Officer Followed Town Official

Officer Followed Town Official

There are 15 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Nov 3, 2007, titled Officer Followed Town Official. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A town police officer has received a one-day suspension for an incident last December in which he trailed Republican Councilman Jeff Hedberg in a marked police cruiser at a time when the police union and town ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

ya right

Berlin, CT

#1 Nov 5, 2007
So it took Jeff 20 minutes to drive 2 miles. He should have been stopped and checked for DUI!! If I get followed and don't get stopped I usually don't complain about it.
Esteban

Newington, CT

#2 Nov 5, 2007
Did you read the article?

The "officer" waited for Hedberg across the street from his office and admitted to following Hedberg.

That's an abuse of power meant to intimidate a public servant. Shame on the officer and anyone who would defend this type of unprofessional behavior.
Newington Resident

Farmington, CT

#3 Nov 5, 2007
That parking lot is a favorite place for all Newington Officers to stop and do paperwork etc. I see them there all the time. There was not stalking. I agree that maybe he should have been pulled over for DUI.
Esteban

Newington, CT

#4 Nov 5, 2007
It seems the officers superiors disagree, they found him guilty and suspended him. So stalking it was.
Perla

Newington, CT

#5 Nov 5, 2007
Newington Resident wrote:
That parking lot is a favorite place for all Newington Officers to stop and do paperwork etc. I see them there all the time. There was not stalking. I agree that maybe he should have been pulled over for DUI.
Read the article. The officer admitted to following Jeff. Funny how the cops aren't there when the CITGO keeps getting robbed. How embarrassing for them that a gas station right up the street from them keeps getting robbed.
Funny

Pleasanton, CA

#6 Nov 5, 2007
The officer is an idiot for admitting to it.. He deserves what he gets.. It's too late to defend him.. There could have been numerous legitimate reasons for what happened.. The idiot admitted it....Funny..."Yes I did it! I ran his plate and followed him and waited for him to commit a traffic violation..." How stupid can you be.. And..Why do that anyway??
Esteban

Newington, CT

#7 Nov 5, 2007
And that Citgo is two doors down from Hedbergs office which is right across the street from the parking lot which officers like to sit in to do "paperwork".

Hmmm.
John Doe

Conway, SC

#8 Nov 8, 2007
First of all I can't believe that Hedberg was followed for 20 minutes and made no traffic violations. I mean, as crooked as polititions are I can not believe he would abide by all the traffic laws, but then again drunk drivers do the same because they know they are doing wrong and don't want to get caught. And god forbid that people throw us cops a bone every now and then and give us more than we deserve. Lets give more money and efforts to our school system, ohh wait, wasn't it the police that had to investigate that bomb threat a few months back? Why is the town not doing more for the police?
John Doe the Cop

United States

#9 Nov 10, 2007
It's funny how every time you talk to someone they say " I wouldn't want to do your job for anything." It's funny how these politicians work only a few months a year and make very respectable money. But when the police ask for more money to do the daily job "nobody wants to do" were over payed and unrealistic.
Boring

AOL

#10 Nov 10, 2007
This is nothing more than boring tabloid news. Who cares.. Keep crap like this internal.
Esteban

Newington, CT

#11 Nov 11, 2007
Are you kidding me? Corruption needs to be put under a spot light not swept under a rug. The Newington PD are a great bunch overall but you nip actions like this in the bud and make it as public as you can to force it to be dealt with. Tranparancy is what most of us want.
Eddy Morales

Rocky Hill, CT

#12 Oct 25, 2013
Jeff H was cheating on his wife that night
Stalker NPD

United States

#13 Oct 30, 2013
So, the local Newington Police and other Law Enforcement in the area DO know what stalking is all about.

Self-oversight never really works out the way it should.

Welcome to East Germany.
Stalker NPD

United States

#14 Oct 30, 2013
Funny wrote:
The officer is an idiot for admitting to it.. He deserves what he gets.. It's too late to defend him.. There could have been numerous legitimate reasons for what happened.. The idiot admitted it....Funny..."Yes I did it! I ran his plate and followed him and waited for him to commit a traffic violation..." How stupid can you be.. And..Why do that anyway??
Because they need to fill their monthly quotas at taxpayers' expense. That's why.
Stalker NPD

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2013
Boring wrote:
This is nothing more than boring tabloid news. Who cares.. Keep crap like this internal.
Yeah, that's what the NSA is saying, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tabernacle Baptist Church Sat Gail Totzke 1
New Britain Music Thread (Apr '14) Dec 1 Musikologist 7
News The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Nov 27 Just a kid 92
News FBI at Carabetta Office Building on Center and ... (Jun '11) Nov '17 stagdick 26
Southwick & Meister (Mar '13) Nov '17 Ellena 8
Missing Oct '17 Nicoleamaro 1
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep '17 Diversity Dude 32

Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berlin Mortgages