VA services for US heroes & Obamacare

VA services for US heroes & Obamacare

Posted in the Bernalillo Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Albuquerque, NM

#1 May 17, 2014
The VA medical system is, and has been a model that every voter could use as a barometer for Obamacare. As a veteran, I have first hand knowledge of the VA medical machine while working in the ABQ facility after my active duty. I attended college under the old G.I. Bill and was required to work 24 hours per week in the hospital as an out-patient aid. Fortunately I have had medical coverage provided by my employers and do not depend on the services earned during my enlistment. Those who think that any government agency is capable of the task of providing any type of medicine is either stupid or ignorant. My heart goes out to the brave men and women that has donned an American military uniform and now look to their country for medical confort. This Saturday is Armed Forces Day and I will demand that both the VA and Obamacare be appealed and replaced with vouchers for real, private medical services. Please join me on the first Tuesday in November and let the elected members of Congress know that you are not satisfied with the status quo.

“Eys so hendsum!”

Since: Jun 09

Ol' Juarez

#2 May 17, 2014
The problem has been a long stananding one at the VA. My partners father's blood work was ignored. He was taken to St. Vincent's in Santa Fe, and he was admitted into the ICU. Reason? His thyroid was way out of whack and that led to other problems. Within a few months he had a heart attack, again VA ignored the blood work. That was in 2006. You don't have to like Obamacare, but it has nothing to do with the problems the VA has. I agree though that the VA should be providing better service for our men & women. The wait time for an appointment to see a physician is absolutely too long. Sometimes it is 4 months or more out. Things have to change.
it will

Albuquerque, NM

#3 May 17, 2014
not get any better with the aca.
Nope

Huntsville, AL

#4 May 17, 2014
TheSilverBullet wrote:
unrelated.
Remember when

Las Cruces, NM

#5 May 18, 2014
TheSilverBullet wrote:
The VA medical system is, and has been a model that every voter could use as a barometer for Obamacare. As a veteran, I have first hand knowledge of the VA medical machine while working in the ABQ facility after my active duty. I attended college under the old G.I. Bill and was required to work 24 hours per week in the hospital as an out-patient aid. Fortunately I have had medical coverage provided by my employers and do not depend on the services earned during my enlistment. Those who think that any government agency is capable of the task of providing any type of medicine is either stupid or ignorant. My heart goes out to the brave men and women that has donned an American military uniform and now look to their country for medical confort. This Saturday is Armed Forces Day and I will demand that both the VA and Obamacare be appealed and replaced with vouchers for real, private medical services. Please join me on the first Tuesday in November and let the elected members of Congress know that you are not satisfied with the status quo.
events were being reported by the TV media and those 'journalists' were investigating on the Walter Reed VA Medical Center (again this had to do with veterans), the media reported and the public wanted George Bush's head and he and the Administration was being held accountable.

My question now is where is the media? Where are those 'journalists' that are so keen on reporting and investigating?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17732455/ns/us_news...
http://www.npr.org/series/8896683/failures-in...

Will President Barack Obama go to the Phoenix VA Center and apologize?
it has

Huntsville, AL

#6 May 18, 2014
Remember when wrote:
<quoted text>
been covered everyday, bonehead. The agency has had trouble for generations which seem to stem from a bad mix of the worse aspects of military/medical culture, outmoded facilities and record keeping, piss poor funding, high expectations and in this case cheating to measure up to a performance metric that they aren't equipped to achieve.
And

Huntsville, AL

#7 May 18, 2014
cheap politics achieves nothing.
Definitely

Las Cruces, NM

#9 May 18, 2014
And wrote:
cheap politics achieves nothing.
the formula of the Obama WhiteHouse: "Cheap Politics HAS ACHIEVED nothing"…..and doing nothing now over the V/A (like so many other failures) only livens how political this administration with the support of NBC and mainstream news.
You are

Huntsville, AL

#10 May 18, 2014
Definitely wrote:
<quoted text>
the one trying to insert cheap politics into this. Read your damn posts.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#11 May 19, 2014
Scheduling problems with the Abq. VA Hospital go back a long ways. Surgery and Biopsies have always had a horrendous waiting list. Has nothing to do with obama or obamacare and goes back 3 presidents just in my personal experience. Couldn't find a better bunch of Doctors, but when they order test or surgery done it's out of their court and in the hands of the red tape scheduling machine.

