In Connecticut, Stimulus Projects Are...

In Connecticut, Stimulus Projects Are Speeding Along, But In Time?

There are 41 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Apr 16, 2009, titled In Connecticut, Stimulus Projects Are Speeding Along, But In Time?. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

If you see road pavers or asphalt-laden dump trucks in the Buckland Hills area of Manchester, or along the Farmington River Trail in Canton, or on Episcopal Road in Berlin this summer, take heed.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ralph

South Windsor, CT

#42 Apr 18, 2009
Brandon wrote:
I find it funny so many here are sayign they will use the same workers. These rpojects are overseen by CTDOT they aren't done by them. All these jobs will be done by private contractors for the state not by the state itself, so yes this will help the economy. Also to the chucklehead above who asked why there were no real trades let me know when you want a job on a paving crew adn think you can handle 130 degree temps for 8 to 12 hours a day while being on your feet adn inhaling deisel and asphalt fumes...the job is yours for the taking big man.
It sounds like you are saying some of these jobs are serious Health issues and environment topics that are never addressed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bill Would Raise Penalties For Careless Drivers... Jun 16 ffctguitar 3
News Ganim to launch second chance initiative Jun 9 America Gentleman... 1
Southwick & Meister (Mar '13) May 27 Former Employee 2
News Summer's Diversity On The Big Screen: From Film... May '16 Sheri 2
News Man Charged In Slashing, Leading Police On Chase May '16 Sheri 1
News New England squad perfect May '16 Sheri 1
Does anyone know Shawn Strauss May '16 Sick of this 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berlin Mortgages