First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Al in NC

Kings Mountain, NC

#61 Mar 25, 2011
Ripon is a second home; visit family 3 - 4 times a year.

BC has been a curious development for Ripon. I can't comment on local politics involved - but I sure have questions. I have a considerable skill in business planning - the science of predicting a project's "business sense".

For the life of me, I can't make BC's project make sense, economically. Whether or not it was possible before the financial collapse is questionable; now the project seems impossible.

I not opposed to investors spending their own cash any way they like, but BC's plans seem to require a fair bit of public participation. I hope Ripon has done some real "due diligence" in looking at BC's plans - but it's a head scratcher why common sense - and practical results don't seem to bear out what's known of their plans.
rubberduck

Colby, WI

#62 Jan 6, 2012
southern girl wrote:
The reason Boca is here is because they saw all the unique and above the bar features of Ripon: the college, the public schools, the history, the architecture, the amazing people who are proud to call Ripon their home and the down town's need to be revitalized. What on earth could be so wrong with that? Goodness they want to do this, why would anyone object??????????
This Southern Girl - packing up her $8.6 million revitalized wisdom?
BoxcarWilly

Fond Du Lac, WI

#63 Nov 14, 2012
humpback
HonestAbe

Fond Du Lac, WI

#65 Dec 20, 2012
Anonymousity wrote:
<quoted text>
The conspiracy nuts got their man elected. The Man from the Holy Land (Plymouth?). The man who God put on this earth to help people (see campaign literature). The man whose pamphlets oozed of religion and God and church....and schedules his district listening sessions on....DRUM ROLL PLEASE: THE DAY OF THE LORD, SUNDAY - See for yourself:
http://riponpress.com/main.asp...
So, we elected someone who uses religion to get elected, then conveniently forgets about it when he needs to show the public he has done "something"...more great advice from JerryChelle.
I think this is a person new to Ripon who dislikes Christianity and looks down her "anonymous, southern girl" nose at Ripon. Doesn't like Christ-mass trees or nativity scenes either I bet.

Busy eating at America and paying taxes - NOT!
Lucy

Fond Du Lac, WI

#66 Dec 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually, it is because someone on Thorne Street lost their Internet connection....and Ripon is celebrating...plus a little editorial in the local paper may have done its job:
http://riponpress.com/main.asp...
Andrea is that you again? Please just stop already.
Rpntxpyr

Fond Du Lac, WI

#67 Feb 4, 2013
The Ghost of V Royster wrote:
http://www.marketplacemagazine .com/content/556_1.php
http://www.marketplacemagazine.com/blogs/blog...
Is this Steve P -???
Prison guard

Chicago, IL

#68 Feb 7, 2013
I visit the area all the time. Princeton has really went down over the years. I don't go there much anymore.
Green Lake is too expensive.
But I think Ripon is still a fun town.
Ripon Resident

Iron Ridge, WI

#69 Feb 20, 2013
Sad, sad, sad.

It is becoming clear that we will never see a dime out of this, and to blame the Commonwealth Press for reporting the facts is just plain cowardly.

City leadership failed to do due diligence to protect our assets before they were plundered. Forfeiture remedies should have been in place from the beginning for non-compliance of the development agreement as well as state law, considering that this was the use of public tax dollars.

It is always a waste to chase assets that are gone.
jsm

Oshkosh, WI

#70 Feb 20, 2013
Isn't Lud Wurtz the city attorney for Ripon? If so, there's the problem.
haha

Oshkosh, WI

#71 Feb 20, 2013
http://www.cityofripon.com/index.asp... {A289719E-DF77-44D7-AE59-40411 D04C2DA}

Yes, Lud Wurtz is the city attorney for Ripon AND Princeton. He's not at all interested in his role of city attorney though, because he gets paid for that no matter what.

He's more interested in making extra money making sure drug dealers can ruin the cities that he gets paid to work for.
Sara

Fond Du Lac, WI

#72 Jul 13, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
The crazy conspiracy nuts will still try to convince others that Boca wants to "take over" Ripon, or some other such nonsense.
Ripon should be lucky to have investors interested in our town.
So how's Boca working out for Ripon so far?? Having fun with $10million debt plus damage? Lame lawsuit that doesn't even include former Mayor Kramer's name or then City Council members as the real perpetrators of such crimes against Ripon taxpayers. Looks like those "conspiracy nuts" were the prophets with the real vision! Where are the Boca supporters now? Hiding under rocks and organizing a private investment group that benefits THEM?? Ripon was warned then and it will ignore the warning signs now. The lawsuit and the foreclosures is just the beginning of Ripon's erosion and corrosive politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 2 hr An NFL Fan 7,061
Illegal Immigrants in Ripon?? (Aug '09) Sep 10 raphael 120
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Pro People 2,234
Ripon WI Police Department Aug '14 FuDGe 10
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul '14 BOBBY 452
Mayor Kramer thinks City deserves an apology? (Jan '10) Jul '14 wellZED 64
New Mayor for Ripon in 2010? (Nov '09) Jul '14 Bud 586

Berlin Jobs

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berlin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berlin

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]