OB/GYN in Poplar Bluff

Posted in the Bernie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Mother to Be

United States

#1 Feb 17, 2010
I recently found out I was pregnant & my husband & I decided to use Dr. Carrie Carda. I have heard horrible things about her & was wondering who would be the best OB doctor to see in Poplar Bluff!?
Concerned Mother

Dexter, MO

#2 Feb 17, 2010
Please do not use Carda!!!! Dr. John Patty is the best doctor around for a pregnancy. If it wasn't for him, I would have lost my son. Dr. Patty is very compassionate and when he delivers that baby, you would think that it was his child!
Another mother to be

Kennett, MO

#3 Feb 17, 2010
I have heard that Dr. Carda is well rude but that is just what I heard.Dr.John Patty is my dr.and he's a really good one too I would recomend that you use John Patty.
Future Mommy Too

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Feb 17, 2010
I'm two months along now, and I'm using Dr. John Patty too. My aunt was a labor and delivery nurse at Bluff; she recently reired. She says that Dr. Patty is the best there is, and she's worked with them all.
fyi

Bragg City, MO

#5 Feb 17, 2010
I used Dr.Carrie Carda with both of my children and i still see her yearly to this day. I think she is absolutely wonderful. She has always been very friendly and caring. I wouldn't use anyone else. I have also heard the Dr. Patty is a great OB/GYN.
wondering

Dexter, MO

#6 Feb 17, 2010
Dr Jones is the best to he delivered my kids and i was very please with him i dont think you could ask for a better doctor. that is just my opionion
EXPERT

Dexter, MO

#7 Feb 17, 2010
Dr.John Patty is a WONDERFULL DOCTOR, very caring I had him with both of my children.
mom
#8 Feb 17, 2010
I know women that really like Dr. Patty but all of his law suits on case.net turned me. I used Dr. Davis, he is a D.O. not an OB/GYN and he only takes so many OB patients at a time but he's great. They tend to spoil their pregnant patients and when it comes time for delivery he is there, he spent several hours at the hospital with me awaiting the birth of my 2nd child. I have used 3 different doctors and he is by far the best and most personable.
mother of two

Bragg City, MO

#9 Feb 19, 2010
I have two children and Dr. John Patty delivered them both but I am going to tell you that no matter what you are going to hear bad things about all the Dr.s. I know because I have went to several Ob offices lately I am having trouble and Dr.Patty was to busy to help me but he was great when he delivered my kids and if you choose to go see him you may as well make a day of being in the Bluff becasue he is always behind and you can spend hours in his office.

Orange, TX

#10 Feb 22, 2010
i had Dr. John Patty with my son, he was great! he was there with me and he did a really good job. there normally was a wait but you get to call and pre-register now. they will call you about 45 min before they can get u in. theres no way i would choose any other dr!!!! he also delivered my 2 nieces. he was great with them too! i know quite a few people that has been to him and love him, i know of 1 that didnt care much for him. my opinion is he is a wonderful DR!!!!!!
former patient

Crossville, TN

#11 Feb 23, 2010
loved her i have since moved but she delivered my son and did my hysterectomy she is very compassionate called me at home several times herself i used her about 10 years ago so i know she is very busy now. but just keep in mind every doctor has law suits patty included i heard he was great but you wait literally 4-7 hrs to see him
Mee

Kennett, MO

#12 Feb 24, 2010
everyone is exactly right ive used dr. john patty for both of my children and i absolutely LOVE him, he is by far the best
grandparent speaking out

Dexter, MO

#13 Feb 24, 2010
i saw Dr. John Patty when my daughter was born. I really like him. He is a good doctor but is so busy and I feel he does not have the time to give to a woman who is expecting. It feels like you are rushed in and out. I had gestational diabetes and he never checked my blood sugar or discussed it with me. I do not think he didn't care it was he just didn't have time. when someone is pregnet they want to feel like there the only one and that there important. you do not get that with dr. john.
Aprilmomma

United States

#14 Mar 5, 2010
I see Dr. Jones and I LOVE him! He's so professional, nice and smart. And his nurses are great too! I've had two family members use Carda and both had major problems with her. I know alot of people that use Patty and I think he's good too, just really busy.
Carrie Carda is awesome

Albion, IL

#15 Mar 17, 2010
Well before I had my son John Patty was delivering some womens baby made her push for 3 hours almost killed her and the baby I personally use Carda I'm just glad Carda doesn't make anyone push for that long she delivered my daughter too
Mommy

Kennett, MO

#16 Mar 17, 2010
I used Dr. John Patty and LOVED him. I ahve three children and with the first one my husband was unsure about seeing a male OB doctor, but afte our great experience with Dr. Patty wen we found out we were pregnant with our second child my husband said we were gonna use Dr. Patty no doubts. Then with my thirs (Born Dec. 6, 2009)we didn't even have to think about who we were going to us. He was our choice and an amazing one. He treats all his patients the same. When I had my first child I was on Medicaid and he was just as amazing to me as he was this time and now I am a nurse and have private insurance. There is no doubt he is the best.
harry bo hemis

Albion, IL

#17 Mar 18, 2010
Carrie Carda is awesome wrote:
Well before I had my son John Patty was delivering some womens baby made her push for 3 hours almost killed her and the baby I personally use Carda I'm just glad Carda doesn't make anyone push for that long she delivered my daughter too
& that was just 7 months ago
Mommy

Kennett, MO

#18 Mar 20, 2010
One of my good friends didn't have a good experience with Carda. I won't say how bad it was, but I guess everyone has there own experiences with different doctors. I do however find it funny that you ladies think its so bad to push for 3 hours. If the child is ok, there is nothing wrong with that. No one ever said childbirth was suppose to be easy.
Carrie Carda is awesome

Dexter, MO

#19 Mar 25, 2010
Well when your in a life and death matter I do believe it is pretty sad when your ob decides to do a c-section that baby and her mother could of been killed they had to revive that baby 5 times, But your right pushing that long isn't to bad and child birth isn't easy (I agree)
Another mom

New York, NY

#20 Mar 25, 2010
I used Dr. Patty for both of my kids. He is a great doctor but he has too many patients now. He wasn't as busy when I used him 2 years ago. I think he needs to quit accepting new patients for a while. He also did my tubal ligation after my second child. I had my tubes cut, tied and burned and ended up having a tubal pregnancy about 1 1/2 years later. I don't know if it was his fault though. Things just happen sometimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Barnes from ww wood you need to read t... 1 hr Jeniffer 5
Campbell's Fire Department 2 hr towner 12
Hes not here 4 hr just wondering 9
good hard worker looking for a job (Jan '15) Tue needjob 16
Michelle Tutor Jul 23 Bernie mule 21
Pretty little brunette rich girl Jul 22 Oooopsie 3
joey williams (Jan '09) Jul 22 Just saying 4

Bernie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance