1st part of river trail opens: $235,0...

1st part of river trail opens: $235,000 addition offers safe wa...

There are 2 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 27, 2010, titled 1st part of river trail opens: $235,000 addition offers safe wa.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Robert Hernandez, left, and a fellow Sunland Park municipal employee walk the new Sunland Park walking and biking river trail that recently opened.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

tanilo del chuco

Lebanon, OH

#1 Apr 28, 2010
How great!

...except: WHY DO THEY INSIST, IN L.A. and L. Paso, in calling them BIKE paths!!!?? Call me paranoid. But I've lived in every Southwestern state, two midwestern states, and a deep south state, and ONLY in TWO places--L.A. and L. Paso, do they just kind of give up, and half-heartedly call these BIKE paths. Don't you understand the arrogance and elitism this generates in the Mommy's little big shots on roller skates, and Daddy's precious little elite princesses, with their bikes? In LA county, they actually CHASE MOTHERS WITH RUNNING STROLLERS OFF THE PATHS! If you aren't (1) a USC Grad,(2) a Beemer pot smoking, cokehead, and (3) a rider of a f***g "mountain bike," you are considered somewhere between peon and illegal alien.

Go to Scottsdale. Go to Mesa. Go to Phoenix. Go to Reno. Go to Vegas. Go to MommyWhom Austin. Go to Rockford Illinois. Go to Lakewood, CO. Go to Farmington, NM. Go to SL City, UT. Go to St. Louis, MO. Etc., etc.:

The best cities include all outdoor exercising citizens--they have MULTIUSE trails.

Come on, El Paso: you can do better than dismissing 75% of your population away from truly narrow-minded "bike trails." Is it so God d..d hard to name them "multiuse trails," thereby including all the tax paying, war fighting public???? Eh? Que pues, topos?
Tony

El Paso, TX

#2 Apr 28, 2010
tanilo del chuco...
You may want to work on your reading comprehension, the story is about Sunland Park, New Mexico..not El Paso, Texas but FYI, we currently call them "Hike & Bike Trails" in El Paso.

You wrote all that because you are quibbling with the terminology as if it somehow offends or alienates potential users?

Classic example of over the top political correctness..trying to be all things to all people for no common sense reason at all.

Ironic that you make such a big deal about the name of the trails and yet you can't manage to spell El Paso correctly...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 min fmer505-1951 58,464
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 9 min fmer505-1951 109,169
Poll Feminists Oppose The Name "Super Girl" Choose A... 46 min Go figr 23
News Locals say southern flag not a threat 5 hr Mr oH 87
News Church offers free school supplies (Aug '09) 9 hr patricia 87
Two Blasts In NM Churches--Las Cruces 9 hr Queen 29
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 10 hr Irene 445
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bernalillo Mortgages