Super Tony's grocer announces officia...

Super Tony's grocer announces official start, grand opening events - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life

There are 58 comments on the www.mysuburbanlife.com story from Feb 26, 2008, titled Super Tony's grocer announces official start, grand opening events - Berwyn, IL - Berwyn Life. In it, www.mysuburbanlife.com reports that:

Tony's Finer Foods has confirmed the opening day and time for its super store in North Riverside and announced grand opening events.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.mysuburbanlife.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rico

United States

#41 Mar 12, 2008
Every market has sales but it's overall that matters.
Present-Berwynit e

United States

#42 Mar 12, 2008
Speakin da trut wrote:
<quoted text>
The NR Jewel smells of old fish and derelicts.
Hope that's not rico's cute cashiers.
rico

United States

#43 Mar 12, 2008
I never smelled any bad oder at Jewel.
Vultures

Crest Hill, IL

#44 Apr 23, 2008
I see that already there are moochers, beggars, and other forms of vultures laying in wait in front of Tony's. They sure didn't lose any time at all finding a new feeding spot.

I donate to charitable organizations. I don't like being confronted on the way in and out of stores for money, especially, by people supposedly representing organizations or causes that I never heard of.

In my opinion, Tony's would do well to scatter these vultures off of their property and to keep them off
rico

United States

#45 Apr 24, 2008
Don't they need a permit?
Carol C

Springfield, IL

#46 Jun 2, 2008
I've had the same problem several times. The produce sign says "by the bunch" and register brings up "by the pound". I have reported this...but no correction. I'm getting frustrated.
rico

United States

#47 Jun 7, 2008
I like TONY'S checkout line. Very fast.
Aztek

Chicago, IL

#50 Sep 22, 2008
I hope the woman are fast and easy!
Lois

La Grange Park, IL

#51 Dec 18, 2008
I went to Tony's one time and was looking for the crackers for Bruchetta and not only could the staff not understand English, but they kept thinking that I wanted tortilla chips! They had me running all over the store and I am in a wheelchair. NO ONE WOULD HELP ME LOOK. SHEER LAZY. Like someone else said, most of the staff is young and in fact when I checked out I told the cashier, a young lady, of my experience and instead of having a manager come over to make it right, she shrugged it off, like what is the big deal. Another lady was there and she now only comes for the fruit as she had the same experience. The funny part of all this is that they have some nice gourmet items, but no one knows anything about them. They cater to the Spanish market more so it seems like no one else matters! They have no clue what customer service is!

Neighbors picked up some fruit for me from there and I had gnats for weeks afterwards.

It is sad as it was great when it was Dominick's. Berwyn needs a place that caters to non-hispanics and knows customer service or this area wlll die a slow death.
Don Quixote

Westchester, IL

#52 Dec 19, 2008
Lois wrote:
It is sad as it was great when it was Dominick's. Berwyn needs a place that caters to non-hispanics and knows customer service or this area wlll die a slow death.
Lois , sorry you has such an aweful experience...
I can assure you that Dominick's was not as great as you claim and Tony's Finer Foods is a fresh breath of air for both North Riverside and surrounding areas.

Yes , they should train their employees better and if you have a problem talk to a manager or customer service.

Just so you know Tony's has an overall quality selection for all kinds of ethnicities and the same can be said for the location in Bridgeview and Melrose Park , they are not catering to Hispanics only.

I've also gotten bad produce at both Jewel's and the Egg Store in the past , that's typical of any grocery store , problem is nobody ever returns the stuff which everybody should .....
rico

United States

#53 Dec 29, 2008
As far as poor customer service.
Maybe with all the housing foreclosers the owners will realize that Berwyn may not wind up being 98% Mexican. And may start caring about English speaking customers.
Gigi

Madison, WI

#54 Mar 7, 2009
I finally got to visit your store, it brought back old memorys. I worked there when it was Dominick's.Nice job Tony and Dominick.Keep up the good work. Say hello to all for me. Talk to you soon. Gigi
rico

Chicago, IL

#55 Mar 8, 2009
I was there recently and it's always packed.
And Jewel is sorta empty.
Don't forget FAMILIA FOODS that store is packed too.
mike

Western Springs, IL

#56 Apr 18, 2009
I have to admit i like their produce and hispanic items but i think there meat/seafood is quite disgusting (they even sell CARP yuck!!!!) and i hate when the inner city basketball teams try and sell me peanut M&Ms

and people really need to chill with the whole mexican thing, its not that big of a deal that they shop there
rico

Chicago, IL

#57 Apr 19, 2009
mike wrote:
I have to admit i like their produce and hispanic items but i think there meat/seafood is quite disgusting (they even sell CARP yuck!!!!) and i hate when the inner city basketball teams try and sell me peanut M&Ms
and people really need to chill with the whole mexican thing, its not that big of a deal that they shop there
How do you know it's inner city?
What schools?
Bernie

Cincinnati, OH

#58 Apr 19, 2009
Never liked Jewel. Dominicks is better.
Lynn

Oak Forest, IL

#59 Jun 11, 2012
rico wrote:
As far as poor customer service.
Maybe with all the housing foreclosers the owners will realize that Berwyn may not wind up being 98% Mexican. And may start caring about English speaking customers.
Here it is, 4 years later and it has gotten worse. It's like little Mexico and if you are not Hispanic, screw you. Every place in Berwyn and now North Riverside caters to the Mexicans. And people are sick of it. Most of the Hispanics are the low life dirty scum too. Tony's has been lacking in customer service and do NOT buy the produce there. Everyone I talk to agrees: it's low quality and goes bad FAST.

With the opening of Meijers and Super Walmart (Forest Park), Jewel doesn't stand a chance.
rico

Chicago, IL

#60 Jul 12, 2012
hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berwyn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Abracadoper 1,508,785
Results Now - Moody - Madigan Team 26 min Vote Independents 14
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 50 min tuffy 239,404
News Ex-Ukrainian finance minister, originally from ... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 63,550
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 3 hr Willful Stupidity 9,702
Poor George 11 hr Rat Boy Gearge 26

Berwyn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berwyn Mortgages