Next Last
Cicero

Plainfield, IL

#250 Sep 10, 2010
charged in 4-year-old Cicero slaying
150 More Crime News
More Crime News
Chicago Breaking News | 15 hours ago| View Full Article
A man already in custody on an arson conviction was arrested by Cicero police tonight in the gang-related shooting death of a man four years ago, police said.
Daniel Solis, 21, of Justice, who is originally from Cicero, was charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder in connection with the death of Jesus Chavez, 30, and trying to kill to others on the 1600 block of 51st Avenue in Cicero on Oct. 29, 2006.
"It was a major case," Cicero Police Chief Lori Lelis said in a statement. "Solis was always a suspect and was a known gang member. The investigators stayed on it and followed the leads and those leads led them back to Solis."
The Cook County state's attorney's office approved the charges Thursday. In 2008, Solis pleaded guilty to arson charges and began serving time in the...[View Full Article]

A man already in custody on an arson conviction was arrested by Cicero police tonight in the gang-related shooting death of a man four years ago, police said.

Daniel Solis, 21, of Justice, who is originally from Cicero, was charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder in connection with the death of Jesus Chavez, 30, and trying to kill to others on the 1600 block of 51st Avenue in Cicero on Oct. 29, 2006.

"It was a major case," Cicero Police Chief Lori Lelis said in a statement. "Solis was always a suspect and was a known gang member. The investigators stayed on it and followed the leads and those leads led them back to Solis."

The Cook County state's attorney's office approved the charges Thursday. In 2008, Solis pleaded guilty to arson charges and began serving time in the...[via Chicago Breaking News]

anyone know what gang Daniel Solis is part of ?
from berwyn

Woodridge, IL

#251 Oct 1, 2010
hey fellas, i commented on this blog thing on like the second page over a year ago. Aztek i totally know who you are from your post after i asked and i can hardly believe you are still on here arguing with these idiots. you may have left the hood but the hood apparrantly hasnt left you. you for some reason feel the need to bicker with these morons. you are much smarter and could probably use your time more wisely then giving these shitheads the time of day.
i'll never forget when we used to sneak out of your stepdads basement as sixth graders. crazy shit. RIP charlie, what this post started out as. i think about him from time to time. i miss the prick.
people, folks, who gives a fuck. i surely dont anymore, not sure why i ever did.
miss perfect

Chicago, IL

#253 Jan 15, 2011
mr capone wrote:
anyone know anything about a gang shooting that took place in berwyn , i would say about a year ago , it happend outside Strikers Bowling Alley, i think its called strikers , its on 16th St.
dude that died was name Charles "Krazy" Mooney , a high ranking member of the Cicero 57 Latin Kings. ive never been able to find anything on the interent about the shooting . plz let me know

yea arceo was charged with 2nd degree murder and was sentenced 2 11yrs but he will b out this yr i know because i write him it was basically self defense
rico

Fairport, NY

#254 Jan 19, 2011
Thank you that's comforting to hear.
Pauly23

Flushing, NY

#255 Aug 4, 2011
Now you guys got me wondering who the hell you guys are. I'm Paul N. you guys remember me?
navy

United States

#256 Sep 10, 2011
Unsafe
todd parzygnat

United States

#257 Nov 15, 2011
cicero wrote:
Bolingbrook man pleads guilty in murder
June 2, 2009 5:31 PM | 2 Comments
A 28-year-old Bolingbrook man pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Tuesday and was sentenced to 11 years in prison for killing a rival gang member outside a Berwyn bowling alley two years ago.
Arceo has said he shot Charles Mooney, 27, of Berwyn in self-defense.
An eyewitness told investigators and the grand jury that Mooney was not armed. However, shortly before the trial, that witness changed his story and told prosecutors that Mooney had two bricks in his hands when he confronted Arceo.
That dramatic change in facts prompted prosecutors to offer Arceo a plea deal for second-degree murder rather than going to trial for first-degree murder.
Mooney and a friend went to the bar in the Striker Lanes bowling alley, 6728 16th St., about 2 a.m. March 10, 2007. They were soon asked to leave after a confrontation with several rival gang members who already were in the bar when they arrived.
Mooney and his friend returned a few minutes later and saw Arceo standing outside with a cell phone in his hand.
As Mooney approached, apparently with the bricks in his hands, Arceo pulled a .25-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and fired several times. He missed Mooney's friend, but struck Mooney several times, Assistant State's Atty. Joe Keating said.
Mooney made it to a car where another friend was waiting. They took off for a hospital but crashed into another vehicle at Cermak Road and Oak Park Avenue. Police arrived at the crash site, realized Mooney had been shot, and took him to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, where he died 12 days later, Keating said.
Arceo could have received up to 20 years in prison for the second-degree murder conviction. He likely will be released from prison in about 3 years because he will receive day-for-day credit if he does not get into trouble in prison. He already has served 2 years in the Cook County jail.
--Victoria Pierce
I'm glad mooney died. He shot me back in 1997 and deserved what he got
todd parzygnat

United States

#258 Nov 15, 2011
Flake ass mooney deserved to die.
CKAOS

La Grange Park, IL

#260 Dec 15, 2011
can't wait for your release arceo! steve roden will be there to pick you up if you want?
that dude

United States

#261 Mar 21, 2013
Tpk. Kk. Mooney was a piece of shit!! The players r druggies and tricks. Oh and sex offenders!
grant works

United States

#262 Apr 15, 2013
free daniel solis these crazy dudes wann astand out there and bang then wanna get people locked up when the shit hits the fan.....grant works finest almighty latin angels
Arthur Treacher

Evergreen Park, IL

#263 Apr 15, 2013
You got your shorty's back. Rock on bro.
sin city boyz

Chicago, IL

#264 Jun 30, 2013
Sin city boyz are insane gangsta sin city boy and there mexican and white, roach g cicero and roosevelt scbn
Arthur Treacher

Evergreen Park, IL

#265 Jul 11, 2013
Send a shout out to their bitches and 'hos.
rico

Berwyn, IL

#266 Dec 12, 2014
Have not seen any gang graffitti in Berwyn in a year as I drive around.
Arthur Treacher

Evergreen Park, IL

#267 Dec 15, 2014
Sweet! Maybe they're cleaning up after all!
rico

Berwyn, IL

#268 Dec 17, 2014
But I'm afraid that when all these section 8 kids can't find jobs what will they be doing.
Can Berwyn become the new Bellwood?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 53,061
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr John Galt 1,224,603
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Guru 187,890
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Gas Woman 69,825
Cant believe there are morons who still paid o... May 3 mike_b 1
should we move to Berwyn? (Feb '08) Apr 23 Steve Buckley 113
News I'm mad -- I got Berwyn's $100 camera traffic t... (Feb '12) Apr 11 rico 23
More from around the web

Berwyn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]