How to fix the fiscal cliff

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#21 Dec 6, 2012
Hey KM, slow day at work so your mind starts working hard?

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#22 Dec 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't want to copy & paste the whole thing...computer hung for a little bit...
TG for that! I can see why it'd hang up<G>!

“Shoot First, Think Never”

Since: Jun 09

Elk Grove

#23 Dec 6, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
TG for that! I can see why it'd hang up<G>!
LOL!
Gee Oh Pee

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Dec 28, 2012
GOP is AGAIN out of touch.

I simply can't believe how F'up'd the republicans are.(little r)

The last echoes of the loser GW Bush doing the wrong thing, and they want to fall on sword for that idiot.

No wonder the GOP lost the election.

Case Closed.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#25 Dec 28, 2012
America had the opportunity to fix this mess a month ago but were unwilling to step up to the plate and do so. Now we get what we asked for and allowed!!

“Could it be......Satan?!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#26 Dec 29, 2012
I think the first entitlements that should be cut by Congress/The President are:

1.- the subsidized cheap haircuts at the Capitol

2.- the subsidized cheap meals at the Capitol

3.- the international and national travel "junkets" by Representatives and Senators

4.- the obscenely generous health, dental and optical benefits that Representatives and Senators receive.

5.- the obscenely generous retirement pay that Representatives and Senators receive.

Let's start AT THE TOP with the cutting. Set an example to the Americans that Congress is asking to sacrifice. Begin with yourselves, you lazy, inconsiderate, tunnel-visioned jackasses!

Location hidden

#27 Dec 29, 2012
ChurchLadyAbq wrote:
I think the first entitlements that should be cut by Congress/The President are:
3.- the international and national travel "junkets" by Representatives and Senators
4.- the obscenely generous health, dental and optical benefits that Representatives and Senators receive.
5.- the obscenely generous retirement pay that Representatives and Senators receive.
Let's start AT THE TOP with the cutting. Set an example to the Americans that Congress is asking to sacrifice. Begin with yourselves, you lazy, inconsiderate, tunnel-visioned jackasses!
The top = President Obama.

How about adding when traveling on Official business he goes, the family stays behind and for sure his kids. I see only one real reason he takes his kids, to see the world on our tax dollars.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#28 Dec 29, 2012
ChurchLadyAbq wrote:
They should all be forced to use Obamacare just like the rest of the people are.
They should all have to pay for their own meals like everyone else has to.
Remove 90% of their perks and subsidies and have them identify and justify those they retain.
Cut their pay by 50%.
Yeah

Huntsville, AL

#29 Dec 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
They should all be forced to use Obamacare just like the rest of the people are.
They should all have to pay for their own meals like everyone else has to.
Remove 90% of their perks and subsidies and have them identify and justify those they retain.
Cut their pay by 50%.
that would have a positive effect on anything. LOL

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#30 Dec 29, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
that would have a positive effect on anything. LOL
Just a starting point, not exclusive or inclusive. Congress is the problem and that's where to start - even though voters are ultimately to blame for allowing these vermin to run amok.

Since: Dec 10

Albuquerque

#31 Dec 29, 2012
We are at this point because the GOP gambled and lost. They were SO SURE they couldn't lose in November, and so they kicked the fiscal ball down the road thinking they'd be in better shape by the day after the election.

Instead, they lost big time and are now nothing more than eunuchs who can't stop bragging about what big balls they have.

We're going to get a budget agreement because too many wealthy and middle class AMericans tand to lose way too much if this oges on much longer. And nobody will suffer more than New Mexico...which is in the unique position of being dependent on the Feds for nearly everything, rich or poor, white or not, young or old.

SO probably by the end of this next week we will have a deal. Nobody is going to be truly happy, but the GOP will end up losing the most and trying the hardest to pretend otherwise. Since November 6th it's been a classic case of the slow-realization that they're going to lose either the ordinary Americans or the true conservative believers. They know they can't win again without both.

Their long-term best bet is to cut loose the fundamentalists and the libertarians, and work to reclaim a big enough share of the middle that's always up for grabs. If they fail to do that, and the Dems are smart enough to keep both the middle and the left, they'll pick off the House in 2014 and give us a real chance of fixing what 30 years of Republican bullshit has done to ruin the American Dream.

