Words From A Bosnian Survivalist

Words From A Bosnian Survivalist

Posted in the Bernalillo Forum

“Each Thought Creates A Reality”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 18, 2013
http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/...

An interesting story. Can't happen here thank God.

Frank Zappa

It can't happen here
It can't happen here
I'm telling you, my dear
That it can't happen here
Because I been checkin' it out, baby
I checked it out a couple a times, hmmmmmmmm

And I'm telling you
It can't happen here
Oh darling, it's important that you believe me
(Bop bop bop bop)
That it can't happen here...

From MOI album Freak Out
well

Huntsville, AL

#2 Feb 18, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
it is highly unlikely...and it is silly to think otherwise.

Location hidden

#3 Feb 18, 2013
I am sure he thought it was unlikely. I am sure the Holocaust victims thought it was highly unlikely. But you are right: It is highly unlikely it can happen here. It only happens someplace else. Seen the news lately?

Location hidden

#4 Feb 18, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
it is highly unlikely...and it is silly to think otherwise.
Hurricane Katrina? Duct Tape? Emergency supplies? North Korea? FEMA? Homeland Security? They think chaos is unlikely? National Guard Troops train for urban unrest for grins? How silly of them. And then, of course, there are those Mormons who, like those dastardly Boy Scouts. share that same "Be Prepared" motto. Silly? I guess you are right.
drama

Huntsville, AL

#5 Feb 18, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
I am sure he thought it was unlikely. I am sure the Holocaust victims thought it was highly unlikely. But you are right: It is highly unlikely it can happen here. It only happens someplace else. Seen the news lately?
queen.

Yes,we've seen the nuts with guns strutting around the capital, the fantasyland of the crazy teabaggers in Congress continuing to sabatoge the economy and the insane amount of power corporate america has bought. But I'm not paranoid about anything.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Nice to make your flippant comments about someone who was in dire straits and needed to rely on their resourcefulness. You obviously can't appreciate the story and the survival in very difficult times. You would not be able to.
nope

Huntsville, AL

#7 Feb 24, 2013
Willothewisp wrote:
your point in posting this was to spread paranoid, apocalyptic visions to try to justify some gun nut extremist point. His particular story is his story, and his life - not ours.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 25, 2013
Nice to see your mind reading is in gear again. A true story. Not fiction. Sorry it rattled your cage. Doesn't fit in with your reality. Don't read it. Stick to the nice fairy tales in life. Feel warm, cozy and protected. Keep those boogie men at bay.

Paranoid? Apocalyptic? A True story and contemporary. Think life is Santa Fe peachy for everyone? I guess you can say HLS is paranoid for all the warnings and list of things for emergencies they put out.
http://www.takechargeca.ca.gov/besafe/emergen...
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:

Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
Flashlight and extra batteries
First aid kit
Whistle to signal for help
Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
Manual can opener for food
Local maps
Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger

Once you have gathered the supplies for a basic emergency kit, you may want to consider adding the following items:
Prescription medications and glasses
Infant formula and diapers
Pet food and extra water for your pet
Cash or traveler's checks and change
Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container. You can use the Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK)(PDF - 977Kb) developed by Operation Hope, FEMA and Citizen Corps to help you organize your information.
Emergency reference material such as a first aid book or free information from this web site.(See Publications)
Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person. Consider additional bedding if you live in a cold-weather climate.
Complete change of clothing including a long sleeved shirt, long pants and sturdy shoes. Consider additional clothing if you live in a cold-weather climate.
Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper When diluted, nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant. Or in an emergency, you can use it to treat water by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water. Do not use scented, color safe or bleaches with added cleaners.
Fire extinguisher
Matches in a waterproof container
Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
Mess kits, paper cups, plates, paper towels and plastic utensils
Paper and pencil
Books, games, puzzles or other activities for children
Last updated: 02/12/2013 - 10:46 AM

In any emergency a family member or you yourself may suffer an injury. If you have these basic first aid supplies you are better prepared to help your loved ones when they are hurt.

Knowing how to treat minor injuries can make a difference in an emergency. You may consider taking a first aid class, but simply having the following things can help you stop bleeding, prevent infection and assist in decontamination.

Two pairs of Latex or other sterile gloves if you are allergic to Latex
Sterile dressings to stop bleeding
Cleansing agent/soap and antibiotic towelettes
Antibiotic ointment
Burn ointment
Adhesive bandages in a variety of sizes
Eye wash solution to flush the eyes or as general decontaminant
Thermometer
Prescription medications you take every day such as insulin, heart medicine and asthma inhalers. You should periodically rotate medicines to account for expiration dates.
Prescribed medical supplies such as glucose and blood pressure monitoring equipment and supplies
Non-prescription drugs:

Aspirin or non-aspirin pain reliever
Anti-diarrhea medication
Antacid
Laxative
Other first aid supplies:

Scissors
Tweezers
Tube of petroleum jelly or other lubricant

Location hidden

#9 Feb 25, 2013
That is right. Post a contemporary true story and it is paranoid and apocalyptic. Doesn't fit into the Santa Fe life style and reality. Shut it out. Don't read it. You have your Reality intact and nothing will shake it. Go back to your comfy stories and Oscars to keep the boogie men at bay.

Basic Disaster Supplies Kit recommended by FEMA, the paranoid and apocalyptic agency:

Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
Flashlight and extra batteries
First aid kit
Whistle to signal for help
Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
Manual can opener for food
Local maps
Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
http://www.ready.gov/basic-disaster-supplies-...

Location hidden

#10 Feb 25, 2013
Once you have gathered the supplies for a basic emergency kit, you may want to consider adding the following items:

Prescription medications and glasses
Infant formula and diapers
Pet food and extra water for your pet
Cash or traveler's checks and change
Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container. You can use the Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK)(PDF - 977Kb) developed by Operation Hope, FEMA and Citizen Corps to help you organize your information.
Emergency reference material such as a first aid book or free information from this web site.(See Publications)
Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person. Consider additional bedding if you live in a cold-weather climate.
Complete change of clothing including a long sleeved shirt, long pants and sturdy shoes. Consider additional clothing if you live in a cold-weather climate.
Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper When diluted, nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant. Or in an emergency, you can use it to treat water by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water. Do not use scented, color safe or bleaches with added cleaners.
Fire extinguisher
Matches in a waterproof container
Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
Mess kits, paper cups, plates, paper towels and plastic utensils
Paper and pencil
Books, games, puzzles or other activities for children
Yeah

Huntsville, AL

#11 Feb 25, 2013
paranoid and obsessive.

Note that they don't include personal military arsenals based on the need to overthrow the government - just basic common sense stuff.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 25, 2013
How dare they talk about being prepared for something nasty to happen. Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 1 hr Mister Chix 64,915
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 1 hr Katia 115,889
Roger Van Grisham (May '16) 10 hr allen1972 14
My Utmost For His Highest 12 hr Knightkore 10
Tiny Homes: Solution to Homelessness or Urban N... Thu Knightkore 1
Conservative Protest of Left-Wing Politics Reve... Thu Knightkore 1
Being a Social Justice Warrior - Ultra Spiritua... Thu Knightkore 1

Bernalillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance