Two Injured In Berlin Motorcycle Accident -- Motorcycling

A man and a woman were injured this afternoon when the motorcycle they were driving and a car collided on Webster Square Road, police siad. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
think about it

Lakeville, CT

#2 Jun 2, 2008
butane wrote:
Damn clueless automobile drivers never looking out for bikes.
Right! And because of the few morons on speeding bikes many no longer respect motorcyclists. Many think bikers are the bad guys and deserving of their crashes.

Since: May 08

West Suffield, CT

#3 Jun 2, 2008
Not all bikers speed, and I do notice that it is more of the cars fault then bikers fault. This is coming from some one who rides. I'll be driving down the road doing the speed limit and someone will change lanes into my lane right in front of me or almost into me, and then I either have to hit the breaks or gun it to not end up becoming road kill. All the times I've come close to getting hit I think I've only caused one time out of many! Cars need to be more aware of motorcycles!
Todd

New Britain, CT

#4 Jun 2, 2008
I carry my gun when I ride. Just in cas I have to shoot an idiot
think about it

Lakeville, CT

#5 Jun 2, 2008
I stand by what I said. If more people respected bikes, there would be fewer crashes. I said "few morons".
tripper

Murrieta, CA

#6 Jun 2, 2008
Todd wrote:
I carry my gun when I ride. Just in cas I have to shoot an idiot
I don't understand. Do you mean you carry a gun while riding as a passenger in a car, or you carry a gun while riding on a bike? Either way, you are an idiot for carrying a gun, if you are not attached to law enforcement. You are the type we are trying to get off the streets.
Rachel

Anaheim, CA

#7 Jun 2, 2008
Does anyone know who this was?!
Former South End Boy

Overland Park, KS

#8 Jun 2, 2008
tripper wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand. Do you mean you carry a gun while riding as a passenger in a car, or you carry a gun while riding on a bike? Either way, you are an idiot for carrying a gun, if you are not attached to law enforcement. You are the type we are trying to get off the streets.
Doesn't anyone appreciate sarcastic humor anymore? Lighten up Francis! Not everything you read is meant to be taken seriously.

Unless it's on 'THE INTERNET' of course.
TMS43

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jun 2, 2008
It was a bad scene. Bike was destroyed.....The Acura I think hit them head on or close to it.
Jay Tee

Greenfield, MA

#10 Jun 2, 2008
butane wrote:
Damn clueless automobile drivers never looking out for bikes.
Or, given the fatal accident in Durham, damn clueless motorcycle riders never looking out for cars....

“US Elects Fake”

Since: Aug 07

East of the River

#11 Jun 2, 2008
tripper wrote:
<quoted text>I don't ? Either way, you are an idiot for carrying a gun, if you are not attached to law enforcement. You are the type we are trying to get off the streets.
Uhh oh. MOONBAT alert!
In The Know

Southington, CT

#12 Jun 2, 2008
The guy on the motorcycle ran the red light. No skid marks. The driver was 20 years old from Bloomfield, no mc license, the girl was 16,and from Berlin.
new britain

Plainville, CT

#13 Jun 3, 2008
tHE MAN IS 20 AND SHE WAS 17YRS OLD. GOD BE WITH BOTH OF THEM....
from your back yard

Plainville, CT

#14 Jun 3, 2008
She is family to us,she is a tough girl.. She will fight this, she wont give up.. She is very badly hurt.. I don't know much about him. But very sad they are both so young to go thru so much.
Saulk

New Britain, CT

#15 Jun 3, 2008
The acura did not hit the motorcycle head on. This was clearly the motorcyclists fault. I know.. because it happened right outside my work.

Since: May 08

West Suffield, CT

#16 Jun 5, 2008
so of course after I post something on this I was hit yesterday while on my motorcycle....driver actually said she didn't see me at all, at least i was able to walk away from it with only minor injuries...
Rachel

Anaheim, CA

#17 Jun 5, 2008
my little brother is the girls age that was hurt and goes to BHS, I just hope shes okay thats all! I know what it feels like to want to protect kids that age! I couldnt imagine if that was him who was injured. That is a horrible intersection, and even in a car, i can remember multiple close calls.
Yeah OK

East Hartford, CT

#18 Jun 17, 2008
It was the idiot on the bike who caused that accident, he shouldnt have been in berlin with some little girl, we have enough morons riding bikes, if they want to kill them selves fine, just dont ride with passengers!
Jay Tee

Greenfield, MA

#19 Sep 1, 2008
Former Suffieldian wrote:
so of course after I post something on this I was hit yesterday while on my motorcycle....driver actually said she didn't see me at all, at least i was able to walk away from it with only minor injuries...
Extremely defensive is the only way to ride a motorcycle. Otherwise, expect to have an accident.
2StrokeLover

Bristol, CT

#20 Sep 6, 2008
I find it is the idiots in cages trying to run me down..I almost was ran into the other day on RT72 some idiot young driver switching lanes without looking or signaling...I pulled up along side the guy and gave him a WTF and he flips me off...I got in front of him but the only thing I had to throw at his car was my cel phone..His lucky I didn't have the time to follow his ass and kick the shit out of him once he got off the highway..I think Todd has the right idea..And besides I hate stupid people,I have no use for them...

As far as this accident...Sorry to hear about the passenger and hope she is doing all right..And if the driver was unlicensed and ran the light I really have no sympathy for the young idiot..Though I'm a biker and hate seeing anyone go down..Taking out someone's child on a bike without being properly licensed is unexcusable...I don't care if this guy was Valentino Rossi himself..Without the proper license he had no right riding some poor girl on the back...The end results prove my point.
i feel you

Beacon Falls, CT

#21 Sep 14, 2008
i feel ya 2StrokeLover. I don't ride a bike
but when I'm driving some idiot doesn't signal or the like and we almost hit each other yet I GET CALLED A BITCH/FLIPPED OFF when it's THEIR fault for not driving correctly? Karma..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Meyer & Andy Paradise Southington Drug Deal... (Jul '08) Oct 10 all you are bums 5
Petition to End Early Release From Prison Program Oct 9 2ndchancesCanwork 1
Self-Proclaimed 'Sovereign Citizen' Agrees To P... Oct 3 Larry 1
Cheshire Police Blotter: Aug. 19-24 (Aug '13) Oct 1 roas 6
Gangstalking and Harassment (Jan '13) Sep 25 A Special Place I... 328
Trail Has Bad End (Nov '07) Sep 23 John Wilkinson 52
The Amusing History Of Savin Rock, From 1870 To... (Jul '07) Sep 22 Strayer 89
Berlin Dating
Find my Match

Berlin Jobs

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Berlin News, Events & Info