Location hidden

#32 Dec 29, 2012
walterfm wrote:
We are at this point because the GOP gambled and lost. They were SO SURE they couldn't lose in November, and so they kicked the fiscal ball down the road thinking they'd be in better shape by the day after the election.
Instead, they lost big time and are now nothing more than eunuchs who can't stop bragging about what big balls they have.
We're going to get a budget agreement because too many wealthy and middle class AMericans tand to lose way too much if this oges on much longer. And nobody will suffer more than New Mexico...which is in the unique position of being dependent on the Feds for nearly everything, rich or poor, white or not, young or old.
SO probably by the end of this next week we will have a deal. Nobody is going to be truly happy, but the GOP will end up losing the most and trying the hardest to pretend otherwise. Since November 6th it's been a classic case of the slow-realization that they're going to lose either the ordinary Americans or the true conservative believers. They know they can't win again without both.
Their long-term best bet is to cut loose the fundamentalists and the libertarians, and work to reclaim a big enough share of the middle that's always up for grabs. If they fail to do that, and the Dems are smart enough to keep both the middle and the left, they'll pick off the House in 2014 and give us a real chance of fixing what 30 years of Republican bullshit has done to ruin the American Dream.
You seem to have a problem also blaming the Democrats and other lesser party members.

It takes all of them to come to terms on things and if all gave up their perks and pork that would surely help.

But it is not only the Republicans here, might also consider President Obama insisting on some issues he WANTS as part of this deal too.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#33 Dec 29, 2012
walterfm wrote:
Meanwhile back in the USS of A where the election was 2 months ago, its time to dwell on the problem, not yesterdays news that Romney lost.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#34 Dec 29, 2012
I'd almost agree that letting it occur would be a good thing, but then I reflect upon the ignorance and apathy of voters and know they'd not remember this BS come the next election for any of the malignant tumors of both party's we have in congress.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#35 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have a problem also blaming the Democrats and other lesser party members.
It takes all of them to come to terms on things and if all gave up their perks and pork that would surely help.
But it is not only the Republicans here, might also consider President Obama insisting on some issues he WANTS as part of this deal too.
wally the wanker lives in the past, under a bridge like a good little troll toking up all day. He's unable to focus long enough to maintain a presence in today's world.

Elk Grove

#36 Dec 29, 2012
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2061782049001/repo...

Looks like lawmakers {Democrats as usual} are looking to find another way in our pockets...

If you drive in 2013 look for a mileage tax around the bend to hit your wallet...courtesy of our friendly neighborhood progressive liberals again...how nice...

How about the progressive liberals elected just confiscate all our pay checks and decide how much we should all get?

Oh yeah...I forget...so do they...they work for US not us for THEM...

Hello...

If I pay a mileage tax...so should every person walking and biking...

Not to mention...anyone breathing...

Hellified heck...

Progressive liberals for the poor my ass...

Elk Grove

#37 Dec 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
I'd almost agree that letting it occur would be a good thing, but then I reflect upon the ignorance and apathy of voters and know they'd not remember this BS come the next election for any of the malignant tumors of both party's we have in congress.
Letting the fiscal cliff occur is a good thing...one proviso...everyone in congress MUST not take a paycheck UNTIL they figure something out...

If they are truly supposed to be identified with just us average Americans...they need to know what it feels like to be an average American...

Elk Grove

#38 Dec 29, 2012
Bluntly Spoken wrote:
<quoted text>
They insist on fighting for themselves and their jobs...

{Sigh}

Another term of this craziness...

We need a good ol' Syrian civil war part 2 over here...

Elk Grove

#39 Dec 29, 2012
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a starting point, not exclusive or inclusive. Congress is the problem and that's where to start - even though voters are ultimately to blame for allowing these vermin to run amok.
We keep voting in the same incumbents over and over and over again...

And we wonder...why is it the same?

Well duh!

Location hidden

#40 Dec 29, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/206 1782049001/report-lawmakers-pu shing-mileage-tax-for-2013/?pl aylist_id=930909734001
Looks like lawmakers {Democrats as usual} are looking to find another way in our pockets...
If you drive in 2013 look for a mileage tax around the bend to hit your wallet...courtesy of our friendly neighborhood progressive liberals again...how nice...
How about the progressive liberals elected just confiscate all our pay checks and decide how much we should all get?
Oh yeah...I forget...so do they...they work for US not us for THEM...
Hello...
If I pay a mileage tax...so should every person walking and biking...
Not to mention...anyone breathing...
Hellified heck...
Progressive liberals for the poor my ass...
Hey if they want a mileage tax let them also tax bicycles, motorcycles, give those who walk a pedometer and tax the mileage walked too.

Might as well put some sort of gizmo on skates and skateboards and anything else that people use to get around, horses included.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 51 min new parrot 116,050
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 2 hr FRMR-fmer505-195 1 65,066
News Cody Posey release imminent - Ruidoso News (Mar '10) 4 hr Maryjones 191
Ellen Snyder Murder Sentencing Today, July 19... (Jul '11) 7 hr Rio 66
News 'A total distraction': ABQ teacher union head b... Sat Dee Dee Dee 4
the fbi and another flub up Sat coyote505 6
How Many Dacas? 800,000 is now 1.7 million Sat Bloodonhishands 5

Bernalillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance