Berlin considers ban on farm animals ...

Berlin considers ban on farm animals within town limits

There are 5 comments on the The Daily Times story from Oct 26, 2009, titled Berlin considers ban on farm animals within town limits. In it, The Daily Times reports that:

BERLIN -- Weeks after the presence of two chickens and three ducks in a Berlin backyard caused an uproar among neighbors, the town is scheduled to consider outlawing poultry within town limits at today's council meeting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Times.

Marsha

Hibbing, MN

#1 Oct 28, 2009
I am assuming that Berlin Council has nothing more important to worry about or deal with that two chickens and 3 ducks. Most kids get these animals aroung Easter and keep them. Now we should teach our children that you get pet play with it and then toss it because Town Council is bored and needs to find something to do. If this passes it will have to be posted on the internet as the biggest waste of time our our leaders (I use the work loosely!
challenger99

United States

#2 Nov 4, 2009
We have 10 ducks, 3 Sandhill cranes and 2 Canadian geese taking winter rsidence in our back yard and we live in a small development with a small pond.
I would think your Town Council would have enough real problems to resolve.
2 chickens and 3 ducks--pathetic story, pathetic town!
Linda Bireley

Moorestown, NJ

#3 Nov 11, 2009
I live near the home with the chickens and ducks and I applaud this woman. I love the sound. They are not noisey, the neighbors air conditioners are noisier than those animals. So Mr. Know it all Williams, shall we shoot all the ducks and geese that land in our yards as they are banned from the town. At this time of financial crisis for everyone, I would appreciate having a few chickens to supply eggs for my family. Stop spending time on these few animals that harm no one and start working on lowering our utility rates and our taxes. You "leaders" forget who you work for. We pay you, we are your supervisors. Work on the serious matters. I would like to see residents get together and everyone obtain at least two chickens for their yards. What you going to do about that Mr Know it all Mayor and council?
Linda Bireley

Moorestown, NJ

#4 Nov 11, 2009
challenger99 wrote:
We have 10 ducks, 3 Sandhill cranes and 2 Canadian geese taking winter rsidence in our back yard and we live in a small development with a small pond.
I would think your Town Council would have enough real problems to resolve.
2 chickens and 3 ducks--pathetic story, pathetic town!
You are so correct we unfortunately live in the most pathetic town in Maryland. If anyone considers moving her, big mistake. They couldn't afford the utilities and taxes. The council and pathetic mayor are more concerned with chickens and ducks. They keep raising our utility rates and do nothing to lower them.
Mary Beaty

Baltimore, MD

#5 Dec 1, 2009
Linda Bireley wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so correct we unfortunately live in the most pathetic town in Maryland. If anyone considers moving her, big mistake. They couldn't afford the utilities and taxes. The council and pathetic mayor are more concerned with chickens and ducks. They keep raising our utility rates and do nothing to lower them.
I think the council and mayor are experiencing prejudice against these animals because of Perdue's decision to move their business out of Berlin.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Irish girls... (May '12) Sun Bigwc123 4
Off season night life. Apr '18 Rarerthanmost 1
Where to get meth and green in Ocean City Mar '18 Evra 1
Review: Lynda Ann Gruber Mar '18 LYNDA ANN GRUBER 1
Jet Ski Mar '18 Justin 1
Josh glorioso (Apr '16) Nov '17 Friend 2
Poll who's better in bed short women or tall women (Jul '10) Oct '17 Beautiful legs 74 136

Berlin Jobs

Personal Finance

Berlin Mortgages