New Year's Resolution
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 25, 2012
With one week to go before 2013 now is the time to start making your new year's resolutions.

Post the one or two you feel you will be able to keep.

Nope won't be the first to post mine but shall do so later this week.

No wise remarks, be nice and be honest.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 26, 2012
Once again - I shall endeavor to persevere with what years I have left before the big dirt nap.

- eat less sugar (borderline diabetic)
- eat less carbs (muffin top is back<sigh>
- enjoy my many hobbies even more
- not buy a Windows 8 laptop!!!!!
- completely redo our bathroom this year<Grrrr...>

“There is no spoon”

Since: Feb 08

Edgewood, NM

#3 Dec 26, 2012
I think New Year's Resolutions are bull because if someone is really serious about making positive changes in their life then they'll start right away and not procrastinate until the beginning of the year. Waiting until the New Year to start your resolution doesn't make your resolution better it just means you lost that amount of time from when you thought of the decision and until you started. But that's just me.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#4 Dec 26, 2012
CallousOneToo wrote:
I think New Year's Resolutions are bull because if someone is really serious about making positive changes in their life then they'll start right away and not procrastinate until the beginning of the year. Waiting until the New Year to start your resolution doesn't make your resolution better it just means you lost that amount of time from when you thought of the decision and until you started. But that's just me.
True, to some degree. Thanks to Obamacare, I have a couple of guaranteed resolutions that are very time specific.

No more spine shots for me, no way, no can't! I suppose my resolution should be refined to include no gardening, no bending, no twisting.......easy, I can barely do those things now.

Again, thanks to Obamacare, no more untimely visits to the ER the next time my daughter faints or my husband goes after waiting 24 hours with chest pains. As a friend would say, take 10CCs of suck it up! Yeah, thanks so much Congress!

I don't usually make resolutions, haven't in years. However, this year, they were built right in there for me. After all, steroids, xrays, MRIs are bad for you so we've been done a favor, right?

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Dec 26, 2012
CallousOneToo wrote:
I will not be denied the pleasure of procrastination, nor my right to make chest-pounding narcissistic proclamations of self-improvement.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#6 Dec 27, 2012
Just left of right wrote:
<quoted text>No more spine shots for me, no way, no can't!
Spine shots - oldest son had one earlier this year, said it helped for a little while but... Something to do with a couple compressed disks IIRC. Best of luck my friend.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2012
Four days from now I shall begin a New Year minus Topix.
Yes you read it correctly, I'm closing my account, had enough.
Doubters be warned, I won't reply to your postings after midnight December 31, 2012.
Account will be closed.
Some will be happy, to those I don't care one bit.
Some will be sad seeing me go, to those friends my Email is still good so contact me that way.
But I have put a lot of thought into this decision and feel good about it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#8 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Doubters be warned, I won't reply to your postings after midnight December 31, 2012.
Account will be closed.
Some will be sad seeing me go, to those friends my Email is still good so contact me that way.
Enjoy sir, I for one will remain because on occasion I find intelligent life here and tidbits I didn't know. You could always post gray<VBG>!!!

Location hidden

#9 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Account will be closed.
Well shoot! I am one of those that will be sad :( I hope you reconsider! Remember, everyone breaks a New Year's resolution at one point or another lol!

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Account will be closed.
Your departure will create a temporary disruption of the Topix food chain. But other opinionated old farts, like myself, will adapt and take over the political foraging ground that you are abandoning. Good luck and best wishes.

Flint, MI

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Account will be closed.
New Year's Resolutions should be in one's best interest and I also hate to see you leave Topix. Sometimes we have to take a break from Topix and take several deep breaths,(hence my MIAs) but I do hope to see you return. Stay healthy and safe....

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#12 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Account will be closed.
I am another that will miss you Blunt... I take several breaks from topix from time to time as you well know.. I stick around because there's still a few great friends and people I like here, so I really don't ever think I'll ever leave completely.. I met some beautiful people on the thread and two that have become very special in my life and I thank God for them every day.. You aren't going anywhere partner, you'll miss us too much and you know it.. Take care.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#13 Dec 29, 2012
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am another that will miss you Blunt... I take several breaks from topix from time to time as you well know.. I stick around because there's still a few great friends and people I like here, so I really don't ever think I'll ever leave completely.. I met some beautiful people on the thread and two that have become very special in my life and I thank God for them every day.. You aren't going anywhere partner, you'll miss us too much and you know it.. Take care.
Well said and I agree. I've had to back away from Topix in the past myself. Maybe Blunt should concentrate on a few topic's instead of the entire spectrum, and place a daily time limit on his posting. Just a thought w/ regard to cutting back.

For those who annoy him, he needs to remember God created more horse's butts than he did horse's and some reside here<G>.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#14 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
Account will be closed.
We'll miss you Bluntly...

I'm addicted so...it's a bit harder for me...

However, my resolution...never vote for same politician twice...there you go...term limits...

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#15 Dec 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and I agree. I've had to back away from Topix in the past myself. Maybe Blunt should concentrate on a few topic's instead of the entire spectrum, and place a daily time limit on his posting. Just a thought w/ regard to cutting back.
For those who annoy him, he needs to remember God created more horse's butts than he did horse's and some reside here<G>.
Agreed...

Location hidden

#16 Dec 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
CD, people like dpb don't annoy me, I can relate to his thinking as I can to a few others here, those bullies don't bother me but it is fun replying to their posts to upset them.

You are right, I admit I spend to much time on every post.

Pick my fights is what I should do but I have neglected a few things to the point I need to give more time to them.

Perhaps I might modify it a slight bit and show up once a week but that would be harder to keep instead of just disappearing.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#17 Dec 29, 2012
Take a break & do whatcha gotta do - incl peace of mind, then consider coming back. Nothing wrong with a break at all. I'm usually working on one of my hobbies and as I look up info on my stamps I jump over and see whats new in Topix. I certainly don't stay on the thing all day just for Topix, even though it may seem that way.

Again, pick the topics you like, and limit your time/session or sentences in any response, or # of replies. Moderation is the name of the game sir!

Location hidden

#18 Dec 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!! No one annoys me anymore, life is just too too short.. I have so many hobbies started and some house projects going that I don't have the time to take people all that serious.. After all, there's lots of flies on those horse's butts..

Location hidden

#19 Dec 29, 2012
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
After all, there's lots of flies on those horse's butts..
Ah, so one of your hobbies is counting flies on horses butts!

Very Interesting..........

Location hidden

#20 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so one of your hobbies is counting flies on horses butts!
Very Interesting..........
LOL Well back in the farm..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ill and Diseased Hillary Clinton 2 hr Ophilla 70
how about that first debate! 3 hr Pacheco 18
News Super lice becomes a bigger problem in Albuquerque 3 hr Ojal 29
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr Alfred 62,422
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr new parrot 113,399
If the Cliton Global Initiative is a good idea ... 5 hr So the 10
Boys and exhaust noise 7 hr Tier 3

Bernalillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance