Yee talks about tax lightning

Yee talks about tax lightning

There are 22 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from May 14, 2011, titled Yee talks about tax lightning. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

County Assessor Donald Yee spoke about the controversial issue of tax lightning for homeowners at the Republican Woman of Otero County monthly luncheon meeting on May 4. Tax lightning is part of a 2001 law viewed by 2nd Judicial District Judge Theresa Baca as unconstitutional.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Michael Morris

Carrizozo, NM

#21 May 17, 2011
mssl wrote:
<quoted text>
I still don't see it. Are you talking about the 14th Amendment? No specifics have been presented here.
It was simply a quote for a judge's ruling posted in response to a question. I have no opinion on the subject since equal protection under the law is a long retired concept in american law.

For instance, under the Martwick administration at the DA's office a cop dealing cocaine armed from his patrol car is given a near free pass while at the same time she seeks prison time for the guy with a thimble full of pot. Cop shoots you he gets a week off with pay and a promotion. You shoot a cop, life in prison. If you spend $10k on spa treatments it is deductible from taxes as a medical expense, but an emergency room visit is not for the poor fellow that cannot afford to spend the threshold on his health. Heck the income tax system is a really good example.

I feel like we may have lost that right by being a society based on gaining an advantage over the other guy by legislation designed specifically to treat classes of persons differently.
Lives in Alamogordo

Alamogordo, NM

#22 May 17, 2011
How is it that Yee can increase my real estate taxes every year by 3% when people are underwater, property values are down all over, and unemployment makes paying your mortage hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump rally draws thousands to Albuquerq... 17 min Go Blue Forever 21
News Former President Clinton to campaign for Hillar... 24 min Go Blue Forever 67
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 36 min Mister Chix 61,546
Vote Trump! 49 min Betty 29
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Mister Chix 112,331
News Protesters throw rocks, bottles at police outsi... 1 hr spud 44
Who Are the Five Worst Presidents in United Sta... 2 hr Charles 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bernalillo Mortgages