Hartford Hospital On Probation

Hartford Hospital On Probation

There are 9 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 9, 2008, titled Hartford Hospital On Probation. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Citing multiple lapses in patient care - including four cases in which patients died - the state health department placed Hartford Hospital on probation Friday, demanding sweeping changes in the way the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

And UCHC IS ON IT

United States

#3 Mar 29, 2008
The dopes at UCHC were trying, and probably still are, to align themselves with Hartford Hospital. The problem is that nobody at UCHC is accountable for their actions. Thefts, fraud, etc.. Why else would they want/need more money from the taxpayers??? How many times have they been bailed out in the last fifteen years??
That being said,, Hartford Hospital staff began to make me wonder where they were heading years ago when their staff began to act like those at UCHC. Flippant, arrogant, and unresponsbile. What we don't need is the mixing of public and private money when we have no handle on the waste that goes on in either institution.
Who's fault is it?? How can it be fixed??
From a taxpayer's perspective:
The unresponsible part is easy, and fostered by the managment (lack of) at UCHC and works it way back up to the Governor's seat itself..(Rell is in charge now, but this crap has been going on for way more years than she has been in office.. However, it is her turn to fix it, and I don't see any effort that effect)
And UCHC IS ON IT

United States

#4 Mar 29, 2008
Does anyone know why we, the taxpayers, need to build UCHC a new, bigger hospital?? Have they filled ther beds at the John Dempsey Hospital so often, if at all, to the point we need to fund a new building, at today's costs???

Personally, I don't plan on ever going back to UCHC, let alone Hartford Hospital for medical treatment.
HH sucks

Ashburn, VA

#5 May 17, 2012
Hartford Hospital is guilty of Medicare fraud. Read about it right here:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/23h6sxz.jpg
HH Nazis

Newington, CT

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Had a nurse in the Emergency Room of HH THREATEN to "take away" an elderly family member.
This, after they wanted to send them home after 8 hours in the emergency room and acute pain that had not subsided.
Yeah, they "suck". They're also Nazis.
Been There

Hartford, CT

#7 Apr 8, 2013
HH Nazis wrote:
Had a nurse in the Emergency Room of HH THREATEN to "take away" an elderly family member.
This, after they wanted to send them home after 8 hours in the emergency room and acute pain that had not subsided.
Yeah, they "suck". They're also Nazis.
Maybe they had "bad" insurance. Hartford Hospital dosen't take care of anyone they don't want to.

I was discharged with pneumothorax secondary to a ruptured arteriovenus aneurysm.

We need to open the National Practitioners data bank and ban secret settlements. Plenty of doctors believe their patients are stupid.
Been There

Hartford, CT

#8 Apr 8, 2013
We need single-payer insurance.
Oh my Lord

East Hartford, CT

#9 Apr 8, 2013
sounds like St. Francis hospital to me!

we had a close relative who had Major brain surgery who the hospital staff INSISTED he leave their hospital only 2 days AFTER his major brain surgery.
he almost fell down a flight of steep.stairs at home because he was SO dizzy still from the surgery!
HH Nazis

Newington, CT

#10 Apr 9, 2013
Be aware if you take an elderly loved one to Hartford Hospital, for ANY reason.

Basically, they treat the elderly as if they're already dead. Have had plenty of time and experiences sitting in the ER and other parts of Hartford Hospital.

On one occasion, after sitting with an elderly loved one who was out in the hallway on a gurney for HOURS and in pain, I noticed that all the other patients lying on gurneys in the hallway were elderly.

I mentioned this to one of the nurse supervisors. Her response was, "No, their not!".

Oh, but I'm afraid they ARE.
US Citizen

East Hartford, CT

#11 Apr 10, 2013
That's cruel. And unethical.
Who can one complain to about this successfully?
Write to the Governor?
He does seem to have compassion for people's safety & their lives! I'll give him that....
Remember how annoyed he was when 8 people died after Oct 2011 storm cuz CL&P did not want to BOTHER to fix the downed wires?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News PLAINVILLE: Two Men Arrested On Drug Charges (Feb '09) May 26 J quilter 15
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (May '07) May 24 oken 124
News More May 21 Anthony Wall 2
News Shinaje Watson May 15 User2015 1
News Ex-State Military Department Supervisor Faces E... May 7 Larry 1
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! May 3 manny 2
should i expose a cheater? (May '14) Jun '14 Kim CT 14
More from around the web

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]