blj

United States

#1 Sep 1, 2010
a man shot his girlfriend, had a stand off with police and took his own life around 7-8pm on oak street spetember 1 2010
mapom

Lodi, WI

#2 Sep 2, 2010
yeah its sad its come to this in our small hometown. People are starting to call it Little Chicago. How sad
Anonymous

Ripon, WI

#3 Sep 2, 2010
mapom wrote:
yeah its sad its come to this in our small hometown. People are starting to call it Little Chicago. How sad
WHO is starting to call it "Little Chicago"? YOU?

Mapom, perhaps you watch too much Fox News where the only evidence ever given for any claim is "some people say." Who are the "some people"? If you can't provide legitimate sources, shut the hell up.

Your statement is utterly ridiculous. What does one shooting that is most likely the result a DOMESTIC dispute, if the original poster is correct, have anything to do with something "coming" to this small town? What came to Ripon? This has nothing to do with anything other than someone clearly snapped.

Until we have more information, it's irresponsible to assign blame to anything.

And, if you really think it's becoming "Little Chicago," please, by all means, move to Berlin or Brandon or Fairwater or Rosendale. You'll be happier there, apparently.

Do you think Crandon, WI, is "Little New York" because someone went ballistic up there a few years ago and killed 5 (I think it was 5, but maybe more) people?

Random things happen all over the place, and this sounds like a random thing to me. It's just crazy to make something larger of it until more is known.

"Little Chicago." Nonsense.
mia from Berlin

Ripon, WI

#4 Sep 2, 2010
Wow, someone needs a chill pill
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO is starting to call it "Little Chicago"? YOU?
Mapom, perhaps you watch too much Fox News where the only evidence ever given for any claim is "some people say." Who are the "some people"? If you can't provide legitimate sources, shut the hell up.
Your statement is utterly ridiculous. What does one shooting that is most likely the result a DOMESTIC dispute, if the original poster is correct, have anything to do with something "coming" to this small town? What came to Ripon? This has nothing to do with anything other than someone clearly snapped.
Until we have more information, it's irresponsible to assign blame to anything.
And, if you really think it's becoming "Little Chicago," please, by all means, move to Berlin or Brandon or Fairwater or Rosendale. You'll be happier there, apparently.
Do you think Crandon, WI, is "Little New York" because someone went ballistic up there a few years ago and killed 5 (I think it was 5, but maybe more) people?
Random things happen all over the place, and this sounds like a random thing to me. It's just crazy to make something larger of it until more is known.
"Little Chicago." Nonsense.
think4yrself

Fond Du Lac, WI

#5 Sep 2, 2010
I agree annonymous. I couldn't have said it better myself. Little Chicago...what is next. Chicago looses an average of 25 KIDS to homicide each MONTH. That is something to get worried about. One thing tho...the shooting happened in Berlin, so Mapom may stay in Ripon, if, in fact, that is where he/she lives...we have enough FOX minded people around here.
unbelievable

Wonder Lake, IL

#6 Sep 2, 2010
I knew both people and the woman is a very respectable person and the man was a hard working individual that did snap and that all it was, not Little Chicago. Don't judge unless you know them or know the full story.
Anon

Green Bay, WI

#7 Sep 3, 2010
mia from Berlin wrote:
Wow, someone needs a chill pill
<quoted text>
The person who needs a "chill pill" is the person attempting to stir things up by referring to the town as "Little Chicago."
Anonymous

Ripon, WI

#8 Sep 7, 2010
think4yrself wrote:
I agree annonymous. I couldn't have said it better myself. Little Chicago...what is next. Chicago looses an average of 25 KIDS to homicide each MONTH. That is something to get worried about. One thing tho...the shooting happened in Berlin, so Mapom may stay in Ripon, if, in fact, that is where he/she lives...we have enough FOX minded people around here.
This event didn't even happen in RIPON, so whoever is using this to call Ripon "little Chicago" needs his or her head examined.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to locate Warren or Wally Johnson or the... Jan '15 Doublet 1
Ripon WI Police Department (Jul '14) Oct '14 fukutrevor hanke 11
Illegal Immigrants in Ripon?? (Aug '09) Sep '14 raphael 120
Mayor Kramer thinks City deserves an apology? (Jan '10) Jul '14 wellZED 64
New Mayor for Ripon in 2010? (Nov '09) Jul '14 Bud 586
Ripon Threads Hijacked by Youthful, Enthusiasti... (Dec '09) Jul '14 Lucy 185
Boca Grande: Read and decide for yourself (May '10) Jul '14 Sara 71
More from around the web

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE