NM sheriff facing charges after traff...

NM sheriff facing charges after traffic stop

There are 19 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Oct 1, 2010, titled NM sheriff facing charges after traffic stop. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Authorities say Sandoval County's sheriff is facing charges stemming from a traffic stop in Albuquerque in August.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Great Scott

Las Vegas, NM

#1 Oct 1, 2010
He should have been stopped in Mesilla. There he could hang out with Deputy Serna, have a bunch of booze, get smashed, and go driving with a concealed gun. AND BE FORGIVEN!!!

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 2, 2010
This is what happens when Rexall Rangers get big heads. This drug store cowboy has been pulling shenanigans for years ow, and its finally catching up to him.
ZiaMiddleView

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Oct 2, 2010
It's about time. This guy has received "preferential" treatment for years and finally got a citation. Of course they let him off on speeding/ tailgating (in a construction zone) and running a red light. I wonder if the state police would let me get away with those things. I doubt it.

Watch, it will be dismissed before court or some other irregularity will happen. It's well known in ABQ that APD officers can be "bought" not to show for court (usually for DWIs). Of course it takes the right lawyer to do the brokering too.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#4 Oct 2, 2010
ZiaMiddleView wrote:
It's about time. This guy has received "preferential" treatment for years and finally got a citation. Of course they let him off on speeding/ tailgating (in a construction zone) and running a red light. I wonder if the state police would let me get away with those things. I doubt it.
Watch, it will be dismissed before court or some other irregularity will happen. It's well known in ABQ that APD officers can be "bought" not to show for court (usually for DWIs). Of course it takes the right lawyer to do the brokering too.
The only redeeming factor is that he's reached the end of his term and term limits prohibit him from running for a 3rd. However I suspect he'll apply someplace else and continue his antics. This clown is a REAL piece of work!
Convicted

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 3, 2010
Albuquerque Democrat wrote:
John Trujillo has been harrassed enough. If he were a white sheriff he wouldn;y have been charged.
That's right, he'd have been CONVICTED!
Not Guilty

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Oct 3, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
This is what happens when Rexall Rangers get big heads. This drug store cowboy has been pulling shenanigans for years ow, and its finally catching up to him.
Do you have an online link showing what he did, or else could you elaborate?

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#8 Oct 4, 2010
Not Guilty wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have an online link showing what he did, or else could you elaborate?
Google John Paul Trujillo and/or Sandoval County Sheriff and you should get all manner of hits. This joker runs the gambit. He's out there on the fringe for sure.

This last one was speeding to the scene of a motorcycle accident - one that had happened a day prior! The CA license plate is too much, and he used it! He knows better. He does what he darned well pleases because he's the Sheriff it seems. His record spans 8 years.

Before that he was caught jumping into the front seat of his county SUV @ the FailRunner stop in Bernalillo pulling up his pants and someone else in the back. It was reported to be rocking all over which raised suspicion. He said he was doing some kind of 'drug' surveillance.

He's pulled guns on people @ routine traffic stops when there was no call to do so scaring the crap out of several.
ZiaMiddleView

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Oct 4, 2010
Also was involved in threats regarding the wife of a deputy and a road rage incident. The guy is a loose cannon who has let the badge go to his head.

The most recent allegation involves speeds of up to 80mph in a construction zone, supposedly in response to a motorcycle accident as CornDogz noted above. After being chased for miles by the state police, Trujillo runs a red light and finally stops, refusing to obey police commands. Finally he jumps out and shows he is a cop. The SUV he was driving had CA plates which were registered to a NM Honda Accord. State police thought the SUV was stolen given the plates didn't match the vehicle.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#10 Oct 4, 2010
And IIRC, he did not have his emergency lights on so there was no way NMSP had a clue he was a LEO, As I further recall, I think he failed to exit his vehicle when ordered to which is what caused NMSP to draw their weapons. HE stayed in it for around a minute or thereabouts Upon finally exiting he moved towards them very fast and was quite belligerent too.

You're right, he is a VERY LOOSE cannon!

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#11 Oct 4, 2010
Add to that the fact his windows are very heavily tinted and NMSP had no idea what the heck he was doing when he wouldn't exit as ordered.
Tells It Like It Is

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Oct 6, 2010
He will become Undersheriff, for the present Undersheriff, who will become Sheriff, then nonsense
will continue, Sandoval County Voters, will you ever
wake up. and elect a qualified Sheriff??????????
LOL at Martinez

United States

#13 Oct 6, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
Add to that the fact his windows are very heavily tinted and NMSP had no idea what the heck he was doing when he wouldn't exit as ordered.
They run plates before exiting their vehicles, so I seriously doubt that.
LOL at Martinez

United States

#14 Oct 6, 2010
I saw the list-he's right, if having sex is a crime, while receiving tax-paid for cash, then there are a lot of people at LANL in trouble-including masturbating and having sex over the roof of TA-55.

No one was ever busted, despite security cameras, too.

But it isn't.

But it does make me wonder.

Think this sheriff helped out a friend of someone I know, back on leave from the Marine corp. Someone tried to set him up, and the sheriff noticed it and cleared him, so he coudl go back to the base. Wasn't the marines fault, either.
LOL at Martinez

United States

#15 Oct 6, 2010
CornDogz wrote:
<quoted text>
Google John Paul Trujillo and/or Sandoval County Sheriff and you should get all manner of hits. This joker runs the gambit. He's out there on the fringe for sure.
This last one was speeding to the scene of a motorcycle accident - one that had happened a day prior! The CA license plate is too much, and he used it! He knows better. He does what he darned well pleases because he's the Sheriff it seems. His record spans 8 years.
Before that he was caught jumping into the front seat of his county SUV @ the FailRunner stop in Bernalillo pulling up his pants and someone else in the back. It was reported to be rocking all over which raised suspicion. He said he was doing some kind of 'drug' surveillance.
He's pulled guns on people @ routine traffic stops when there was no call to do so scaring the crap out of several.
that was fro ma blog, without a citation, so as of right now, there is no actual proof that happened. I noticed too, the site was registered in Belgium-if it's happening here, why that? To cove whoever is making the allegations, which of course are not cited at all.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 6, 2010
LOL at Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>
They run plates before exiting their vehicles, so I seriously doubt that.
That's what the news reported the night it occurred. Maybe it was due to his dark windows -AND- due his excessive speeding in the construction zone.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#17 Oct 6, 2010
LOL at Martinez wrote:
I saw the list-he's right, if having sex is a crime, while receiving tax-paid for cash, then there are a lot of people at LANL in trouble-including masturbating and having sex over the roof of TA-55.
No one was ever busted, despite security cameras, too.
But it isn't.
But it does make me wonder.
Think this sheriff helped out a friend of someone I know, back on leave from the Marine corp. Someone tried to set him up, and the sheriff noticed it and cleared him, so he coudl go back to the base. Wasn't the marines fault, either.
Having sex IN a county vehicle while ON the clock is definitely against the rules. The fact it wasn't pursued reeks of professional(?) courtesy.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#18 Oct 6, 2010
LOL at Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>
that was fro ma blog, without a citation, so as of right now, there is no actual proof that happened. I noticed too, the site was registered in Belgium-if it's happening here, why that? To cove whoever is making the allegations, which of course are not cited at all.
Nothing is EVER covered here unless it gets federal attention or it becomes such a blatant issue there is simply no way to cover it up. All this was well covered in the local news at the time.
ZiaMiddleView

Albuquerque, NM

#19 Oct 6, 2010
CornDogz, don't even bother giving LOL the time of day. The guy is from Peona, AZ. If you've ever been there you'd understand.

“US Navy”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 6, 2010
ZiaMiddleView wrote:
CornDogz, don't even bother giving LOL the time of day. The guy is from Peona, AZ. If you've ever been there you'd understand.
Lol, since Google doesn't recognize Peona I suspect you're right<G>. Not been to Peoria either even though I've done greater PHX numerous times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mexico police officer fatally shot; person ... 3 hr Rio Rancho Resident 80
News New Mexico's commuter rail line faced with fina... 6 hr Joe 44
Review: Adults On Rio Bravo (Nov '10) 6 hr Joe 621
Only a 50% Rise in Premiums by the Blues 6 hr Sam 16
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 8 hr Mister Chix 57,663
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 9 hr new parrot 108,355
Power Ford Has Hired a Registered Sex Offender 11 hr fmer505-1951 112
More from around the web

Bernalillo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]