Martinez prefers to stick to issues

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

Republican gubernatorial candidate Susana Martinez is traveling around New Mexico this week to meet with constituents and listen to their concerns.
Comments
5,601 - 5,620 of 6,067 Comments Last updated Thursday Jun 26
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Cary lies again wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/bad-...
You don't know Jefferson - spurious phony quotation used by ideologues to justify hating civil society.
You poor little liberal. Thinking you know my name, and then ignoring the quotes of the Founding Fathers when they don't fit in with the liberal agenda of big-government tyranny.

"Can the liberties of a nation be sure when we remove their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people, that these liberties are a gift from God?" - Thomas Jefferson
nope

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
you simply lied.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

nope wrote:
<quoted text>
you simply lied.
Aw, poor little liberal can't handle the truth.

"I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." - Thomas Jefferson
JeffersonQuote

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor little liberal. Thinking you know my name, and then ignoring the quotes of the Founding Fathers when they don't fit in with the liberal agenda of big-government tyranny.
"Can the liberties of a nation be sure when we remove their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people, that these liberties are a gift from God?" - Thomas Jefferson
Given he was anti-Christian, and just one guy, and voted to keep church and state separate, I think you need to rethink and revisit your beliefs.

He was part of the land company my ancestors, his father, and George Washington were part of, and my family never supported the ideas you espouse here.

Did you notice the gov's 4 of 6 animals died of cancer? That is fast, did she poison them?
JeffersonQuote

Los Alamos, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw, poor little liberal can't handle the truth.
"I am not a friend to a very energetic government. It is always oppressive." - Thomas Jefferson
Which is why he never would have supported Bush two times, or any other republican.
theloneRINOS

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

"When one gets in bed with the government, one must expect the diseases it spreads."- Dr. Ron Paul

Richardson/Martinez! Now that's a ticket guaranteed to put you at the bottom....with Mississippi and Arkansas!

And you can take that to the BANK!lmpwao
nobody

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

theloneRINOS wrote:
"When one gets in bed with the government, one must expect the diseases it spreads."- Dr. Ron Paul
Richardson/Martinez! Now that's a ticket guaranteed to put you at the bottom....with Mississippi and Arkansas!
And you can take that to the BANK!lmpwao
no one has to bring NM to the bottom with Mississippi and Arkansas.
NM has always been at the bottom. Nothing at all has changed.
Heck, Billy the Kid came here because it was lawless.
Duhhhhhhhhh
nobody

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Duhhhhhhhhh
Whoever decided to tag me with judgmental icons just proves that NM is filled with ignorant people who hate education. This is why NM will never leave the bottom. You love the slavery mentality that exists here. Enjoy
morehigherups

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
Duhhhhhhhhh
Actually, Santa Fe has the second highest minimum wage in the country at $10.50 an hour.

I believe it was Martinez who recently vetoed the $8.50 an hour minimum wage that has kept NM at the bottom with 40% of their work force classified as the 'working poor'.

The children of NM moved to the bottom just this year, with the number of children going hungry up from 27% to 30% during the governor's first 3 years.

The only thing that hasn't changed is the unethical pay-to-play and above-the-law ways of the governor.
rose colored glasses

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

morehigherups wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Santa Fe has the second highest minimum wage in the country at $10.50 an hour.
I believe it was Martinez who recently vetoed the $8.50 an hour minimum wage that has kept NM at the bottom with 40% of their work force classified as the 'working poor'.
The children of NM moved to the bottom just this year, with the number of children going hungry up from 27% to 30% during the governor's first 3 years.
The only thing that hasn't changed is the unethical pay-to-play and above-the-law ways of the governor.
If it were only as simple as you want all to believe. I lived in Espanola when Santa Fe first proposed the $10 minimum wage, some 10-12 years ago. The rich wanted their help to wear nicer cloths. They also figured it would cut back on crime. Notice the minimum wage didn't cover the whole state. Why not?
Your ignorance has yet to impress me. You even know you have to accentuate your own dribble with colorful icons. How unimpressive.
My Oh My

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

rose colored glasses wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were only as simple as you want all to believe. I lived in Espanola when Santa Fe first proposed the $10 minimum wage, some 10-12 years ago. The rich wanted their help to wear nicer cloths. They also figured it would cut back on crime. Notice the minimum wage didn't cover the whole state. Why not?
Your ignorance has yet to impress me. You even know you have to accentuate your own dribble with colorful icons. How unimpressive.
This is what I have learned over time. Even the bottom of the barrel in the United States, is comparatively better than what so many run here from.$8.50 an hour is heaven compared to selling your body to exist.
That most coming from Mexico believe in a dog eat dog religion. An Aztec mentality. How do you civilize a people who think like that. I have yet to enter a church in NM that consistently preaches the free and glorious gospel of love. Subsequently a prosperity gospel is preached or a pray to Mary thing.
No righteous changes will be seen in NM until, seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. Then you will see the changes you so desire. A dog will always return to it's own vomit.
speaking

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

My Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>
. A dog will always return to it's own vomit.
of vomit
Rose Colored My Oh My

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2013

Judged:

speaking wrote:
<quoted text>
of vomit
Please accept my humble apology for speaking without adequate knowledge.

I live a diverse life and keep an open mind but am reminded that not many wise were called to Gods salvation in Christ Jesus. Many years ago I was offered an opportunity to play with the political big dogs and knew then that I would be eaten alive, so I declined.

As God said to Job,'who is this that darkens My hall of council'.

Please forgive me for speaking out of place.

I am only a citizen in hopes of a righteous leader.
No humility

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Rose Colored My Oh My wrote:
<quoted text>
Please accept my humble .
expressed - just ethnic hatred and self-righteous religious bigotry.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

JeffersonQuote wrote:
<quoted text>
Given he was anti-Christian, and just one guy, and voted to keep church and state separate, I think you need to rethink and revisit your beliefs.
He was part of the land company my ancestors, his father, and George Washington were part of, and my family never supported the ideas you espouse here.
Did you notice the gov's 4 of 6 animals died of cancer? That is fast, did she poison them?
If Jefferson was "anti-Christian", then why did he say this?:

"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." - Thomas Jefferson

And as for George Washington? Well, we'll let him speak for himself as well:

"The Commander in Chief directs that Divine Service be performed every Sunday at 11 oClock in the Brigades to which there are Chaplains. Those which have none to attend the Places of worship nearest to them. It is expected that officers of all Ranks will by their attendance set an Example to their men.

While we are zealously performing the duties of good Citizens and Soldiers we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the Higher Duties of Religion.

To the distinguished Character of Patriot, it Should be our Highest Glory to add the more distinguished Character of Christian.

The *'Signal Instances' of 'Providential Goodness' which we have experienced and which have now almost crowned our labours with complete Success, demand from us in a peculiar manner the warmest returns of Gratitude & Piety to the 'Supreme Author of All Good'." - George Washington
Easy

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Atomic Cafe wrote:
<quoted text>

If Jefferson was "anti-Christian", then why did he say this?:
"I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus." - Thomas Jefferson
to contrast his respect for the teachings and philosophy of Christ from those of "Christians."

Still an applicable principle.
Baby puncher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
to contrast his respect for the teachings and philosophy of Christ from those of "Christians."
Oh, Snap!
It is

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Baby puncher wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Snap!
more than a snap. It was what Jefferson was saying, but Atomic Dog is a simply a clueless reposter of bumper sticker level truisms.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

Easy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so fast...he said HE was a Christian. Certainly he was not so arrogant as to believe he was the only one?

I love how you liberals have to read something that isn't there into every founder's quote in order to make it fit your belief system. What you call liberalism only survives today because of lies and deceit.
Atomic Cafe

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2013

Judged:

It is wrote:
<quoted text>
more than a snap. It was what Jefferson was saying, but Atomic Dog is a simply a clueless reposter of bumper sticker level truisms.
Speaking of bumper stickers! Here's one I absolutely LOVE: "If babies had guns, they wouldn't be aborted."

Truer word's never spoken.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bernalillo Discussions

Search the Bernalillo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Video from latest APD-involved shooting released 39 min yes 3
Officer Involved Shooting Latest 3 hr CornDogz 1
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 15 hr Mister Chix 54,846
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 15 hr Mister Chix 105,797
Should Sociopathic Liars be President? 16 hr edmundo 1
NM Lawmakers Want Film/Movies In NM? 16 hr Willothewisp 2
NM Republican Martinez claims NM governor's seat (Nov '10) May '14 kyle richards 232
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bernalillo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Bernalillo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••