created by: brian | Nov 27, 2012

Albuquerque, NM

35 votes

Should Abortions be Allowed When There is a Fetal Heartbeat?

Click on an option to vote

• Why not, Jim Villanucci would support that
  • We slaughter the Unborn like Pigs ,so what?
  • Obamaites Lust After Condoms & Abortion
  • Women Sluts Love Slicing up their Unborn
  • Gimme my Foodstamps & screw the USA
  • Screw the heart of the unborn child-kill it
  • No Fathers! Just Sex and Abortion.
  • Gimme my birth control and you pay for it.
  • We slaughter pigs, so why not the unborn?
  • Praise be to Obama mephestopheles
Comments
141 - 160 of 304 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2013
dpb

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Actually there is little "wrong with the world today..." Only in your little, self-centered mind is there something "wrong with the world..." The World is just fine, spinning and rotating away, as it has forever, before you existed and after you are gone. The problem is the arrogance of the Human Race and the self-interest of each and every one in it -- Perhaps we need to evolve a bit and give the World a break from our insecurity, greed and hatred for those unlike ourselves. None of us is "special" we live, we die -- That's it folks -- read "Ozymandias" by Percy Shelly and apply it to yourself.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you couldn't figure I was talking about Phil's post.. You have your opinion and I have mine.. You go ahead and harm all the babies you want, if that makes you feel better and free..
I guess you don't realize that people don't necessarily read every post and can respond to any individual comment as they like. You go ahead and bray your little opinion all you want, if that make you feel better and in control...

;-)

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

If the GOP wants to get the Whitehouse back in 2017, they need to abort the religious extremists who have a strangle hold on their party platform. If Romney had not chosen the anti-abortion zealot Ryan as his running mate, the outcome of the 2012 election may well have been different.

But this thread demonstrates that the lessons of 2012 have fallen on many deaf ears. Anyone who is opposed to abortion has the right not to have one. But they do not have the right to impose their religious and moral beliefs on everyone else.

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

dpb wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that makes you a hypocrite
No, it makes me human, with free will. IIt makes me a better Christian than someone who pretends to be such, and does the exact opposite. I will leave the judging to God.
BTW, I know you are not the real dpb, as his location always shows in Colorado. Nice try though!

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it makes me human, with free will. IIt makes me a better Christian than someone who pretends to be such, and does the exact opposite. I will leave the judging to God.
BTW, I know you are not the real dpb, as his location always shows in Colorado. Nice try though!
Most of the Catholic women in my family have the same view as you...that abortion is between the individual woman and God. They are also getting tired of having the church try to tell them how to vote.

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Ol' Juarez

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the Catholic women in my family have the same view as you...that abortion is between the individual woman and God. They are also getting tired of having the church try to tell them how to vote.
Hey Lobo, it sounds like the women in your family feel as I do. As I have stated, I am Pro Choice, not Pro Abortion. I do feel that it is between a woman and God.
Oh boy, I don't know if you saw it, but during the days preceding the election the Catholic Church had a thing on the internet telling people how to vote. It infuriates me that they do that.

“26.2”

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boy, I don't know if you saw it, but during the days preceding the election the Catholic Church had a thing on the internet telling people how to vote. It infuriates me that they do that.
I don't go to church, but I do remember you posting about their political activity. Churches certainly have the right to free speech, but they should not be tax exempt if they try to influence the outcome of elections or legislation. Some of these churches worship the allmighty dollar almost as much as they worship God. But their tax exempt status is too much of a sacred cow for Congress to mess with.

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Ol' Juarez

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't go to church, but I do remember you posting about their political activity. Churches certainly have the right to free speech, but they should not be tax exempt if they try to influence the outcome of elections or legislation. Some of these churches worship the allmighty dollar almost as much as they worship God. But their tax exempt status is too much of a sacred cow for Congress to mess with.
I think it is all churches worship the almighty dollar. IMO, if they want to be tax exempt then they should stay out of politics. Free speech should be that of the individual person, not that of organized religion telling the individual how to vote, or they should lose their tax exemption.
To The Point

