Debbie Swenerton, Animal Rescue Worke...

Debbie Swenerton, Animal Rescue Worker, Accused Of Dognapping

There are 21 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Dec 4, 2012, titled Debbie Swenerton, Animal Rescue Worker, Accused Of Dognapping. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

The cases were often heartbreaking: Families coming home to find their dogs had vanished from inside houses, behind locked fences and outdoor kennels in rural communities east of Albuquerque.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WTF OUTRAGED

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Dec 4, 2012
another nutjob ......while being chased she throws the dogs from a moving car.....

"But with the recent arrest of a woman accused of stealing two pit bulls then throwing them from her moving car as the dogs' owner gave chase officials think they have confirmed longstanding suspicions that the animals were victims of an overzealous animal rescuer turned serial dognapper."

get this ARA's are defending her........

Barbara Tellier, a friend of Swenerton's who runs the Alliance Against Animal Abuse Inc., said she believes Swenerton is being set up by officials in a county where animal abuse is rampant and officials don't care.

I guess the Cops pushed the dogs out of the car...

Tellier said Swenerton is "one of the most humane people I know"
"Debbie is making waves," Tellier said. "She is emailing everybody trying to get help for these animals who are locked outside without enough shelter, or not enough water in the summertime, or running loose to get hit by a car ... and nobody is doing anything."

Stupid people never cease to amaze me......caught red handed.....and still cant come to terms that they're breaking the law....
Abt

Princeton, NJ

#2 Dec 4, 2012
Two words: nutty broad.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#3 Dec 4, 2012
Here we have yet another case of an AR LUNATIC assuming that she has all the answers while completely ignoring and disrespecting the rights and property of other humans. This mental midget LOVES animals soooooo much that she throws dogs from her moving car!!!!! Animal rights activists are among the stupidest beings on this planet. If modern medicine had not eliminated natural selection, this simple minded freak wouldn't have lived more than a week after birth.
hunters are COWARDS

Midland, TX

#4 Dec 4, 2012
I know Debbie personally and can tell you she had originally planned on eating the dog.

Spokaloonian

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Since: Jul 12

for a hamburger today.

#5 Dec 4, 2012
Oh come on, dogs have a right to learn to fly too.'Animal rights' and all that, you know.

{Sick Bitch}
Part

Huntsville, AL

#6 Dec 4, 2012
of Mitt's family?
nutjob

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jun 24, 2013
What do you know! The "Nutjob" turned out to be innocent of the charges in the "Dognapping case"

See: The Independent Edgewood NM issue June 12 -18 archive page 3.

The prosecution dismissed the case because the only witness statements were not credible so much so that no reasonable jury would find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Hangman ... remove the noose from the innocent womans neck.

Tijeras NM
topcop

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jun 24, 2013
No the cops didn't push the dogs out of the car. Instead they fabricated a great story to divert attention from the fact that they refuse to do the job they were hired for in a county that runs rampant with unwanted animals and animals that are not spayed, neutered, vaccinated and get no vet care.
Open your eyes.
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#10 Jun 30, 2013
nutjob wrote:
What do you know! The "Nutjob" turned out to be innocent of the charges in the "Dognapping case"
See: The Independent Edgewood NM issue June 12 -18 archive page 3.
The prosecution dismissed the case because the only witness statements were not credible so much so that no reasonable jury would find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
Hangman ... remove the noose from the innocent womans neck.
Tijeras NM
does not surprise me one bit. such a tragic string of events for this poor animal. the criminal justice system just does not work, from top to bottom and inside and outside. after all, the pc slackfest known as this creditcardocracy does have its limits. so the solution is simple.

educate yourself.

do some basic research.

reject violence in all its forms.

seek compassion.

go vegan.

do it today.
Dswen2016

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Mar 27, 2018
Abt wrote:
Two words: nutty broad.
You read a story, don't know the person, and judge them without proof. "Nutty broad" applies to you lady. Oh ... I recently read that you're a retired pole dancer ... yuke!

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#12 Mar 28, 2018
Dswen2016 wrote:
<quoted text>

You read a story, don't know the person, and judge them without proof. "Nutty broad" applies to you lady. Oh ... I recently read that you're a retired pole dancer ... yuke!
The simple minded twit stole two dogs and then threw them from a moving vehicle....what else does one need to know? She was going to "rescue" the dogs even if it killed them? Those two dogs and their owner are the victims here and Swenerton is the abuser/criminal. Plain and simple. Don't be a complete idiot all of your life.
Captain Obvious

Essex, MD

#13 Apr 18, 2018
"The prosecution dismissed the case because the only witness statements were not credible so much so that no reasonable jury would find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt."

