4 die in pedestrian accidents on Shore

There are 5 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 29, 2008, titled 4 die in pedestrian accidents on Shore. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

In unrelated accidents on the Eastern Shore, two small children and their mothers were struck and killed as they tried to walk across busy highways in Ocean City and Pocomoke City .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Teay

Durban, South Africa

#1 Apr 9, 2008
I dont belive that the mother and her daughter were in the wrong. As much as it is said that the traffic lights were against them some bits of this story dont make up. The police claim that the driver was driving at 40 miles according to the report given to the family. My concern is how can you drive and kill so bruttaly two people if you were driving at such a slow pace especially since you had just procceded after being stoped by a traffic ligh. I think the fact that the driver is still unidentified means that no justice has been done. Is this because they were South Africans and cant give us their side of the storry?
rrr

Washington, DC

#2 Apr 9, 2008
Teay wrote:
I dont belive that the mother and her daughter were in the wrong. As much as it is said that the traffic lights were against them some bits of this story dont make up. The police claim that the driver was driving at 40 miles according to the report given to the family. My concern is how can you drive and kill so bruttaly two people if you were driving at such a slow pace especially since you had just procceded after being stoped by a traffic ligh. I think the fact that the driver is still unidentified means that no justice has been done. Is this because they were South Africans and cant give us their side of the storry?
Unfortunately the lights are set so people speed from one light to another to make the lights. If you step out from a parked vehicle chances are you will get hit especially in the summer. The road is wide!
Tom

Elkton, MD

#3 Apr 9, 2008
40mph vehicle vs a pedestrian will be fatal for the ped every time. That is not a slow speed accident. The ped is at fault in the vast majority of vehicle/ped accidents, just like this case.
Zonah Khumalo

Pretoria, South Africa

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Tom wrote:
40mph vehicle vs a pedestrian will be fatal for the ped every time. That is not a slow speed accident. The ped is at fault in the vast majority of vehicle/ped accidents, just like this case.
I am South African, i dont know much about the law in the States, but is the law not always on the pedetrians side regardless of who was in the wrong????
YouHelpFixIt

Scottsdale, AZ

#5 Apr 15, 2008
Why didn't any witnesses attack the driver? I thought that is what we do in this state. Or is that just in Baltimore City?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll who's better in bed short women or tall women (Jul '10) May 18 fresh nikes 99
Need Reliable & Reasonable Handyman Apr '15 djjazzy 1
News Smoking Restrictions Finalized in Ocean City Apr '15 BleuJei 9
News Loudoun supervisor was accused of brutal assaul... Mar '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Mother of Decatur student in fight: 'Not about ... Feb '15 phonzo 1
Sugar Daddy looking... (Sep '14) Feb '15 Max 6
News Black History Month in Niagara Falls Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
More from around the web

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]