Teen struck, killed by car

Teen struck, killed by car

There are 6 comments on the Delaware Beachcomber story from May 17, 2009, titled Teen struck, killed by car. In it, Delaware Beachcomber reports that:

Police said an intoxicated driver struck and killed a 16-year-old attempting to cross Route 50 last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Delaware Beachcomber.

unknown

Berlin, MD

#1 May 17, 2009
i think that the kid was wrong for running in the middle of traffic but also the driver was wrong for drinking while intoxicated i also think that the kid was to young for his time to pass but dnt put the blame on the kid or the driver put it on the kids parents because they shouldve taught the kid not to run in the road while moving traffic is going on but thats all rest in peace to the kid who ever you are you will be remembered god bless his family and friends specially his mother that breaks a mother heart to see one of her kids die before her having to watch her son get buried in front of her eyes god bless her sorry for your loss
appalled

Washington, DC

#2 May 19, 2009
This 16 yr old boy that was hit by a drunk driver, he was not a four year old playing in traffic. How could you judge his parents like they should have taught him better? Apparently you don't have a teenage children because to stop any child that is over the age of 10 yrs old from running is a futile effort. In the reports I have read the boy made it to the median and was safe. What ever happened in the seconds in which the teen was hit and died only god knows. People only need to know that another child has been lost due a drunk driver and it needs to stop
unknown wrote:
i think that the kid was wrong for running in the middle of traffic but also the driver was wrong for drinking while intoxicated i also think that the kid was to young for his time to pass but dnt put the blame on the kid or the driver put it on the kids parents because they shouldve taught the kid not to run in the road while moving traffic is going on but thats all rest in peace to the kid who ever you are you will be remembered god bless his family and friends specially his mother that breaks a mother heart to see one of her kids die before her having to watch her son get buried in front of her eyes god bless her sorry for your loss
Lauren

Huntingdon, PA

#3 May 19, 2009
I was in Ocean City when this happened. Ive heard so many stories. I feel bad for the parents. and even for the driver. knowing that it wasnt all his fault. i was watching the cars go by and all i seen was cops and abulances fly by. later on the night i heard bout what happened. i felt so bad. i was scared that this would of happened to my little brother. People were driving like morons showing off. so the boy should of known not to run across the road. but Rest in peace. ull never be forgotten!
linamae

Salisbury, MD

#4 May 19, 2009
Not a single crosswalk anywhere in the area and this is a surprise? My heart goes out to his family and friends at SDHS. I hope that this changes Worcester County's view of pedestrian traffic. Wake up commissioners! People walk and people ride bicycles. We might do more if safety was a priority instead of tourist dollars.
Danielle

Silver Spring, MD

#5 May 19, 2009
I was there the night he died. My mother held his hand as he took his last breath. The whole situation was beyond anything you can imagine, without having seen it yourself. It is an image that will never leave my mind. My heart not only goes out to his family, but to all that were affected by this terrible, bloody, horrific accident. It's a sad reminder that people need to think before they drink and drive. Not only will many people on Matt's side be forever affected by this, but the driver and everyone associated with his side will be also, not to mention the imprint it left on the people on the scene of the accident that night.
Barb willards MD

AOL

#6 May 20, 2009
Matt is my Nephew ans was way to young for this,,wasnt his moms fault or dads fault for not raising him to use crosswalks,,they were the best parents,,,wasnt the drivers fault as well,,,Yes he he had alchol in his blood,,,But Matt lost his footin and fell into traffic,,,,The whole family is crushed,,Matts life was just begining,,his Mom Loved him and raised him to be a great person,,,sad all around,,,no blames,,,just sorrow ,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll who's better in bed short women or tall women (Jul '10) Jun 19 MelaninQueen 119
Ocean city is dangerous!!!! Jun 16 Jones 1
bishop house (Nov '14) Jun 8 Don knouse 2
News Nine People Arrested in Human Trafficking and P... May 27 The Punisher 1
Quality Weed/Hash in Ocean City(Fast and Discre... May '16 Marihuana 1
News Trump returns to 'Lyin' Ted' moniker Apr '16 GOPOLYGAMIST Anti... 52
Josh glorioso Apr '16 Unanimous 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berlin Mortgages