Wright Upsets Klett For Mayor; Republicans Win Majorities

Full story: Hartford Courant

In a series of upsets that left town Democrats almost speechless, Republican Jeff Wright defeated Democrat Maureen Klett in the race for mayor on a night Republicans also emerged with majorities on the town ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
FedupDem

West Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

How sweet it is! As a Democrat, I've waited four years for this moment. They thought we were stupid and didn't know what was going on. Joseph Klett should resign as chairman of the Democratic town committee. He's led the party to two successive mayoral defeats. The entire town committee should resign, especially all the Kletts, those married to Kletts, and friends of Klett. There are nearly 8,000 registered Democrats in Newington. We need new blood on the Democratic town committee. At least the two party system is alive and well in Newington.
ftec

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Its called "Dump the Dems".

Revenues have been going up from a profitable Berlin Turnpike and all the Dems Could do was increase taxes on the Homeowners! Next is the BOE and the school leadership. The good ole Boys need to go!

If you look around the state all the Dem controlled cities have gone to ruin all the while the taxes have gone through the roof with little to show exept the loss of good jobs in their cities.
Just Pathetic

Burlington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Finally Newington voters made a GREAT
Decision. Congrats Jeff! I have seen my taxes go up 28% since moving here eight yrs ago and for what?
I know you will do our town well.
Your friend, DVM
UconnFootball

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Wow.....congrats to Jeff Wright for sticking it to Maureen Klett.
Just Wondering

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Hey Maureen...when you lose you are suppose to call the winner and say congrats. From what people are hearing you have forgotten to do that. Come on be an adult and make the call.

Congrats to all the republicans who won last night.
Tim from Boston

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Congrats Jeff!! I am glad I donated to your campaign, you desevre it!
Sheldon Sones- very arrogant guy, glad he lost!!
Don't know about Nagel though..
Esteban

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

CONGRATULATIONS Newington!!

The end of one party rule in Newington is a victory for all its citizens.

The fact that Mo did not have it in her to even attempt civility with a congratulatory call to Jeff last night, though not a surprise, speaks to her character and reaffirms the choice the voters made.
Ex Newington resident

Fall River, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Has Joe Klett resigned as Democratic Chairman yet?
Joe

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Do you thnk Hedberg would have won? if he ran?
Jeters Overrated

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Does Rich Klett get to keep the job he got handed ?
phineas

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Joe wrote:
Doubt it. Hope as Republican Party Chairman though he leads from afar and doesn't try to dictate policy.
Trip

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Weak mayor is nothing more than a vote on council
jesse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Congratulations, Jeff.

No doubt part of your groundswell comes from your courageous stand on the MDC's Bill DiBella who has no business running the MDC, with his sordid ethical record.

Keep after the MDC, Jeff-a lot of people are watching.
Casual Observer

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Just a reminder, Mike Lenares, Mary "Puba" Niro" and Tony Boni are all related in one way or another. All these kudos to the Republicans seem to be based on the "Dump Klett" issue. Do any of you realize the consequences of the mass cuts that will be necessary for Jeff Wright to keep his 3% promise? Seniors, schools, the infrastructure, capital improvements and all other services will suffer. Congratulations Mr. Wright, we wil all be watching you to make sure you keep your promise.
Perla

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Congratulations to the town of Newington for voting for a change.
Just Wondering

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Casual Observer wrote:
Just a reminder, Mike Lenares, Mary "Puba" Niro" and Tony Boni are all related in one way or another. All these kudos to the Republicans seem to be based on the "Dump Klett" issue. Do any of you realize the consequences of the mass cuts that will be necessary for Jeff Wright to keep his 3% promise? Seniors, schools, the infrastructure, capital improvements and all other services will suffer. Congratulations Mr. Wright, we wil all be watching you to make sure you keep your promise.
Looks like you have the klett brainwash disease. Thank goodness the voters saw right threw her crap on what is going to be cut if Jeff Wright wins.
BTW, when you see Maureen and the rest of the Kletts can you remind them to call and congratulate Jeff instead of acting like a spoiled brat who didn't get it her way.
neWINgton

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Trip wrote:
Weak mayor is nothing more than a vote on council
But the Republicans now hold the Town Council as well
Newington MOM

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Small town politics. The reality is Newington has a large Independent constituency, that doesn't vote along party lines. They were tired of high taxes, minimal services and the political games being played by Democrats leading up to the election. They shot themselves in the foot when they didn't push the vote to put SROs in the middle schools until after the election.
Joseph Klett shouldn't be fired, instead the Democratic party needs to come up with viable canidates. The family ties involved in this race and the general ugliness it took, left an undesirable taste in voters mouths.
Matt D

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

I think it's a huge mistake for Newington...knowing Mr. Wright as much as I do. All I have to say is Good Luck Newington!!
Matt D

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

Joe wrote:
He's a waste of space too, but with Jeff winning, I'm sure as his best friend he'll have his hand in the decision making process!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of83
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Berlin Discussions

Search the Berlin Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Jul 8 Cahoots 15
B & D Automotive in Newington, Connecticut Jul 7 Byron Phillips 3
B & D Automotive, Newington, Connecticut Jul 7 Byron Phillips 1
Gangstalking and Harassment (Jan '13) Jul 4 A Special Place In Hell 328
JohnPistone for Congress 2014. Jul 3 Frank 1
Defense Lawyer Expects More Arrests In Slayings... (Jun '08) Jun 27 Lovely Dovely 33
B & D Automotive, Newington CT Jun 26 Oscar Perlmutter 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Berlin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE