Thornton officer may face penalty for investigating
“She asked about the position of the Isuzu in the roadway”
Relative of injured wrestler involved herself in the case A high-profile Thornton police officer involved herself in the investigation of the crash that cost two Berthoud teens their legs - taping a ... via Rocky Mountain News
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mountain News.
#1 Jun 6, 2007
is this investiagation going on forever, or what??
" Cmdr. Lori Moriarity, an aunt of one of the boys, is now the subject of an internal investigation aimed at whether she violated Thornton police procedures"
• Jan. 18: Moriarity calls State Patrol officials and asks to attend an accident reconstruction planned for that night. At the reconstruction, she holds a video camera while troopers re-enact the accident.
• Jan. 21 and 23: Moriarity calls the investigating trooper, Robert Nuse, to update him on Carron's medical condition.
• Jan. 24: Moriarity calls Nuse, forwarding phone numbers of other students who came upon the accident scene just after it happened.
• Jan. 25: Nuse faxes copies of his accident report to attorneys for Michelle Berra, driver of the car that struck the boys; to a State Patrol spokesman; and to Moriarity. Moriarity calls to ask Nuse about his conclusion that Carron's Isuzu was stopped in the middle of a traffic lane.
• Jan. 29: Nuse meets with Greg Lammons, the chief deputy district attorney handling the case. Moriarity later calls Nuse about the meeting.
• Jan. 30: Moriarity calls Nuse with a phone number for one of the boys who came upon the accident but who had not yet given a statement to investigators.
Add your comments below
|Colorado fetal homicide bill mired in familiar,...||Apr 19||Elise Gingerich||1|
|Why is it so difficult for some poeple to stop ...||Mar '15||Longmont Resident||4|
|Longmont musician seriously injured in car acci...||Mar '15||Longmont Resident||1|
|Debate: Gay Marriage - Berthoud, CO (Jan '12)||Sep '14||Brian_G||25|
|Jared Polis sues to stop fracking next to his W... (Jul '13)||Sep '14||Jim||4|
|RH Line calls printed March 26, 2014 (Apr '14)||Apr '14||Todd||1|
|9NEWS - Top News Article - Homes evacuated, par... (Aug '07)||Jun '13||nonya||16|
Find what you want!
Search Berthoud Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC