Obama: Congress should follow New Eng...

Obama: Congress should follow New England on wages

There are 11 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Mar 5, 2014, titled Obama: Congress should follow New England on wages. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

President Barack Obama speaks on the importance of raising the minimum wage during an event at at Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, Conn., Wednesday, March 5, 2014.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Quirky

Denver, CO

#1 Mar 5, 2014
Where`s he gonna find the money to fund the new war with Russia and China?
Memo From Turner

Shanghai, China

#2 Mar 6, 2014
Quirky wrote:
Where`s he gonna find the money to fund the new war with Russia and China?
Hopefully he does not put it on the credit card like Bush did.

Since: Nov 13

Dedham, MA

#3 Mar 7, 2014
The President's ignorance of basic principles of economics is truly disturbing.
Memo From Turner

Taichung, Taiwan

#4 Mar 8, 2014
achyfi wrote:
The President's ignorance of basic principles of economics is truly disturbing.
It was shocking how little Bush understood what he was doing when it came to the economy. Remember when he mailed everybody in the country $300 checks in some sort of weird plan to stoke the economy? Then when it did not work he mailed out $600 checks to everybody. Good grief. Fortunately Obama has done a good job of cleaning up his mess. The deficit is being reduced at a record rate and is now at a lower percentage of GDP that at any time since World War II and the stock market has doubled. That is a difficult trick to pull off, but he has done it in only five years.

Petal Power

“It's a New Dawn”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#5 Mar 11, 2014
PRICES are increasing on EVERY thing..From Rent, Food, gasoline, nonfood items, College tuition, taxes, Cars, etc.

RAISE the Minimum Wage!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Mar 11, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
PRICES are increasing on EVERY thing..From Rent, Food, gasoline, nonfood items, College tuition, taxes, Cars, etc.
RAISE the Minimum Wage!!
ditto
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Mar 11, 2014
When Marxists even hint at raising the minimum wage, prices increase. But, every time Marxists actually raise the minimum wage, prices increase dramatically. It happens every time, so that a minimum wage increase becomes meaningless in short order.

Stupid people should never be encouraged to be more stupid.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#8 Mar 11, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
It was shocking how little Bush understood what he was doing when it came to the economy. Remember when he mailed everybody in the country $300 checks in some sort of weird plan to stoke the economy? Then when it did not work he mailed out $600 checks to everybody. Good grief. Fortunately Obama has done a good job of cleaning up his mess. The deficit is being reduced at a record rate and is now at a lower percentage of GDP that at any time since World War II and the stock market has doubled. That is a difficult trick to pull off, but he has done it in only five years.
Have you got anything to offer except the "but Bush" defense? BTW slick, if you think the deficit is reducing at a record rate, you truly are a dumbass.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#9 Mar 11, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
PRICES are increasing on EVERY thing..From Rent, Food, gasoline, nonfood items, College tuition, taxes, Cars, etc.
RAISE the Minimum Wage!!
And then price really will go up. Damn, I hate stupid folks.
Memo From Turner

Taipei, Taiwan

#10 Mar 12, 2014
MSO4 wrote:
<quoted text>Have you got anything to offer except the "but Bush" defense? BTW slick, if you think the deficit is reducing at a record rate, you truly are a dumbass.
That's the difference between people who read and people who just eat whatever AM radio feeds them.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#11 Mar 12, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the difference between people who read and people who just eat whatever AM radio feeds them.
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Erardi retiring as Newtown schools superintendent Jul 13 George Roberge 1
Southwick & Meister (Mar '13) Jul 12 Ellena 5
News Top of June's lottery winners: Milford man gets... Jul 9 WorkAvoider 7
News Plainville Dog Park Site Being Considered Jul 7 Danielle Roux 1
Kay's Gag Shop (Jun '06) Jun 27 Judy 57
News 'My Bar' To Move (Mar '08) May '17 Wildbird 46
B & D Automotive in Newington Connecticut (Apr '14) May '17 Maurice Sandloff 3

Berlin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Berlin Mortgages