim refused to answer officers’ questions. Puddles of blood were found in a line from the north alley to where the victim lay on the north side of the restaurant.
Witnesses said a white two-door vehicle with a rear spoiler was involved, and described the two suspects as an Hispanic man and woman. The man, they said, had a semi-automatic handgun. Police recovered a 9MM Luger shell casing.
There are over 20 different hispanic countries and I bet I can guess which country these two came from.
Aztek

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#277
Jul 16, 2010
 
ray64 wrote:
Leg shot, mouth shut
July 11, 2010, 9:49 PM
Police responded to a call of shots fired outside Lucky Dog, Harlem and 16th. They found a man lying on the ground bleeding from his wounded left leg. According to the report, the victim refused to answer officers’ questions. Puddles of blood were found in a line from the north alley to where the victim lay on the north side of the restaurant.
Witnesses said a white two-door vehicle with a rear spoiler was involved, and described the two suspects as an Hispanic man and woman. The man, they said, had a semi-automatic handgun. Police recovered a 9MM Luger shell casing.
I remember this one, I heard it on the radio while driving around, the idiot did not want to tell the Officers anything. He knows who shot him.
Aztek

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#278
Jul 16, 2010
 
rico wrote:
<quoted text> There are over 20 different hispanic countries and I bet I can guess which country these two came from.
you are just like the rest of the idiots who say Hispanic means Mexican, or Immigrant means Mexican, and the fact is not only Mexican immigrants reside here but others too.
rico

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#279
Jul 17, 2010
 
Aztek wrote:
<quoted text>
you are just like the rest of the idiots who say Hispanic means Mexican, or Immigrant means Mexican, and the fact is not only Mexican immigrants reside here but others too.
Once again you have to with the odds. Like I'm sure not everybody who lives in Chinatown is asian.
Delucha

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#280
Jul 19, 2010
 
rico wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you have to with the odds. Like I'm sure not everybody who lives in Chinatown is asian.
Well, the food is awesome!! I know that China Town has no strays.
Freedom

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#281
Aug 10, 2010
 

Judged:

1

July 21, 2010, 2:16 PM Witnesses living nearby called police to report a theft in progress in the commuter parking area on the 6600 block of Windsor. The offenders were gone before police arrived. Callers said two male BLACKS crawled under a parked Ford Explorer, stole the spare tire, threw it into the back seat of an older maroon vehicle, and fled the scene. The truck is owned by a MacNeal employee.

-Watchout for them, they are creeping in South Berwyn now.
Freedom

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#282
Aug 10, 2010
 
July 22, 2010, 8:52 PM Two joggers flagged down an officer at 27th and Kenilworth to report they were shot multiple times by someone in a dark older vehicle occupied by several men. Red/orange paintball marks stained the victims’ clothing. After a car, answering the victims’ description, was seen blowing the stop sign at 27th and Wenonah, it was curbed by police. It was occupied by four men—one with red/orange paint stains on his face and hands. The driver consented to a search of the trunk, in which police found a paintball gun with red/orange paint residue. Police arrested driver David E. Maisonet, 19, of the 1400 block of Ridgeland; Noel Rivera, 19, of Lyons; Daniel Martinez, 19, of the 2700 block of Lombard, and Jose Rivera, 18, of the 2700 block of Grove. The car, a Corolla, was impounded. After the arrestees were placed in cells, booking officers reported hearing the men laughing and joking about shooting the victims. All four men were charged with two counts of battery, two counts of criminal damage to property, and reckless conduct. In addition, the driver was charged with disregarding a stop sign. Police photographed the victims’ injuries.

-Sounds to me like some more uneducated Puerto Ricans.
rico

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#283
Aug 10, 2010
 
Freedom wrote:
July 22, 2010, 8:52 PM Two joggers flagged down an officer at 27th and Kenilworth to report they were shot multiple times by someone in a dark older vehicle occupied by several men. Red/orange paintball marks stained the victims’ clothing. After a car, answering the victims’ description, was seen blowing the stop sign at 27th and Wenonah, it was curbed by police. It was occupied by four men—one with red/orange paint stains on his face and hands. The driver consented to a search of the trunk, in which police found a paintball gun with red/orange paint residue. Police arrested driver David E. Maisonet, 19, of the 1400 block of Ridgeland; Noel Rivera, 19, of Lyons; Daniel Martinez, 19, of the 2700 block of Lombard, and Jose Rivera, 18, of the 2700 block of Grove. The car, a Corolla, was impounded. After the arrestees were placed in cells, booking officers reported hearing the men laughing and joking about shooting the victims. All four men were charged with two counts of battery, two counts of criminal damage to property, and reckless conduct. In addition, the driver was charged with disregarding a stop sign. Police photographed the victims’ injuries.
-Sounds to me like some more uneducated Puerto Ricans.
Sure does. Since if they were Mexicans they would have used real BULLETS!!
That's for the set up.
Freedom

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#284
Aug 11, 2010
 
rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure does. Since if they were Mexicans they would have used real BULLETS!!
That's for the set up.
Except for your imaginary drive-bys in Berwyn hold no water and are baseless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min SpaceBlues 46,270
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,059
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 177,258
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 22 min KiMare 49,379
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 38 min j_m_w 97,897
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 40 min Eric 68,912
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,644
•••
•••
•••

Berwyn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berwyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Berwyn News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berwyn
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••