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Higher calling wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about "staying out of ... a woman's body" but respecting life at all stages, from conception until natural death. Try learning and understandingvwhat the Catholic Church's beliefs are.
This is what is wrong with the world today--no respect for lives of others, only respect for one's own selfish wants. What separates human beings from animals is the ability to have an understanding of more than just base survival. It is just laziness on the part of people today to give into base, animalistic desires without regard to the consequence of their actions, rather than conduct themselves in a way that lives up to a life of morals and high standards that respects all human beings and living things. Sometimes I think some species of animals show more "humanity" to other animals than human beings do for each other.
Beautifully written.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Higher calling wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about "staying out of ... a woman's body" but respecting life at all stages, from conception until natural death. Try learning and understandingvwhat the Catholic Church's beliefs are.
This is what is wrong with the world today--no respect for lives of others, only respect for one's own selfish wants. What separates human beings from animals is the ability to have an understanding of more than just base survival. It is just laziness on the part of people today to give into base, animalistic desires without regard to the consequence of their actions, rather than conduct themselves in a way that lives up to a life of morals and high standards that respects all human beings and living things. Sometimes I think some species of animals show more "humanity" to other animals than human beings do for each other.
Thank you...excellent post...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Lobo Viejo wrote:
If the GOP wants to get the Whitehouse back in 2017, they need to abort the religious extremists who have a strangle hold on their party platform. If Romney had not chosen the anti-abortion zealot Ryan as his running mate, the outcome of the 2012 election may well have been different.
But this thread demonstrates that the lessons of 2012 have fallen on many deaf ears. Anyone who is opposed to abortion has the right not to have one. But they do not have the right to impose their religious and moral beliefs on everyone else.
Yet the rights of those that do excercise their consciences are being imposed upon by taxes supporting abortion and other various anti-christian "so-called medical" practices...

Kind of like how Germany's taxes went to pay for the...cleansing procedures of certain camps...

I don't think you have any idea of what real imposition is...

Go visit one of the muslim countries and find out...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

fmer505-1951 wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is all churches worship the almighty dollar. IMO, if they want to be tax exempt then they should stay out of politics. Free speech should be that of the individual person, not that of organized religion telling the individual how to vote, or they should lose their tax exemption.
Seriously? Churches can't speak out on the morality of a candidate?

Fmer...there are times I worry about your mind...I know your heart means well...but as christians there is a scripture that says the heart is deceitful above all else...we can't trust our feelings we have to live by faith...

But you and Lobo have that freedom to follow your own conscience as do we on the opposite side...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
The church as a moral obligation to speak out...it failed to speak out and went along with Hitler...Bonhoeffer opposed that view...

Perhaps rather than repeating the disinformation of the left...the mantra that they repeat over and over because they think if they do...it might actually be true...

“More Brains Than .....”

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

If you belive in a man that had magic, strength giving hair, then you may not tell others what is ok.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Phil the Grillmaster wrote:
If you belive in a man that had magic, strength giving hair, then you may not tell others what is ok.
Nope...don't believe that...

“I ain't afraid of no ghosts.”

Since: Aug 08

Dear old mucky Drasnia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...don't believe that...
So you are picking and choosing which parts of your "Bible" you believe in?

“More Brains Than .....”

Since: Sep 11

..a Zombie Thanksgiving

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

If you believe a man lived in a whale, I believe you to be insane.

And then if you get a big enough group of people to believe that BS, you can then take their money and try to get laws passed.

I can't believe some people.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Silk_the_Absent1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are picking and choosing which parts of your "Bible" you believe in?
Samson didn't get strength from his hair...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Phil the Grillmaster wrote:
If you believe a man lived in a whale, I believe you to be insane.
And then if you get a big enough group of people to believe that BS, you can then take their money and try to get laws passed.
I can't believe some people.
Don't believe that either...

“Kees Mee, I's Ireesh”

Ol' Juarez

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the rights of those that do excercise their consciences are being imposed upon by taxes supporting abortion and other various anti-christian "so-called medical" practices...
Kind of like how Germany's taxes went to pay for the...cleansing procedures of certain camps...
I don't think you have any idea of what real imposition is...
Go visit one of the muslim countries and find out...
You remind me of someone with OCD. You can't focus on anything but what happen in the past, during WWII. If you are so obsessed with that era, why not study it to the point of becoming a Historian.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 21 min fmer505-1951 55,081
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 25 min fmer505-1951 106,012
Bernalillo man leads officers on high-speed pur... 3 hr samar 1
Former police officer appeals termination 4 hr Moon is innocent 18
Albuquerque Music Emporium (Oct '12) 22 hr Musikologist 27
Politix- Double Standards, Hypocrisy, unAmerica... Tue GedankPol 1
gates of hell (Nov '13) Tue Silk_the_Absent1 25
•••
•••
•••