Stay-At-Home Moms In Wethersfield Unite

Jun 18, 2010 Full story: Hartford Courant 12

When deciding whether to send her children to day care, Allison Bouzakis remembered her own childhood.

Full Story
Who Cares

Glastonbury, CT

#1 Jun 19, 2010
Who cares.
Thats Right

North Branford, CT

#3 Jun 22, 2010
Nobody freakin' cares about a bunch of people sitting home pushing out babies into an already overpopulated world.
OMG Really

Newington, CT

#4 Apr 28, 2012
Thats Right wrote:
Nobody freakin' cares about a bunch of people sitting home pushing out babies into an already overpopulated world.
Don't forget your walkie-talkie, cholcolate lab, jogging stroller,
and polish up that mini-van, oh, so sorry, Lexus SUV.
bill

Newington, CT

#5 Apr 28, 2012
Get a job.
Nord Italian

Traverse City, MI

#6 Feb 9, 2013
Newington glastonbury lakeville/salsbury ct ? Apparently you must be unaware that wethersfield is a old puritanical town with a lot of old anglo money and new italian money and out ranks you guys in socioeconomic status,so more than likely their husbands are well off to well to do and take care of them. Better that than welfare rolls. I will also note that they also out rankall of you in being the most Cowardly arrogant stuckup SNOBS you will ever have the misfortue of ever meeting! Not to mention the NAZI cops at almost every corner you turn you see one! What a bunch of rich Pussies! To feel that unsafe that they spend a ton of cash to pay for a semi-police state in which they live? I could almost expect that from some spoiled snotmouth anglos but come on ITALIANS? These guido's are nt like the ones i remember in NYC or years ago in Hartford ct. Pathetic!!!
Lilith

Newington, CT

#8 Feb 11, 2013
Nord Italian wrote:
Newington glastonbury lakeville/salsbury ct ? Apparently you must be unaware that wethersfield is a old puritanical town with a lot of old anglo money and new italian money and out ranks you guys in socioeconomic status,so more than likely their husbands are well off to well to do and take care of them. Better that than welfare rolls. I will also note that they also out rankall of you in being the most Cowardly arrogant stuckup SNOBS you will ever have the misfortue of ever meeting! Not to mention the NAZI cops at almost every corner you turn you see one! What a bunch of rich Pussies! To feel that unsafe that they spend a ton of cash to pay for a semi-police state in which they live? I could almost expect that from some spoiled snotmouth anglos but come on ITALIANS? These guido's are nt like the ones i remember in NYC or years ago in Hartford ct. Pathetic!!!
BRILLIANT!!

"PoliceState", "Snobs", "Puritanical", "Cowardly", "NAZI", "Arrogant", "Pathetic".

Perfect description.
Nord Italian

Traverse City, MI

#9 Feb 12, 2013
Im glad you agree lillith. :)
Lilith

Newington, CT

#10 Feb 12, 2013
Nord Italian wrote:
Im glad you agree lillith.:)
Absolutely.
You are, also, correct about the "new Italian money". Although,that may have entered Wethersfield years ago, the "new" generation(s) seem to have forgotten just where they came from: peasants......hard-working, humble, and GRATEFUL.
These people shame their heritage and their ancestors.
Nord Italian

Traverse City, MI

#11 Feb 13, 2013
OMG Lillith you are so correct! My great grandfather died in novembre 1983 5 weeks before i turned 16 so i knew him very well and still miss him dearly to this day. That being said after ellis island unlike 80% of thenorth italians who went to places like ohio illinois colorado and even california he moved to a small n italian enclave in glastonbury and died 17 days prior to his 92 birthday. With a third grade education he founded the old William H Mino express trucking company and a car wash ,a gas station as well. He became a millionaire before he died and was friends with the founder of monaco ford family as well. But my father his grandson who grew up very spoiled and became the preppiest deadbeat dad you ever did see told me once when he was 15 him and grandma prepared a stew with lentiles in it something they eat in biella italy area and dad said this is peasant food,and great grandpa pounded the table and said what do you think we are!!! So its almost ironic lillith that you would point that out because even though his suit cost more than a Harvard degree back in the day he always thought of himself as a peasant never above his parents and family. Wethersfield is full of peasants!!! Its also funny how the puritan pilgrims whined like sissies in england aaaggghhhh111 persecution but they had no problem wiping out raping stealing and massacreing the indians in ct and mass ri ny ect.Now the us their own gestapo to control and keep everyone from having fun. Sad but true.:(
Nord Italian

Traverse City, MI

#12 Feb 13, 2013
I will also note that in the summer near jordan lane there is a park in hartford and sometimes you will see a buch of puerto ricans having bbq's listening to music laughing and having fun while on the wethersfield side you see these new genration italians if you want to call them that and anglos walk by and so many not all but a majority of them look like they have a 10 inch up there you know what, so how did wethersfield become The Stepford Wives husbands and kids inc?
Lilith

Newington, CT

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Nord Italian wrote:
So how did wethersfield become The Stepford Wives husbands and kids inc?
My guess: Americanization.....
which breeds a profoundly arrogant sense of entitlement. That, and the loss of cultural tradition and moral engagement.
Most of these people would be nothing/have nothing without the hard work of their parents and grandparents, etc. Yet, continually take credit for their "own success".
Nord Italian

Traverse City, MI

#14 Feb 14, 2013
You are so correct lilith. Our country is going down the tubes very fast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man Calls 911 on "Babbling" Wife Dec 23 Naughtyrobot 3
Retired Police Officer, Charged With Possessing... (Jun '13) Dec 21 Police State USA 2
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) Dec 19 William Walker 2
Middletown Police Handcuff 10-Year Old Girl Dur... Dec 18 I call cops Pigs 1
Attempted Robbery, Larceny, Drug Conspiracy - F... Dec 15 Johnny Z 2
In Connecticut, No Violence, But Dismay At Even... Dec 9 Pig Hunter 1
Acces Health CT offers free in-person enrollmen... Dec 9 Marta 1
Berlin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berlin News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Berlin