NEWINGTON: 'Delivery Men' Ransack Home

NEWINGTON: 'Delivery Men' Ransack Home

There are 33 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 8, 2009, titled NEWINGTON: 'Delivery Men' Ransack Home. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Two robbers posing as delivery men invaded a home at 579 New Britain Ave. in Newington about 8 a.m. Saturday and ransacked it after forcing a female resident into a room.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J_Raised_In_CT

Rocklin, CA

#21 Feb 8, 2009
The law doesn't go far enough -- it should be amended to state that it's automatically presumed that someone entering an occupied house intends violence, so there's no wiggle room for a prosecuter of the victim or attorney for the criminal to claim they didn't plan to harm anyone (which the victim, who didn't have the luxury of planning that the criminal had, has NO way to know at the time). There should also be automatic dismissal of any civil lawsuit where the plaintiff was committing a crime at the time (with the criminal or heirs bringing the suit charged full costs).

And no, it isn't "vigilante" justice to defend yourself -- in *this* case, the victim wasn't murdered, but in many others they are, so it's a fair assumption that they are in danger.
Esquire

Old Saybrook, CT

#23 Feb 9, 2009
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about being a vigilante? If somebody breaks into your house, and you're home, you should be able to shoot them, no questions asked. The fact that you can't in some states is deplorable in my book.
If someone is in your home and posing a threat to yourself or family, you have a statutory right in the State of Connecticut to kill the invader.
Make sure you kill them though, because dead people can't sue or play the race card.
Sally

Monticello, NY

#24 Feb 9, 2009
These Fake "Delivery Men" should get the death penalty...once you start doing this perhaps criminals might think twice.
Is this day and age noone should open the door for anybody unless you know someone is coming.
Brooke

Monticello, NY

#25 Feb 9, 2009
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
Newington, what a dump !..Notice the crime was in Newington and not New Britain which is much safer then Newington
Newington is NOT a dump....You live in Southington how would you know???
Stay in Southington don't cross the line!!!
Queen Street bazaar

Middletown, RI

#26 Feb 9, 2009
Brooke wrote:
<quoted text>
Newington is NOT a dump....You live in Southington how would you know???
Stay in Southington don't cross the line!!!
Remember Brooke Southington has Queen Street!. How can any other town compete with that mecca of thrift shops, cheezy strip malls, and what is that strip club called? Oh yes the Blue Parrot.
Another Waterbury Victim

United States

#27 Feb 9, 2009
Homeowners who own guns are more likely to shoot a member of their family than a criminal.

So, go buy a gun, but buy insurance for your family.
an american

Manchester, NH

#28 Feb 9, 2009
Every American should be armed. Then these criminals would think twice before they enter someones property!

Violent criminals like this need to be severley punished!
Sam

Newington, CT

#29 Feb 10, 2009
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
Newington, what a dump !..Notice the crime was in Newington and not New Britain which is much safer then Newington
that's because all the criminals come from New Britain to Newington. The dirt bags know there is nothing to steal in New Britain.
ACLU Moron

New Hartford, CT

#30 Feb 10, 2009
Another Waterbury Victim wrote:
Homeowners who own guns are more likely to shoot a member of their family than a criminal.
You obviously have not followed Connecticut news. We had 2 home invasions where multiple residents were brutally murdered in Cheshire and in New Britain and a near miss tragedy on Robbins Avenue.

In those home invasions there was no gun in the home. The result: Brutal rapes of children, murder and burning of bodies.

You CANNOT Negotiate with Evil!

I as a father and husband will always have a loaded gun near my person and will not mistakenly shoot my own kids or wife because we have spoken as a family about such emergencies and I will clearly identify my assailant before I put him 6 feet under.
neighbor

Rocky Hill, CT

#31 Feb 19, 2009
Does anyone know if they found these guys?
an american

Manchester, NH

#33 Feb 20, 2009
ACLU Moron wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously have not followed Connecticut news. We had 2 home invasions where multiple residents were brutally murdered in Cheshire and in New Britain and a near miss tragedy on Robbins Avenue.
In those home invasions there was no gun in the home. The result: Brutal rapes of children, murder and burning of bodies.
You CANNOT Negotiate with Evil!
I as a father and husband will always have a loaded gun near my person and will not mistakenly shoot my own kids or wife because we have spoken as a family about such emergencies and I will clearly identify my assailant before I put him 6 feet under.
I couldn't agree more! But some choose to be victims through ignorance.

The Government banned guns in DC for over 30 years and the crime and murder rates skyrocketed.

Ptotect your family, because you are the first and last line of defense.
an american

Manchester, NH

#34 Feb 20, 2009
Another Waterbury Victim wrote:
If someone was breaking into your house and coming at you, the first thought is going to be " I wish I had a gun" but instead you get killed.

Yours is a poor Idea. Guns save lives. Don't listen to the Propaganda. Think for yourself.
Bang Bang

United States

#35 Jul 22, 2013
Looks like the NRA Disinformation Troll Caucus has put it's idiots on the case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Tue myspace 12
News Wallingford man dies after being cut by sword (Aug '08) Nov 27 Neighbord hater 103
News DEA, state police crack down on 'outlaw motorcy... (Dec '05) Nov 24 Wideglide 199
Rivers Edge Condos Nov 12 Texan 1
News DeLauro Expected To Cruise To Victory In The 3r... Nov 9 Larry 1
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! (Apr '15) Oct '16 Skeptical 3
News Word Watch: How To Pronounce Connecticut Words (Jun '08) Apr '16 Fairfield guy 10

Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berlin Mortgages