|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Memories wrote:
For anyone interested:
Kay(Katherine Benoit) passed away at the age of 88 on Nov. 25th, 2004.
This, according to the SSDI.
How the hell did you find this out????
Lisa Lewis

North Conway, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Pete wrote:
I grew up on Betsy Rd in the the 80's and walked past Kays everyday and went in there alot. I have to wonder does anybody have any old photos of the shop?
Back in the late 60's you would have been referred to as a "Betsey Roader." At least that's what we on Cassidy Drive called all the kids who lived on Betsy Road.
Michelle Paradis

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

James DiLoreto wrote:
My brother and I were just searching for Kay's Gag Shop on Google and were disappointed with the lack of results. We were happy to find this message thread though, keeping the memory of the Gag Shop alive. As kids we would always go to Kay's Gag Shop completely mesmerized by Kay and the odd assortment of masks and gags on the old shelves. As someone else in this thread said, Kay's Gag Shop is burned into my memory.
If anyone has any pictures of this place please post them!
Mr diloreto... Where have you been all my life!
Haha Kay's was the best!
Anywho thought it was funny coming across your name.. Miss you! If you ever do see this we should meet and catch up, hope your doing great!
Please respond if u would like to, ever time I drive by your mothers I'm tempted to stop in to see if you're there..
Michelle Paradis

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

This place smelled of cat urine and if was open now she'd be on that show Hoarders...
Ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Kay is my grandmother and if anyone has questions feel free to ask...
Ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Caitlin Corless wrote:
A friend of mine just moved to Plainville and while I was giving him a brief overview of life in Plainville I recalled Kay's Gag Shop, which used to be on Farmington Avenue. After googling "Kay's Gag Shop" and getting no results, I found myself a bit sad to see that there was no evidence that this place ever existed. It's the quirks like Kay's Gag Shop that make me think so fondly of my hometown. I know no place like Plainville, CT. I'd like to learn a bit more about this shop, about the woman who ran it. If anyone has any stories they would like to share about the place, I would love to hear about them.
Kay was my grandmother
Ed Burke

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

I remember Kay's. We used to get red lips, six pack of those wax drink bottles, candies that don't exist. All kinds of penny candy that are 10 cents if you can get them. She was an excentric Landy that was nice. I miss some of those days. I knew Tommy Hollis and his dad's store up the street.
Bea

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Bob wrote:
I know Katherine and boy you people have most of your facts messed up. Its long story but if you want to here I will poost the facts correctly.
Please Bob, do tell us the facts. We are all very intrigued by Kaye and would love to hear the true story after all these years of wondering.
Bea

New Britain, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Ryan wrote:
Kay is my grandmother and if anyone has questions feel free to ask...
I'd love the hear the story of her...who she really was, what she went through. Any details. People find her so intriguing any information would be appreciated.
DonnaP

Belleview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2013

We would go to Kays after school.(Wheeler school) Load up on penny candy, and stuff that exploded.
Kay was an eccentric lady, but very nice to us kids.She had too many cats, and remember her coal black eyeliner, red lipstick. Always thought she was a gypsy.
The person killed at the trailer was her Grandson, and their last name was Winters. Im not sure the Daughter who had been killed young in a car accident had ever married.
God memory.
Ed Burke

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2013

I went in to Kays in about the 50's did not remember the cat urine but Kay was a strant person I knew Tommy Holis ( I think) His dad owned the food store/freezer. Kays had a lot of stuff but it looked newer than the other posts had. There definately was strange things going on in back of the store. I also knew Scott Soper who went to kays with me and the wax bottles of something that you could drink. All for now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Berlin Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••