First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JAS

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 25, 2009
just curious if anyone knows anything on this case from 2002...I've checked the newspapers and such and the last article I can find is from 2003 when the case changed from "missing person" to "homicide".
...Seems like she has just been forgotten!!
sad for her

Bragg City, MO

#3 Jan 26, 2009
Claudia was a lovely woman and I still think of her often.
I know they did say it was murder but they never released how she actually died. You can bet your ass if she was a rich woman though they would have hunted down her killer a long time ago.
It is a sad , sad case and the sheriffs dept should be ashamed of thereself! They did not give a shit about this woman or there would have been an on going investigation. I know for a fact that there was solid information given to them that they NEVER followed up on. I know this because I know who gave this information and they brushed it aside like it was not a big deal. Karma is a b*tch though and I hope that it comes back to haunt a certain officer who was one of the investigators for not listening to what people were telling him.
WHO

Bragg City, MO

#4 Feb 8, 2009
Webster wrote:
Unfortunately she has not only been forgotten, but the family has to rely on a lazy, uncaring, unskilled sheriff's office to investigate & bring her MURDERER to justice. Neither of which they will ever do. I can tell you this, as long as you have the sheriff & sheriff's deputies that are currently in office....this case will Not Be Solved! They could care less about investigating this or any other major case in this county. It's really sad to say, but that is what happens when citizens elect people that can talk the talk but could care less about walking the walk.
This must be Rick Cook......or maybe his wife ??????
JAS

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Feb 9, 2009
WHO wrote:
<quoted text> This must be Rick Cook......or maybe his wife ??????
Well regardless of who posted, it does seem that something's going on, and it's just crazy to me! Claudia's life was just as important as anyone else's and should be treated as such!! This happened in 2002, and the last bit of information was when the remains found were positively identified as hers and her death was officially ruled a homicide, that was in May of 2003!! There were leads AND suspects, according to Rick Cook's statement in the Statesman at that time...so why has there been nothing since? Do they have an idea of who did this to her? Are they still keeping it hush-hush to avoid "tainting" the investigation? Or is there even an investigation at all??
Probably

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Feb 9, 2009
WHO wrote:
And he has a lot of room to talk. Was he not one of the deputies (the Chief Deputy) when Claudia turned up missing and when she was found?

You bet he was. Looks like he couldn't do the walkedy walk either!

Arnold, MO

#7 Mar 18, 2009
has anyone heard anything on this case?
micheal dabbs

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Mar 19, 2009
i have leard form this case if you drink alot and dont have alot of !!! money !!! you dont get the treatment as a rich up to do person and that is very sad because claudia may have drinked alot butshe was still human and to me and my kids a friend God bless you claudia

Arnold, MO

#9 Mar 19, 2009
It's so sad though! Someone can just disappear from their home in a small town like this, then be found murdered, and no one cares? Has there ever been anyone even picked up and questioned about what happened to her, no suspects or what?
someone who cares

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Mar 19, 2009
You bet your ass that if that was my mother I wouldn't stop a day until I knew who, where, when and how that this all happened. Lets face it people there is no perfect crimes. I don't care how careful someone is there is someone or something overlooked in all of this. And if it was my loved one I,d contact anyone and everyone that could help me. Even if it meant contacting unsolved mysteries, or any other show that could shed some light on this matter. Remember there is still many things that could still be done. But we as a whole community must pull togather and do something. If our law enforcement are not willing to go back and review this case. Then we need to get a REWARD fund started and keep it growing. Remember money talks and bullshit walks. So lets not let a guilty person or persons walk free. If for nothing else for the little girl who needs and deserves closure to this.

Arnold, MO

#11 Mar 20, 2009
I agree with you, someone knows something and it's sad to say it but money does talk. I just can't understand how or why Stoddard County would not be going out of their way to solve this case.. she was last seen alive in Bernie, found near Puxico, both in this county... it makes me sick, She and her daughter deserve so much better than this!!
someone who cares

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Mar 20, 2009
guest wrote:
I agree with you, someone knows something and it's sad to say it but money does talk. I just can't understand how or why Stoddard County would not be going out of their way to solve this case.. she was last seen alive in Bernie, found near Puxico, both in this county... it makes me sick, She and her daughter deserve so much better than this!!
I wonder just how long it would take to find out who had done this if she had friends and family in the stoddard county police dept.
last article

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Mar 24, 2009
http://www.dailystatesman.com/story/1000005.h...

this is the link to the last article on Claudia
dont-blame-W

United States

#14 Mar 24, 2009
Maybe it's time to call in KFVS-12 and wake a few ppl up
dont-blame-W

United States

#15 Mar 24, 2009
"Evidence discovered during the course of the investigation revealed that foul play was suspected," Cook said. Therefore, the case has now changed from a missing person's case to a homicide investigation. "We have several leads to follow-up on now," Cook commented. "We do have some suspects and we will continue working on it." Cook indicated that the cause of death and other details surrounding the discovery of the body and results of testing will not be released at this time, since officials do not want to "damage the prosecution."
someone who cares

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Mar 24, 2009
well then whats taking the police so long to solve this case I say give all the suspects a polygraph!!!! And then go from there. I think justice should be served. And any way you look at this case someone should be held accountable.And I don't think if the police don't do something soon it will be just another unsolved mystery. If I were the children of claudia I would write and call anyone that would listen and maybe justice would be served.
a friend

Malden, MO

#17 Apr 14, 2009
It is crazy how Jerry died not long after. I loved them two, and hope justice is served. This case needs to be looked at harder!
friend of Claudia

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Apr 14, 2009
a friend wrote:
It is crazy how Jerry died not long after. I loved them two, and hope justice is served. This case needs to be looked at harder!
Jerry died before Claudia, a heart attack, sept 14 2001 . Claudia went missing on Sept 2nd 2002.
guesttoo

Jackson, MO

#19 Aug 3, 2009
still no suspects or leads here I guess? So sad!!
Webster

United States

#20 Sep 16, 2009
WHO wrote:
This must be Carl Hefner....or maybe his wife Tommy Horton!!
Tellin the truth

Bragg City, MO

#21 Oct 26, 2009
well i knew the family very well and they are sayin that they are still lookin into it and it would be nice to have some closure for the family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for a friend 33 min gbro 1
bernie police department 4 hr salem 1
Mad people 6 hr Just me 1
Dr. Jessup office 11 hr Curious 8
Size mAtters (Apr '16) Fri palman 4
Yummy Fri Antwan 2
Topix Defamation Thu Informed 3

Bernie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance