Library highlights historic photos - ...

Library highlights historic photos - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

There are 30 comments on the www.mysuburbanlife.com story from Feb 7, 2008, titled Library highlights historic photos - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life. In it, www.mysuburbanlife.com reports that:

Berwyn residents can get a glimpse of the city's past this weekend through a display of historic photos, postcards and other images being shared by local collectors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mysuburbanlife.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Aztek

United States

#21 Sep 28, 2008
pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Yeah, its lots better in other third world countries. "...now go get your shine box."
If it's better you go there! You are a racist! I'm not a shine! That name calling makes you a racist! Now you go and wear nothing but a bath robe and sell yourself on the streets and I just might give you a chance!
Full Circle

Chicago, IL

#22 Nov 19, 2008
Gangbanging Mexicans have ruined our neighborhoods. The white gangs kept the trouble out. Now that they are basically powerless, we're all fc uked. We used to have KNOB- Keeping N* gg ers Out of Berwyn. Now that is gone and people are constanting robbed up and down Cermak by darkies. It's not so much racism as it is classism. And 95% of our residents and visitors today are gangbanging, drug using, baby popping losers with no class. If Mexico is so wonderful, why are you all here? When you only speak Spanish, fly the Mexican flag every day, and conduct your life exactly as if you were in Mexico, why are you in the US? To come here and start some p* ssy gang because the gangs in Mexico wouldn't let you join???? You've already fc uked up one country, please stop fc uking up a second.
SweetiePie

AOL

#23 Nov 25, 2008
I lived in Berwyn/Stickney from 1954 until Imoved out in 1975, my parents until 1987( deceased), my sister 2001 (deceased) and I have one sister and two nephews who live in Blvd Manor. I simply cannot grasp how much it's changed. It just breaks my heart. I want to shout from the roof tops......What did you do to my hometown?=*(
jim havranek

Petaluma, CA

#24 May 6, 2009
I'm looking for a picture of the old Havranek pharmacy in Berwin. My grandfather was the doctor and owned the pharmacey but no one in my family can find a picture of it.

“A.K.A. Don Quixote”

Since: Sep 07

Berwyn from 1970 - 2000

#25 May 7, 2009
jim havranek wrote:
I'm looking for a picture of the old Havranek pharmacy in Berwin. My grandfather was the doctor and owned the pharmacey but no one in my family can find a picture of it.
Berwyn , ILLINOIS ?????
Where was it exactly ?

Have you tried contacting the historical society , also try Ebay occasionally you'll find old picture postcards (not cheap and rare)
Anne

Chicago, IL

#26 May 7, 2009
Okay you racist piece of S...T, I hope you have moved cause we sure as hell are glad most of you racist scums have..Berwyn is not a hole, I have lived there going on 7yrs now and while it has its share of problems, so does Naperville, Oak Park, etc Im tired of fools like of you and others making it seem like folks cant even walk the streets without getting mugged..happens everywhere dumba..s, Berwyn is making headway, slowly, but it certainly has had more improvements than when we first moved in, Depot District and Roosevelt..I remember Wicker Park when it was bad and that was bad, Berywn is nowhere near that and eventually it will get even better...Racists like you need to get the hell out of town!
Full Circle wrote:
Gangbanging Mexicans have ruined our neighborhoods. The white gangs kept the trouble out. Now that they are basically powerless, we're all fc uked. We used to have KNOB- Keeping N* gg ers Out of Berwyn. Now that is gone and people are constanting robbed up and down Cermak by darkies. It's not so much racism as it is classism. And 95% of our residents and visitors today are gangbanging, drug using, baby popping losers with no class. If Mexico is so wonderful, why are you all here? When you only speak Spanish, fly the Mexican flag every day, and conduct your life exactly as if you were in Mexico, why are you in the US? To come here and start some p* ssy gang because the gangs in Mexico wouldn't let you join???? You've already fc uked up one country, please stop fc uking up a second.
Got the hell out

Joliet, IL

#27 Sep 4, 2011
My family and I lived in Berwyn 22nd and Cuyler till 1991. We got out at just the right time. I loved growing up there. As a kid I remember these within walking distance:

Troy Store
Chrastka Funeral Home
The Cabin restaurant
Lil DebnHeir
Berwyn Theater
Emperors Steak house
Teletron True Value
Mothers day restaurant
Parks Pharmacy
Donut Pantry
Jims Coins
Suburban Pet Shop
Tartans Cigarette shop
Metropolitan Driving school
Im sure many more.

I miss the old Berwyn. It was a great place to grow up and I wouldn't have changed a thing!
Archers Choice
Berwyn Finer Foods
Hallmark Shop
Figatner and Scott paints
books

Morris, IL

#28 Sep 10, 2011
I like to read
PSW

Naperville, IL

#29 Nov 1, 2011
Jayelem wrote:
As a Berwyn resident from 1970-2000 , I can remember many places and landmarks that are no longer there.
Berwyn Theatre
Yankee Doodle Dandy ( Mc Donald's )
Lincoln statue at Lincoln Federal Savings 22nd st. and Riverside Dr.
Woolworths ( Cermak Plaza )
Lil Deb n Heir ( If I spelled it right )
I bet there are many pictures of these stores and landmarks in the Berwyn Historical Society.
Yankee Doodle Dandy....McDonalds. Not Ridgeland right? Wasnt that Troy Dept Store?
Chad Barrington III

Berwyn, IL

#30 Nov 13, 2011
Got the hell out wrote:
My family and I lived in Berwyn 22nd and Cuyler till 1991. We got out at just the right time. I loved growing up there. As a kid I remember these within walking distance:
You were a white flighter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,406,533
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min WelbyMD 219,901
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 70,857
Mario Romero 3 hr Searching 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 103,176
last post wins! (Dec '10) 4 hr honeymylove 2,286
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mothra 60,675

Berwyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berwyn Mortgages