Since: Apr 10

Albuquerque, NM

#12 May 29, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
unrelated.
it has wrote:
<quoted text>
been covered everyday, bonehead. The agency has had trouble for generations which seem to stem from a bad mix of the worse aspects of military/medical culture, outmoded facilities and record keeping, piss poor funding, high expectations and in this case cheating to measure up to a performance metric that they aren't equipped to achieve.
And wrote:
cheap politics achieves nothing.
You are wrote:
<quoted text>
the one trying to insert cheap politics into this. Read your damn posts.
Take ownership of your pathetic responses. I may be wrong be these post have the feel of the same author. Typical of the septic tank of the democrats that will do or say anything to justify their voting of Obama and his inept administration. You signally, or your many alias used on this thread to create support for yourself is, well lets say, interesting.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 May 29, 2014
TheSilverBullet wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Take ownership of your pathetic responses. I may be wrong be these post have the feel of the same author. Typical of the septic tank of the democrats that will do or say anything to justify their voting of Obama and his inept administration. You signally, or your many alias used on this thread to create support for yourself is, well lets say, interesting.
They're all the same tin foil hat clown from Santa Fe. The only thing I'll give him is he's consistent in his responses - being blind to facts and only seeing one dimensionally. However on a rare occasion I find he and I agree on an issue.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#14 May 30, 2014
fmer505-1951 wrote:
The problem has been a long stananding one at the VA. My partners father's blood work was ignored. He was taken to St. Vincent's in Santa Fe, and he was admitted into the ICU. Reason? His thyroid was way out of whack and that led to other problems. Within a few months he had a heart attack, again VA ignored the blood work. That was in 2006. You don't have to like Obamacare, but it has nothing to do with the problems the VA has. I agree though that the VA should be providing better service for our men & women. The wait time for an appointment to see a physician is absolutely too long. Sometimes it is 4 months or more out. Things have to change.
You like to spin it anyway you can... Here's what Obama said about ObamaCare concerning the VA:

In vowing to make the Veterans Administration the model of national health-care reform back in 2008, the outlook for scandal-plagued Obamacare suddenly seems even worse.

WND has discovered that during his transition into the White House in 2008-09, President Obama proposed in his “Obama-Biden” plan to “make the VA a leader of national health care reform so that veterans get the best care possible.”

However, instead of fixing the VA, the administration has had to defend its role in the death of veterans by neglect.

Meanwhile, WND is reporting that eight years earlier, in a failed run for Congress, Obama unveiled a sweeping health-care plan that modeled aspects of the Veterans Administration’s medical system
•The Washington Times reported Monday that the Obama administration received notice more than five years ago that VA medical facilities were reporting inaccurate waiting times and experiencing scheduling failures that threatened to deny veterans timely health care.
•VA officials reportedly warned the Obama-Biden transition team in the weeks after the 2008 presidential election that the wait times the facilities were reporting were not trustworthy

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#15 May 30, 2014
Are

Huntsville, AL

#16 May 30, 2014
XENA 54 wrote:
<quoted text>
you really citing the World Nut Daily? Talk about spin...
Is Silver

Huntsville, AL

#17 May 30, 2014
TheSilverBullet wrote:
<quoted text>
.
your middle name? Do you come from a long line of bullets?
I don't post under any name. Just because you might pretend you have a consensus with yourself on occasion, doesn't mean I would.
Instead

Huntsville, AL

#18 May 30, 2014
TheSilverBullet wrote:
<quoted text>
<
.
of thinking you made a clever discovery, can you take issue with any of this?

The agency has had trouble for generations which seem to stem from a bad mix of the worse aspects of military/medical culture, outmoded facilities and record keeping, piss poor funding, high expectations and in this case cheating to measure up to a performance metric that they aren't equipped to achieve.

Four of my uncles, my dad, my great uncle and my grandfather served in the wars from WWI to Korea and I've been hearing about things that the VA was doing right or screwing up since the early 60's. And the world and challenges are much more complicated now.
xena

Albuquerque, NM

#19 May 30, 2014
Are wrote:
<quoted text>
you really citing the World Nut Daily? Talk about spin...
What difference does it make?
It means

Huntsville, AL

#20 May 30, 2014
xena wrote:
<quoted text>
?
it is not true. duh

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#21 May 30, 2014
For years, President Obama has been talking about fixing the VA. But he never stayed with it. And now he says he's angry and wants accountability. But he will never understand that the single-payer government-run system is the real problem.

This VA scandal is a reminder that government-run single-payer health care does not work. And it makes it clear that the entire system must be changed. We owe it to our veterans, and everyone else, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hilary rotham clinton - 30 years of lies, decei... 2 hr Wrong you are 27
News US investigating allegations on Albuquerque pol... 3 hr andy 1
Name a foreign leader you admire. 3 hr beachbaby 60
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 4 hr wellnow 6,995
News Grinch steals presents from ABQ family (Dec '07) 9 hr Gloria 23
You Know You're From New Mexico When... (Apr '12) 11 hr littlecaesar 718
NBC News Projects TRUMP as US President at 930 PM 12 hr Drain 50

Bernalillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bernalillo Mortgages