The same was said of Al Capone and John Gotti on many occasions.
Virginia Vegetarian

Stafford, VA

#14 Apr 18, 2018
Squach wrote:
Here we have yet another case of an AR LUNATIC assuming that she has all the answers while completely ignoring and disrespecting the rights and property of other humans. This mental midget LOVES animals soooooo much that she throws dogs from her moving car!!!!! Animal rights activists are among the stupidest beings on this planet. If modern medicine had not eliminated natural selection, this simple minded freak wouldn't have lived more than a week after birth.
I'm an Animal Rights Advocate, and will match my IQ against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'll even let you add the IQs of ten of your friends or family members just to make it fair.

And if you want to talk about stupid people on this planet who survived natural selection, maybe we should start with hunters who can't tell the difference between a white tail deer and a human clad in orange from head to toe. The headlines are full of the idiotic things hunters do. I'm sure several of your friends (including you) are recipients of Darwin Awards.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#17 Saturday Apr 21
Virginia Vegetarian wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm an Animal Rights Advocate, and will match my IQ against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'll even let you add the IQs of ten of your friends or family members just to make it fair.

And if you want to talk about stupid people on this planet who survived natural selection, maybe we should start with hunters who can't tell the difference between a white tail deer and a human clad in orange from head to toe. The headlines are full of the idiotic things hunters do. I'm sure several of your friends (including you) are recipients of Darwin Awards.
Really? I'm not the one who "rescues" dogs only to attempt killing them moments later. With friends like the mental midget in this article, dogs don't need enemies.

As for comparing IQs......you really don't want to embarrass yourself do you? The fact that you don't recognize this incident as an emotionally driven act of abject stupidity puts you at a disadvantage from the start. Throwing dogs from a moving vehicle IS ABUSE whether the idiot was trying to "rescue" them or not.

The idiotic things that "hunters" do are usually not done by hunters. The majority of them are committed by nose pickers who only venture into the bush once a year and haven't picked up their hunting weapon since last hunting season. They think that beer is mandatory hunting equipment and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their weapon of choice. Real hunters who respect nature and our hunting heritage have no use for that flood of morons that pores out of the big cities into the forests every year on opening day of firearms season. Fortunately they can't stand being away from the comforts of their concrete and asphalt for long and having no outdoor skills they usually head back to the stench of the city by the third or fourth day of the season. The animal rights community doesn't have a monopoly on morons who should have been eliminated by natural selection although you do seem to have more than your share. Try again....
The Wicked Witch

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Monday Apr 23
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>

Really? I'm not the one who "rescues" dogs only to attempt killing them moments later. With friends like the mental midget in this article, dogs don't need enemies.

As for comparing IQs......you really don't want to embarrass yourself do you? The fact that you don't recognize this incident as an emotionally driven act of abject stupidity puts you at a disadvantage from the start. Throwing dogs from a moving vehicle IS ABUSE whether the idiot was trying to "rescue" them or not.

The idiotic things that "hunters" do are usually not done by hunters. The majority of them are committed by nose pickers who only venture into the bush once a year and haven't picked up their hunting weapon since last hunting season. They think that beer is mandatory hunting equipment and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their weapon of choice. Real hunters who respect nature and our hunting heritage have no use for that flood of morons that pores out of the big cities into the forests every year on opening day of firearms season. Fortunately they can't stand being away from the comforts of their concrete and asphalt for long and having no outdoor skills they usually head back to the stench of the city by the third or fourth day of the season. The animal rights community doesn't have a monopoly on morons who should have been eliminated by natural selection although you do seem to have more than your share. Try again....
Just a reminder. I still do not think intelligent beings would hunt, they would have grown out of the habit of consuming flesh long ago.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#19 Monday Apr 23
The Wicked Witch wrote:
<quoted text> Just a reminder. I still do not think intelligent beings would hunt, they would have grown out of the habit of consuming flesh long ago.
Which only illustrates how unintelligent you are Suzie Q because the natural world we live in doesn't work that way. Just a reminder, despite your disapproval predators/carnivores/omnivores still dominate life on earth.

“Animal Testing Saves Lives”

Since: Apr 11

And Saving Lives is Good

#20 Saturday May 5
Virginia Vegetarian wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm an Animal Rights Advocate, and will match my IQ against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'll even let you add the IQs of ten of your friends or family members just to make it fair.

And if you want to talk about stupid people on this planet who survived natural selection, maybe we should start with hunters who can't tell the difference between a white tail deer and a human clad in orange from head to toe. The headlines are full of the idiotic things hunters do. I'm sure several of your friends (including you) are recipients of Darwin Awards.
You struggle with basic concepts like logic and science. Maybe it is because you only have a high school education and maybe it is because you aren't as sharp as you think you are. If you are intelligent, it doesn't show in your ability to understand the world around you.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#22 Sunday May 13
Virginia Vegetarian wrote:
<quoted text>

I'm an Animal Rights Advocate, and will match my IQ against yours any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. I'll even let you add the IQs of ten of your friends or family members just to make it fair.

