Coyote killing ban defeated in House

Coyote killing ban defeated in House

There are 219 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Feb 26, 2013, titled Coyote killing ban defeated in House. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

The state House of Representatives on Tuesday defeated a bill to ban the events, such as one last fall in which a gun shop owner collected $50 entry fees and then gave prizes to the team that killed the most coyotes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#83 Mar 9, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
Cattle die of illness and weather related events much more than being killed by predators. The % livestock killed by wild or domestic animals is less than 1/4 %. Hunter's steers are paying the price of his evil doings. He has no clue about conservation or his cows.
What cattle of mine are dying? I kill coyotes to bring back the deer, elk and turkey populations. The NMDGF Game Wardens encourage me to shoot evey coyote I spot. I don't know as much as you about conservation that is obvious but I do know that I have been killing these coyotes for years now and the deer, elk and turkey have returned and are now plentiful.

What was your conservation plan again?
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#84 Mar 9, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> The state of Meixco strives to be the top of the bottom on all negative ratings. I'll do my best to show liite how pathetic the mentality is 'over there'. I'll call PETA and the national news agencies first thing.
A coyotes diet primarily consist of rodents, rabbits and other small game, not elk, deer, cows or your puppy dog. They help to keep a balanced ecological habitat. The slaughter of coyotes clearly demonstrate hunter's blood lusting and his physically stubble ego.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#85 Mar 9, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> A coyotes diet primarily consist of rodents, rabbits and other small game, not elk, deer, cows or your puppy dog. They help to keep a balanced ecological habitat. The slaughter of coyotes clearly demonstrate hunter's blood lusting and his physically stubble ego.
Maybe in Oklahoma but here in the Lincoln National Forest they supplement that diet with as many deer fawns and elk calves as they can find. And seeing how we have been in a severe drought for years and the grass doesn't grow tall enough to adequately hide these little creatures the coyotes kill and eat most of them! I in turn kill all coyotes I can find.

I am still waiting for your conservation plan and what you have done to contribute to the enviornment..
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#86 Mar 9, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe in Oklahoma but here in the Lincoln National Forest they supplement that diet with as many deer fawns and elk calves as they can find. And seeing how we have been in a severe drought for years and the grass doesn't grow tall enough to adequately hide these little creatures the coyotes kill and eat most of them! I in turn kill all coyotes I can find.
I am still waiting for your conservation plan and what you have done to contribute to the enviornment..
My suggestion for you is to first get involved. Look into becoming an active member in one of the many environmental support groups. One, headquartered in CO. is the Wild Foundation. I try my best here to be as environmentally responsible in recycling 90% of my waste, use alternative fuels, and I am an active member of a quality responsible environmental support agency here. Best of luck.
HUNTER

Washington, DC

#87 Mar 9, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
<quoted text> My suggestion for you is to first get involved. Look into becoming an active member in one of the many environmental support groups. One, headquartered in CO. is the Wild Foundation. I try my best here to be as environmentally responsible in recycling 90% of my waste, use alternative fuels, and I am an active member of a quality responsible environmental support agency here. Best of luck.
I am a Life Time member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation as well as North American Hunter. I am also the Captain of our Neighborhood Watch Program and I watch those nasty coyotes hit the ground through my 3 x 9 scope as I squeeze the trigger. No Trespassing!
you always

Huntsville, AL

#88 Mar 9, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Life Time member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation as well as North American Hunter. I am also the Captain of our Neighborhood Watch Program and I watch those nasty coyotes hit the ground through my 3 x 9 scope as I squeeze the trigger. No Trespassing!
manage to undercut any sensible point you might be trying to make with statements like that.
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#89 Mar 9, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Life Time member of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation as well as North American Hunter. I am also the Captain of our Neighborhood Watch Program and I watch those nasty coyotes hit the ground through my 3 x 9 scope as I squeeze the trigger. No Trespassing!
The NMGFD offers little protection in IRA areas. Where you live in the Lincoln National Forest? 0% protection.
Impersonator

Albuquerque, NM

#90 Mar 9, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
out of Springfield, VA instead of Alamogordo, NM I see.
More

Huntsville, AL

#91 Mar 9, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
The NMDGF Game Wardens encourage me to shoot evey coyote I spot.
BS - a NMDGF employee may encourage you to deal with a problem predator, but never to shoot every coyote you spot.
IMNEVERWRONG

Oklahoma City, OK

#92 Mar 9, 2013
600 miles out and I can see hunter is full of cold air. His parents need to send him to military school.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#93 Mar 10, 2013
you always wrote:
<quoted text>
manage to undercut any sensible point you might be trying to make with statements like that.
You mistake me for somebody who cares what you think. I have done more for Gods Green Earth this year than all of you combined have done in a lifetime..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#94 Mar 10, 2013
Impersonator wrote:
<quoted text>
out of Springfield, VA instead of Alamogordo, NM I see.
out of Albuquerque, NM instead of Alamogordo, NM I see.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#95 Mar 10, 2013
More wrote:
<quoted text>
BS - a NMDGF employee may encourage you to deal with a problem predator, but never to shoot every coyote you spot.
Not only do they encourage you to shoot every coyote you see but they carry a rifle and shoot them on the spot also. I have seen this with my own two eyes. Just because you WISH something not to happen doesn't mean it won't..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#96 Mar 10, 2013
IMNEVERWRONG wrote:
600 miles out and I can see hunter is full of cold air. His parents need to send him to military school.
Doesn't matter what you think or see. I will continue to kill coyotes every chance I get. During deer, elk and turkey seasons in Unit 37 I take the time to visit with differnet canp sites and I advise those hunters how the coyote is wiping our their game animals. I advise them to shoot every coyote they encounter in the wild. I have a lot of help in reducing the coyote population.
You are

Huntsville, AL

#97 Mar 10, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Not only do they encourage you to shoot every coyote you see but they carry a rifle and shoot them on the spot also. I have seen this with my own two eyes. Just because you WISH something not to happen doesn't mean it won't..
lying.

"shoot every coyote you see"

A lie.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#98 Mar 10, 2013
You are wrote:
<quoted text>
lying.
"shoot every coyote you see"
A lie.
You should really get your fat ass off that couch and get into the wilderness where you can meet some of these people. They shoot coyotes and I shoot coyotes, it's called game management. Call them..
Nope

Huntsville, AL

#99 Mar 10, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>You should really get your fat ass off that couch and get into the wilderness where you can meet some of these people. They shoot coyotes and I shoot coyotes, it's called game management. Call them..
targeted predator control is their policy - not shooting every coyote they see. Quit lying to justify your defective thinking.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#100 Mar 10, 2013
HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't matter what you think or see. I will continue to kill coyotes every chance I get. During deer, elk and turkey seasons in Unit 37 I take the time to visit with differnet canp sites and I advise those hunters how the coyote is wiping our their game animals. I advise them to shoot every coyote they encounter in the wild. I have a lot of help in reducing the coyote population.
If you ever come into our hunting camp spewing ignorant BS about how the coyotes are wiping out the game, you will be asked to leave. The natural predators in the wild help keep things in balance and, fortunately, there are not enough idiots like you to upset those balances. I come from a ranching family in San Miguel County, and we have shot coyotes but we don't go and massacre them. My grandparents lived thru the Dust Bowl including the rabbit infestation that was caused by farmers and ranchers shooting too many coyotes. But I don't expect a dumbbass like you to be able to look past his selfish little nose and learn from the mistakes that our ancestors made.

Since you enjoy killing things so much, maybe you should get a job in a slaughterhouse where you can kill the cows that you want to protect from coyotes or, better yet, you can bite the heads off chickens and drink their blood.
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#101 Mar 11, 2013
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
targeted predator control is their policy - not shooting every coyote they see. Quit lying to justify your defective thinking.
What their policy is and what the Game Wardens will tell you in person may just be two different things. If you feel all warm and fuzzy inside by calling it "targeted predator control" so be it. I kill every coyote I come across. I shot one in Ellis Canyon watering at an earth tank yesterday..
HUNTER

Alamogordo, NM

#102 Mar 11, 2013
Lobo Viejo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you ever come into our hunting camp spewing ignorant BS about how the coyotes are wiping out the game, you will be asked to leave. The natural predators in the wild help keep things in balance and, fortunately, there are not enough idiots like you to upset those balances. I come from a ranching family in San Miguel County, and we have shot coyotes but we don't go and massacre them. My grandparents lived thru the Dust Bowl including the rabbit infestation that was caused by farmers and ranchers shooting too many coyotes. But I don't expect a dumbbass like you to be able to look past his selfish little nose and learn from the mistakes that our ancestors made.
Since you enjoy killing things so much, maybe you should get a job in a slaughterhouse where you can kill the cows that you want to protect from coyotes or, better yet, you can bite the heads off chickens and drink their blood.
I am not protecting cows from Coyotes. It sounds like your dumb parents home schooled you in San Miguel. Did they teach you reading comprehension? Sounds like your grand parents were also stupid if they created the dust bowl. You can sleep easy at night, I won't create a dust bowl. I seriously doubt you are a hunter you sound way too ignorant. I have a job, I ranch. I also kill coyotes as many as I can. I hunt deer and elk and turkey and Mountain Lion when in season. I love the outdoors. I doubt you have ever been off the pavement!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bernalillo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 35 min Mister Chix 112,842
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 46 min Mister Chix 62,046
News Critics: Trump speech signals shift to coded ra... 1 hr Dee Dee Dee 31
News U.S. attorney joins Muslim community to promote... 1 hr Marie-Luise_J 44
News Locals React to Holly Holm s Loss 1 hr Denise R 4
News Federal judge to hear lawsuit against Albuquerq... 1 hr Vicky 2
News Pigeons being targeted in Old Town (Mar '08) 1 hr Dolago 44

Bernalillo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance