Make Connecticut Pharmacies Disclose Number Of Errors

David, a Southington resident, went to his local CVS pharmacy on Feb. 19 to pick up his first prescription for paroxetine, the generic form of the anti-depressant drug Paxil. Full Story
greg

New London, CT

#1 Mar 22, 2009
I really love it when national chains treat Dog like the puppy he is...
ctwatchdog

Chicago, IL

#2 Mar 22, 2009
greg wrote:
I really love it when national chains treat Dog like the puppy he is...
So tell us Greg, what did you do this week to help others? You still trying to get on that blog, can't even succeed there.
sad and yet funny

West Hartford, CT

#3 Mar 22, 2009
ctwatchdog wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us Greg, what did you do this week to help others? You still trying to get on that blog, can't even succeed there.
going for those easy assignments again dog,? wouldn't want you to hurt yourself working!
Bill_Corcoran__W indsor

Higganum, CT

#4 Mar 22, 2009
Measures to reduce the consequences of these mix-ups should include an insert in every prescription medicine package at handover to the patient or the patient's agent. This insert should spell out the steps to be taken to find detectable mix-ups.
For example, compare the label on the package to the actual prescription, compare the appearance of the medicine to the appearance of previous medicine of the same type, be alert to a response to the new medicine different from previous responses to the same medicine, proceed as if there is a mix-up until it has been verified that there hasn't been...
Former CT Resident

Brunswick, ME

#5 Mar 22, 2009
I had a similar experience with Walgreens several years ago. I had broken my foot & received a prescription for a pain med. The pharmacy gave me a pain med containing acetomenphen, which I am allergic to. Yes, the physician who wrote the prescription failed to note the allergy listed on my chart, but the pharmacist also failed to note the allergy listed in my profile. I pointed out to the pharmacist that I was allergic to Tylenol & he quickly told me that my prescription contained acetomenophen, not Tylenol. I then pointed out to him that Tylenol is the brand name for acetomenophen and that they were one and the same. My question was, "Why didn't Walgeens compuiter system alert them to my allergy & why did the head pharmacist insist that acetomenophen & Tylenol were not the same thing."
sad and yet funny

West Hartford, CT

#7 Mar 22, 2009
ctwatchdog wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Greg are real contributors to make our world better. Keep up the good work.
At least we keep it real...too bad you can't say the same
greg

New London, CT

#9 Mar 22, 2009
ctwatchdog wrote:
<quoted text>
email me puppy
Bill Mainor

United States

#10 Mar 22, 2009
CVS is an excellent pharmacy. It deserves our trust. I think there is enough oversight. We should use our limited government resources where the need is greater - such as education for our children.
johnny

Odenton, MD

#12 Mar 23, 2009
Errors are not preventable. Humans will make human errors. If there are problems with the pharmacies systems that are contributing to errors then those can be fixed. However, reporting to the public how many errors a pharmacy makes does absolutely nothing to prevent errors. You think the chains want to make errors??? Of course not. Based on volume I'm sure every pharmacy makes a proportional amount of errors. Costco fills about 1/1000 of the prescriptions that Walgreeens or CVS does. And by the way the bigger chains like CVS have the best technology in their computer systems to prevent errors...unlike Target who still uses one of the oldest pharmacy computer systems. Lastly, patients should take their health into their own hands...to trust everyone in the health care system to not make an error would be foolish. From the doctors to the nurses to the pharmacists, there is a tremendous potential for error. Check everything yourself and check it twice.
GailJ

Windsor, CT

#13 Mar 23, 2009
What concerns me about CVS is their prescription price is not all the same. I called about six different CVS to check on prices for one of my clients who has no health insurance. The one in windor was six dollars more plus they charged a dispensing fee.
Ronald Reagan

Hartford, CT

#14 Mar 23, 2009
Bill Mainor wrote:
CVS is an excellent pharmacy. It deserves our trust.
Trust, but verify.
exposem

Hartford, CT

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Yes, Bravo!
Oh Heck

Hartford, CT

#20 Mar 24, 2009
LOL. Every post on this thread is a spam. LOL.
Cat

Warren, NJ

#21 Apr 15, 2009
I suspect pharmacy errors are more common that CVS admits. Last month I had a prescription for my daughter filled at our local CVS. Her 10-day course of antibiotics was in liquid form, which came in three bottles. One of the three bottles was recycled - a new label for her prescription had been placed over another label for an older, expired prescription for the same medication. Unfortunately, we discovered this only after she had a mild reaction to the expired medication.
Nae Ann

Chicago, IL

#23 Nov 14, 2011
Paxil has become one of the leading antidepressants in the market. To now more about it you can check this site http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/paxil-fda-... . There are also different ways to manage anxiety and not only following the doctor prescription.
Kenneth Benson

France

#24 Feb 4, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Foster

Sweden

#25 Apr 19, 2013
i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Alex

Kathmandu, Nepal

#26 May 25, 2013
I have used http://qgeneric.info/#nint for about 3 years and find their products to be reliable and speedily delivered. The Support team are very promt and helpful in solving any issues that arise,caused by my errors not the company's. I was a little sceptical initially about buying generic products rather than brand names. However, the Mens' Health products I have bought have been equally as efficatious as the brand names at a fraction of the cost.
Steven

Romania

#27 Aug 16, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.
Jeduthun

Germany

#30 Sep 15, 2013
have been researching for months and reading reviews for each pharmacy and finally decided to take the plunge and order from one. After coming to the conclusion http://goo.gl/bLFWQG seemed the most safest and had the best feedback I ordered my pills. Was very apprehensive at first due to cc fraud, ell and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase againspam and being generally ripped off (have not received one spam email and no cc fraud) order process and checkout was simple.
placed my order on my debit card and was charged straight away and received confirmation email immediately. choose the speedy del trackable and was advised del would be 7-9 days and order was placed on the 08/01. was just about to email them today to chase up as now 15 days but behold package had been posted through my door. packaging seems as shown on webiste. apart from small delay on advertised shipping time i have been generally please with the pharmacy.
wont be taking the pills for another few weeks yet but all going well and they are good i would definetely recommend and purchase again from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Berlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Mar '07) Jan 29 Malishx 33
Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nat... (Oct '08) Jan 24 Billd 6
Dancing The Winter Blues Away (Jan '14) Jan 20 Citizen44 3
should i expose a cheater? (May '14) Jun '14 Kim CT 14
Debate: Marijuana - Berlin, CT (Sep '10) Mar '14 Shawn 4
Berlin's Electric Rates Become Highest In Europe (Oct '13) Feb '14 tarmo 7
Word Watch: How To Pronounce Connecticut Words (Jun '08) Nov '13 Sol 9

Winter Storm Warning for Hartford County was issued at February 01 at 4:58AM EST

Berlin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Berlin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:45 am PST