And if you want to talk about stupid people on this planet who survived natural selection, maybe we should start with hunters who can't tell the difference between a white tail deer and a human clad in orange from head to toe. The headlines are full of the idiotic things hunters do. I'm sure several of your friends (including you) are recipients of Darwin Awards.
You must be the stupidest person on here.
Squach needs no help from his friends to destroy your tripe in this debate.
Squach is fully capable of handling your stupid ass, on his own. He just did.

It is noted already here that your prowess in this debate has reduced your input to personal attacks on Hairy and patting yourself on the back for skills you have failed to show here.

You are out of your league kid
Squsch is famous here for eating little ARA turds like you .

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#23 Sunday May 13
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>

Really? I'm not the one who "rescues" dogs only to attempt killing them moments later. With friends like the mental midget in this article, dogs don't need enemies.

As for comparing IQs......you really don't want to embarrass yourself do you? The fact that you don't recognize this incident as an emotionally driven act of abject stupidity puts you at a disadvantage from the start. Throwing dogs from a moving vehicle IS ABUSE whether the idiot was trying to "rescue" them or not.

The idiotic things that "hunters" do are usually not done by hunters. The majority of them are committed by nose pickers who only venture into the bush once a year and haven't picked up their hunting weapon since last hunting season. They think that beer is mandatory hunting equipment and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with their weapon of choice. Real hunters who respect nature and our hunting heritage have no use for that flood of morons that pores out of the big cities into the forests every year on opening day of firearms season. Fortunately they can't stand being away from the comforts of their concrete and asphalt for long and having no outdoor skills they usually head back to the stench of the city by the third or fourth day of the season. The animal rights community doesn't have a monopoly on morons who should have been eliminated by natural selection although you do seem to have more than your share. Try again....
I am convinced the reason "modern" human hunter success rates are still at barely 30% even with all their supposed advantages in modern weaponry and other tools, is simply becauae few humans possess the skills required to be successful. They have the tools. They lack the skills.
To be a successful hunter one must first of all possess or adopt a predator mentality. The vast majority of humans today possess a prey mentality.
A true predator understands the real victim in the predator/prey relationship is the unsuccessful predator. Their entire focus is on being there, regardless of weather and discomfort, when their prey is vulnerable and then making sure they kill and eat it.
A prey mentality subconsciously yearns for the safe space of their den ... even when masquerading as a predator.
Prey mentality breeds killers not hunters.

You have heard me say many times there are two types of people in the woods during hunting season ... hunters and killers.
The hunters know who the killers are.
The killers think there is no difference and unknowingly assume you are like them.
They are woefully incorrect.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#24 Monday May 14
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I am convinced the reason "modern" human hunter success rates are still at barely 30% even with all their supposed advantages in modern weaponry and other tools, is simply becauae few humans possess the skills required to be successful. They have the tools. They lack the skills.
To be a successful hunter one must first of all possess or adopt a predator mentality. The vast majority of humans today possess a prey mentality.
A true predator understands the real victim in the predator/prey relationship is the unsuccessful predator. Their entire focus is on being there, regardless of weather and discomfort, when their prey is vulnerable and then making sure they kill and eat it.
A prey mentality subconsciously yearns for the safe space of their den ... even when masquerading as a predator.
Prey mentality breeds killers not hunters.

You have heard me say many times there are two types of people in the woods during hunting season ... hunters and killers.
The hunters know who the killers are.
The killers think there is no difference and unknowingly assume you are like them.
They are woefully incorrect.
Well said! I have used your words on more than one occasion to describe the difference between real hunters and the others. Real hunters have a deep seated respect for nature and the prey while the others don't even respect themselves. As the times change I see more and more people living their lives completely estranged from the natural world and I've spent a great deal of my time teaching young people, who are interested and willing to learn, how to live comfortably in the wilderness and enjoy nature at her best. Just something as simple as the sweet smell of fresh fallen snow, pure and untainted by the sulfurous fumes of civilization, can be almost intoxicating and millions of people will never know it. A shame, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 8 hr Katia 116,388
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 8 hr Katia 65,405
News The Latest: Teen blames race discrimination in ... 14 hr Guest 4
News Real estate company ranks Farmington second bes... (Mar '14) 23 hr Hmm 12
News Apd investigating string of possible connected ... Sun julia 1
da Donald Emboldens Aaron Schlossberg Sat New York New York 1
pat davis is a clownbot May 19 Bloodonhishands2 2

Bernalillo Jobs

Personal Finance

Bernalillo Mortgages