Is the Rail Runner running on empty?

Is the Rail Runner running on empty?

There are 6 comments on the KRQE Albuquerque, New Mexico story from May 27, 2010, titled Is the Rail Runner running on empty?. In it, KRQE Albuquerque, New Mexico reports that:

The New Mexico Rail Runner has been chugging through the heart of state for four years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRQE Albuquerque, New Mexico.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 May 27, 2010
NM's white elephant!
fscott

Albuquerque, NM

#2 May 28, 2010
Bill Richardson's white elephant that the New Mexico taxpayers will be paying for as long as it runs. The ridership numbers were inflated by free rides and all of the democrats were onboard pushing for this project. We are only on beginning to hear what the real cost of this project is and its going to be huge. I also think Denish bares some of the blame for all thats wrong not just with this project but for the Richardson years of excess.
dpb

Santa Fe, NM

#3 May 28, 2010
Whine on losers.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#4 May 28, 2010
fscott wrote:
Bill Richardson's white elephant that the New Mexico taxpayers will be paying for as long as it runs. The ridership numbers were inflated by free rides and all of the democrats were onboard pushing for this project. We are only on beginning to hear what the real cost of this project is and its going to be huge. I also think Denish bares some of the blame for all thats wrong not just with this project but for the Richardson years of excess.
She was most certainly a willing accomplice to this fiasco.
getting real

Santa Fe, NM

#5 May 28, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
NM's white elephant!
YES .(that was a period)

it will never post any type of break-even or profit within the lifetime of anyone reading this.

I understand you CAN get a space ride to Santa Fe for a few extra bucks.

This state could have bought 100 busses for the cost of that boondoggle.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#6 May 29, 2010
getting real wrote:
<quoted text>
YES .(that was a period)
it will never post any type of break-even or profit within the lifetime of anyone reading this.
I understand you CAN get a space ride to Santa Fe for a few extra bucks.
This state could have bought 100 busses for the cost of that boondoggle.
Lol, had they bought 100 buses to move those state employees, they'd have overbought, something the state is very adept at doing! Buses would have been a much better and more economical fit. Ever wonder why heavily subsidized AmTrak never provided such service? Hmmm, maybe they knew something about moving people and short/long term costs...

Do those Space Rides come with your very own $Bill autographed tin-foil hat in black magic marker or gold leaf fine point<G>? How much does the space port glean off the top for hawking them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr new parrot 64,114
trump derangement syndrome 1 hr Tad Askew 145
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 13 hr Maverick 808 115,058
News New Mexico lawmakers discuss self-driving cars 18 hr BSBSBS 1
TRUMP just POed Many More People 19 hr Another 131
War Hero Chooses Mayo Clinic over the VA Hospital 19 hr BSBSBS 1
News Albuquerque man accused of abusing baby release... Wed this 2

Bernalillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance